Fun Fan get together for EPCOT's 25th on Oct 1st

Matpez

Adam I just noticed that the Sunday, 11am History Walk starting in Mexico is now gone from the schedule... just wanted to double check that it was indeed changed, and that portion is no longer taking place.

I actually know the answer to this...

John and Adam had decided to change the meet up location and time...
the History walk is still taking place, just starting 11:30 at Test track.
It was always intended as a History Walk of Future World East, but originally the meet up in Mexico at 11 would have allowed the group to walk past the odyssey restaurant and arrive at Test track...
They ultimately decided there was no reason for everyone in the group to walk all the way out to Mexico when the 1st main attraction to see was Test Track.

:)

Rototom

This anniversary might be the most taped event in the history of WDW. There should be videos on the web not too long after that.

Also...leaving this afternoon! See ya all real SOON!

Eyorefan

Still around and good morning to you as well. Why did I book a Sunday AM flight opposed to one today or tomorrow? :hammer:

Good morning to all. I am still here. One more day of work to get through. Why didn't I take this day off??? I don't think I will get much done. To many great Disney things to think about!

I called this morning and tried one last time get get dinner at the Liberty Tree on Sunday, no go. I guess I am keeping my cristal palace resise. I also bit the bullet and up graded our tickets to park hopper. I am going to try and get some Epcot attractions and shoping in on Sunday before the big Monday crowds hit.

I am so excited! I can't wait to see you all there!:wave:

ZapperZ

I have one more day as well. We leave very early tomorrow morning for Orlando and should get in by 11:00 am.

Looking forward to meeting everyone there!

Zz.

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
Still around and good morning to you as well. Why did I book a Sunday AM flight opposed to one today or tomorrow? :hammer:
2 weeks ago i moved my flight from sunday AM to saturday afternoon. im missing the UA vs FSU game which i really wanted to see.... but the benefit is that i wake up in orlando and have a nice morning planned before the rope drop at MK.... not trying to rub it in or anything :D

jasondiff

good moring to all that is still around.

woot woot its friday. so i have 72hours and 27 minutes till Epcot opens on its birthday.

:D

I'm still here too, but I bet it's gonna be a slow day. I bet Adam is in school but not able to concentrate on anything!

Haha, I keep saying to myself, why did I book a Saturday AM flight instead of one Friday night!

So will anyone be video taping the events on Monday in HD maybe and be able to post it online?

There will be at least one person taping in HD, and I'm betting people will be posting video online, but the HD video is going to be too big to post online. You'll probably have to settle for crappy YouTube quality. :cry:

mermaid1

We cannot go to the anniversary celebration,:( BUT I will be looking forward to everyone's trip reports and zillions of pictures and vids! I cannot wait to see them all. I love to see everyone's pics and vids! Please post them as soon as humanly possible after the trip! I know you all will be so excited and tired and still have pixie dust in your hair, so I will eagerly await all of your reports about the festivities!
I so wish we could have gone to The World! I need a trip, it has been since January since our last trip to Disneyland...:( BUT your pics and reports will cheer me up til our next trip to WDW!!!!
Can't wait, can't wait to see all your TR's and pics!!!!:sohappy:
Mermaid1

Brian_WDW74

In honor of Epcot's 25th, I'm posting these 25 "fun facts" from the Walt Disney World News site:

EPCOT25: Epcot Fun Facts

LAKE BUENA VISTA, Fla. -- October 2007 marks the 25th anniversary of the Epcot theme park at Walt Disney World Resort. Following are 25 remarkable facts about Epcot:
  • It took nearly 3,000 designers and 4,000 construction workers to build the first phase of Epcot.
  • 54 million cubic feet of dirt was excavated to build the park.
  • Epcot had its soft opening Sept. 28, 1982, at 4 p.m.
  • Spaceship Earth, the visual and thematic centerpiece of Epcot, weighs 16 million pounds, measures 165 feet in diameter and encompasses 2.2 million cubic feet of space. The outer "skin" of Spaceship Earth is made up of 11,324 aluminum and plastic-alloy triangles.
  • At Spaceship Earth, Mickey Mouse is hidden in his own constellation just beyond the attraction's loading area.
  • The fountain at Epcot Innoventions Plaza can shoot water 150 feet in the air -- within 30 feet of the top of Spaceship Earth. If all of the shooters were fired at once, there would be 2,000 gallons of water in the air.
  • The ride technology for the Soarin' attraction was based on an erector set model created by Walt Disney Imagineer Mark Sumner. One million pounds of steel provides the ride structure and 37 tons are lifted during each ride cycle.
  • It took more than 650 Walt Disney Imagineers more than 350,000 hours (the equivalent of 40 years of time) to develop Mission: SPACE. The Imagineers' efforts took place over a five-year period.
  • At Mission: SPACE, there are 13 quotes by space explorers and visionaries on the attraction's wall of honor. The most recent was added in September 2007 by teacher-turned-astronaut Barbara Morgan, reading "Reach for your dreams . . . the sky is no limit."
  • At nearly a mile long and reaching a top speed of 65 mph, Test Track is the longest and fastest ride at a Walt Disney World theme park.
  • The body of water at The Seas with Nemo & Friends provides a home to 3,000 fish and other sea creatures and contains 5.7 million gallons of water, one of the largest man-made ocean environments in the world.
  • More than 30 tons of fruits and vegetables grown at The Land pavilion each year are served in Walt Disney World restaurants.
  • The Land has a "tomato tree" that is the only one of its kind in the United States. The massive plant has produced a world-record harvest of more than 32,000 tomatoes from a single vine.
  • World Showcase promenade stretches 1.2 miles and World Showcase Lagoon spans 40 acres.
  • The gardens of Epcot are among the most extensive at Walt Disney World Resort. The themed landscapes are maintained year-round by a horticulture staff of more than 50.
  • At United Kingdom's Rose & Crown Pub & Dining Room in World Showcase, a specially designed ale warmer can heat your Guinness to 55 degrees, the temperature favored by Brits.
  • 26.2 miles of bratwurst are served every 60 days at the Biergarten restaurant in the Germany pavilion. That, by the way, is the length of a marathon.
  • The Eiffel Tower replica in the France pavilion is 103 feet tall.
  • The castle in Japan is a replica of the Shirasagi-Jo, a 17th century fortress overlooking the city of Himeji, known as one of the most well-preserved castles in Japan.
  • A Disney crew carried a 300-pound camera up 4,500 steps of the Huangshan Mountain in the Annui Province to film the Circle-Vision 360 film seen in the China pavilion.
  • From bonsai to roses, there's something for every gardening guru at the annual Epcot International Flower & Garden Festival. Disney horticulturists rotate the crops twice during the festival to keep the 30 million blossoms colorful and fresh.
  • Each year at the annual Epcot International Food & Wine Festival, more than 33,000 bottles of wine and champagne are uncorked, 1.2 million hors d'oeuvre plates are served and 100,000 miniature desserts are dished up.
  • More than 26,000 feet of lights outline the World Showcase pavilions for the "IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth" nightly fireworks show -- a string long enough to stretch across the Golden Gate Bridge more than six times.
  • Earth Globe is a 28-foot-diameter sphere on World Showcase Lagoon and the centerpiece of "IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth." The globe weighs 350,000 pounds and is wrapped in more than 180,000 Light Emitting Diodes arranged in the shape of Earth's continents.
  • Some 2,800 firework shells are used during each "IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth" show.
-30-​

brkgnews

Tick. :lookaroun Tock. :lookaroun Tick. :lookaroun Tock. :lookaroun Tick. :lookaroun Tock. :lookaroun

Is it Saturday morning at 6AM yet?

18 hours, 49 minutes, 5 seconds to go.

Tick. :lookaroun Tock. :lookaroun Tick. :lookaroun Tock. :lookaroun

jeffb

2 weeks ago i moved my flight from sunday AM to saturday afternoon. im missing the UA vs FSU game which i really wanted to see.... but the benefit is that i wake up in orlando and have a nice morning planned before the rope drop at MK.... not trying to rub it in or anything :D

You made the right the call with the flight change!

Haha, I keep saying to myself, why did I book a Saturday AM flight instead of one Friday night!

Atleast you have less than 24 hours to depart. Thanks again for putting together the Illuminations party.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I`ve begun packing.... YIPPEEE!!!

16 hours until we take off. I`ll have a LOT of video, but it`ll be towards the end of October before I`m back and have sifted through it all. I`ve one or two things planned for a good edit of RoE and the tag so I dare say that`ll be available first.

Hope to meet as many of you as possible :wave:

We`ve just Begun to Dream!!

Tiggerish

Resident Redhead
Premium Member
Still here, but instead of wishing I was flying out tomorrow, I am just grateful that I changed my arrival from Monday morning to Sunday afternoon!!

Believe it or not, I haven't even started packing yet. :eek:

Today will either be a very long day, or a very short one as I try to clear off my desk before taking off for a week of wining and dining at Epcot. Interesting how the high point of my vacation will be at the beginning!!

Eyorefan, we need a plan to meet up for our pin transaction...

SweetMagic

Oh Meyla Weyla
I actually know the answer to this...

John and Adam had decided to change the meet up location and time...
the History walk is still taking place, just starting 11:30 at Test track.
It was always intended as a History Walk of Future World East, but originally the meet up in Mexico at 11 would have allowed the group to walk past the odyssey restaurant and arrive at Test track...
They ultimately decided there was no reason for everyone in the group to walk all the way out to Mexico when the 1st main attraction to see was Test Track.

:)

Cool, thanks very much. That makes alot of sense.

EPCOT Explorer

16 hours until we take off. I`ll have a LOT of video, but it`ll be towards the end of October before I`m back and have sifted through it all. I`ve one or two things planned for a good edit of RoE and the tag so I dare say that`ll be available first.

Hey Marni,

If you can,plaese try to make the RoE tag widelly available so it's not just on MouseBits.Alot of us Mac user's can't use them.:)Google video would be great if possible.

Thanks,and have a great trip!

jeffb

Have a good flight. For some reason, I am envisioning a good number of anvil video cases being loaded into a 747 cargo hold with old WDW logos on them. :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom