Fun Fan get together for EPCOT's 25th on Oct 1st

Figments Friend

Original Poster
Awesome Martin. glad you are "officially" coming!!

yes, i agree everyone: it would be cool to go somewhere and have a huge cake waiting for us to dig into!

I know they offer the dessert package for gatherings where you can have a dessert buffet-type layout and view Illuminations. Again, we would have to figure out how this was to be paid for up-front as i am sure they require a deposit.

It would be idea though...imagine having cake saying "happy birthday EPCOT!" on outside in a private area to watch Illuminations?

How cool would it be if someone within Disney offered this to us? :drevil:

BSikor

Lets find out the details from Disney. If they require a deposit I'm sure we can work something out where we set up a PayPal fund and everyone contribute if they are coming. It can be a way to make a reservation or something.

aeillill

I'm so excited about this, I'm pretty sure my mother & I will be vacationing at WDW at this time, and if we are we'll definately be attending! I'll be sure to wear my old Figment hat from the 80's too, to show my EPCOT pride!

napnet

I think the reserving an area or having a cake for Epcot sounds good... I'd donate some money for a deposit to help that happen...

Oh, is there like an icon or something for the sign up page i could put on my own website?

maharet97a

Has anyone actually looked into going through Disney and seeing what the cost of doing something like this would be? http://disneymeetings.disney.go.com/dwm/disneydiff/detail?name=EpcotDetailPage

The Grand Finale Dessert thing would be something like what our group would need. I know there have been several discussions about it, but has anyone actually looked into it and possibly have gotten quotes. I know most people probably wouldn't mind donating towards something like this. If the cost can be kept reasonably low that is. Anyway I myself would like to see some quotes on something like this or one of the Grand/Magical Gatherings possibilities. From what I've read, they can customize anything to our group's needs and budget.

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
im still working it napnet..... and forthe record, id give up going to the FSU UA game to make this. the flights are the same... and i can sleep in a chair at the airport between flights since i probably couldnt afford a room :lol:

:D

napnet

im still working it napnet..... and forthe record, id give up going to the FSU UA game to make this. the flights are the same... and i can sleep in a chair at the airport between flights since i probably couldnt afford a room.

That's dedication to Epcot! I'm sure you can find a cheap room somewhere!!

Jekyll_Baker

Has anyone actually looked into going through Disney and seeing what the cost of doing something like this would be? http://disneymeetings.disney.go.com/dwm/disneydiff/detail?name=EpcotDetailPage

The Grand Finale Dessert thing would be something like what our group would need. I know there have been several discussions about it, but has anyone actually looked into it and possibly have gotten quotes. I know most people probably wouldn't mind donating towards something like this. If the cost can be kept reasonably low that is. Anyway I myself would like to see some quotes on something like this or one of the Grand/Magical Gatherings possibilities. From what I've read, they can customize anything to our group's needs and budget.

I'd be willing to make us a cake, but might not be feasible. Most places with their own catering departments frown on outside food (I know the hotel I work for does). And also, if it happens that I won't be able to come celebrate with everyone, I'd hate to disappoint everyone that do show up. But, I'd gladly donate some $ for the cause.

Here's hoping to see everyone in October!

scottnj1966

I have always loved Epcot.

I was very lucky that I was invited with a friend of mine to visit Epcot before it actually opened.
It was like having the whole park opened for you.
Everything was a different feeling then it is now. Computers were not mainstream so being able to play with them and seeing what they could do was like seeing the future. What was his name, bip or blip, the interactive touchscreen computer they had placed everywhere. Those were fun.
I will miss the many robotics. I still have my drawing that was done by a robot arm.

Epcot at that time was pure educational, and I enjoyed it. Now it is more a mix. Which I do like also.

Hopefully Epcot will continue to grow into something everyone loves.
I only live an hour away so I will do my best to make it to the get together too.

Scott

Figments Friend

Original Poster

EXCELLENT suggestions...and yes i agree, this is along the lines of what i was thinking would work better for us. Instead of a meal together, we have a dessert party! I have seen the "Grand Finale" dessert event a few times...usually it's the area near the Fish n' Chips shop in the UK area that hosts it, down by the water. THANK YOU also for suggesting maybe setting up a PayPal account to solve the problem of how we would be able to safely pool $$ together for this , if we were to do it.

I really like this idea....i am sure Disney could make up a cake for us.

I have not looked into it personally yet, as far as prices go, as i want to wait and see what sort of crowd we are going to be attracing. Natually i don't want to wait TOO long since we don't want to risk out spot being booked up.

I am figuring that by summertime, we will have a better idea of what the numbers will be, and take it from there.

:wave:

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I can`t decide whether to go for the "The 21st Century Began.." design or to dig out my 1990 black with dayglo-neon(!) tank top with the old EC logo and SSE park icon....

I`m just happy to have to choose!

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
BTW; at the very least I say we put in a request for some benches to pose for the group photo properly. Or...... a Ladder! Maybe even THE ladder! :D

If even half as many turn up as it seems it`ll be fun just composing the picture...

"Front row - sit down

Middle Row - kneel down

Back row - stand up

Middle row - I know it hurts.... stop standing...no! Don't sit.... I can't see you now...

Right. Now all move IN by 3ft...

Okay. Now whos going to take the picture... anyone..?"

Lee

Adventurer
Somebody PM Bwana Bob or Kevin Page.
I believe they set up most of the details regarding the last big meet in '04 which included that lovely dessert buffet for Illuminations.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom