Fun Fan get together for EPCOT's 25th on Oct 1st

jasondiff

Hey Budahman, glad you'll be able to join us!
If you're interested in the IllumiNations Dessert Party click the second link in my sig.

Nana birdie

Jason - thanks for all the hard work. I am so glad Epcot's birthday is going to be celebrated. There are 2 viewing areas for Italy - which one are you getting? I will ask my manager if I can be the red light CM and not the bar cashier for that night. I do a lot of these events and my own opinion is you have picked the best dessert #2 but I wouldn't have the bar. It just complicates everything. Guests can go across the promonade and buy a glass of wine. You want to have a great dessert party and enjoy Illuminations
period. Forget the bar if you think there will be a lot of children in the group.
Who is your event planner?

dajatje

I was just wondering about the drinks myself too. According to the website, the Wine And Food Festival has just started also (9/28). I guess that would mean plenty of drinks available close by.

I still would not mind the bar though.

jasondiff

I was just wondering about the drinks myself too. According to the website, the Wine And Food Festival has just started also (9/28). I guess that would mean plenty of drinks available close by.

I still would not mind the bar though.

Yes, F&W will be just starting the weekend prior. But usually the drinks are just sampler-size from the tasting stands.

I think the final decision on the bar can wait until we get have a lot more signups and then we'll see what the majority wants. If we have a good shot at hitting the $500 mark to waive the bartender fee, then I think having the bar makes sense, since it will only cost the $35 cashier fee.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
It`s occured to me that if F&W is running, The Odyssey should be open - right? Another highlight! Forget the food & wine; I`ll be taking pictures of the interior decor and layout :D

As for the bar, we`re easy either way; Michelle and I are non drinkers (now; we didn`t used to be - that`s part the reason we are now tee total if you get my drift) Though of course I`m not saying I think a bar would be bad for everyone else.

Kristi Kay

Figments Friend...this is off topic, but I couldn't e-mail you privately. Are you really "friends with Figment" b/c I am going down for entertainment auditions in Sept. and Figment is my character of choice and I would love to talk with you about it!

jasondiff

It`s occured to me that if F&W is running, The Odyssey should be open - right? Another highlight! Forget the food & wine; I`ll be taking pictures of the interior decor and layout :D

As for the bar, we`re easy either way; Michelle and I are non drinkers (now; we didn`t used to be - that`s part the reason we are now tee total if you get my drift) Though of course I`m not saying I think a bar would be bad for everyone else.

There are usually lots of events in the Odysey for F&W. I think that's where they have a lot of the dinners, cooking demonstrations, etc. I think some of them are free so you should have no problem getting in there!

Foolish Mortal

Jason - thanks for all the hard work. I am so glad Epcot's birthday is going to be celebrated. There are 2 viewing areas for Italy - which one are you getting? I will ask my manager if I can be the red light CM and not the bar cashier for that night. I do a lot of these events and my own opinion is you have picked the best dessert #2 but I wouldn't have the bar. It just complicates everything. Guests can go across the promonade and buy a glass of wine. You want to have a great dessert party and enjoy Illuminations
period. Forget the bar if you think there will be a lot of children in the group.
Who is your event planner?

As if I wasn't stoked up about this already, if a CM is making this statement the excitement level just went to overdrive.

Can anyone clarify the "2 viewing areas" statement ? I just went back and checked out the aerial photo. I notice they have the 2 sections left and right of the walk up landing. Are those the 2 areas ? Or are the 2 sections left and right considered 1 area and the walk up area another ?

C'mon October.....

jasondiff

As if I wasn't stoked up about this already, if a CM is making this statement the excitement level just went to overdrive.

Can anyone clarify the "2 viewing areas" statement ? I just went back and checked out the aerial photo. I notice they have the 2 sections left and right of the walk up landing. Are those the 2 areas ? Or are the 2 sections left and right considered 1 area and the walk up area another ?

C'mon October.....

The West section is the landing toward American Adventure. The East section comprises the landing on the Germany side as well as the island and bridges. I'm not sure which section we have, or if the Event Coordinator reserved both for us. The East section holds more than the West section, and since I told her 100-200 people, I'm hoping we get the East section. The landing on the Germany side really doesn't have a great view, but the view from the island is spectacular.

jedimaster1227

Well, after much delay, I am back with a small update. We haven't quite hit 160 people, but we have hit 150. Considering that the free portion of the event's registration will be open until August, we can say that there are more to come. I am still working on several of my ideas for the event and am designing a few more suprises for all that attend.

One quick note is that this event will be covered photo and video-wise by the site so that the memories can be shared and saved for years to come!

EpcotServo

Well, after much delay, I am back with a small update. We haven't quite hit 160 people, but we have hit 150. Considering that the free portion of the event's registration will be open until August, we can say that there are more to come. I am still working on several of my ideas for the event and am designing a few more suprises for all that attend.

One quick note is that this event will be covered photo and video-wise by the site so that the memories can be shared and saved for years to come!
Yep! I know I'll be there to take pictures as well!
:D

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Well, I'm sure some of us will be bringing a full video setup with K lights and a rolling studio. :lookaroun
:ROFLOL: In all honesty I`ll be borrowing my dads DV cam again. However, I knew there was a reason I got a new stills camera last Christmas :D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom