Fun Fan get together for EPCOT's 25th on Oct 1st

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
Friday? I want it now! Can't he just go into the future and bring back all the pictures form the upcoming weekend!?:lol:
ever see Strange Days the movie... that would save me some money if i could sit in my living room and "live" the experience without actually leaving. but that would be the start of the end of social integration.

on that note, ill be there, LIVE!

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
ever see Strange Days the movie... that would save me some money if i could sit in my living room and "live" the experience without actually leaving. but that would be the start of the end of social integration.

on that note, ill be there, LIVE!
Strange days was a very cool movie. And like it real life, what does the really cool technology get used for...!:lol:

Tiggerish

Resident Redhead
Premium Member
Originally Posted by jasondiff
You might want to try Tutto Italia, since they just reopened I think they have more availability than most other places.
Pretty much. :lol: I called yesterday to rearrange my ADRs after the couple who was supposed to join us dropped out of the trip, so I am eating at Tutto Italia on Wednesday. :) FYI, it didn't seem to be wide open, I only had three or four times to choose from between 4:30 and 8pm. After 8pm, they had lots of availabilty, but we don't like to eat that late.

On Oct. 1, I have a 4:30 at Le Cellier--was it open in Oct. 1982? It would be neat if we could see the retro menus from each of the WS restaurants. Considering how many wdwmagic-ers will be there, it should be possible...so far, I've noticed San Angel Inn, Chefs de France, and I've got Le Cellier covered. Anyone else?

Originally Posted by GymLeaderPhil

Let's hope I can snag some last minute priority seatings tomorrow for the 1st...
Hey, don't worry--the Food & Wine Festival will have opened, and I can't think of a better way to spend the evening than grazing the booths!

Originally posted by Jekyll_Baker
I don't know if I'll have time the rest of this week to make another. I don't have a problem with sharing something that others may enjoy, so I have saved the graphics as 4 PDF files. You (and anyone else interested) can download them at http://savefile.com/projects/808541738

How generous of you! I absolutely love your shirt and may try to duplicate it.

Originally Posted by sillyspook13
* I'm looking for the EPCOT special promotion pin for my Celebration 25 lanyard. If I can't trade for it, I may need one of you who is planning to spend $35 on pins to help me out.

Is this a gift w/purchase, or a "qualify to buy"? Either way, if I spend $35 on pins, I'd be happy to help you out with this.

Originally posted by jmaxwell007
i think ill be the only one in here today and friday. that stinks.

I'll keep you company. :wave: I really should be doing some work, but I can't seem to drag myself away from this thread. :lol: Thankfully, I am the one who's in charge of monitoring web traffic :lookaroun

Eyorefan

Pretty much. :lol: I called yesterday to rearrange my ADRs after the couple who was supposed to join us dropped out of the trip, so I am eating at Tutto Italia on Wednesday. :) FYI, it didn't seem to be wide open, I only had three or four times to choose from between 4:30 and 8pm. After 8pm, they had lots of availabilty, but we don't like to eat that late.

On Oct. 1, I have a 4:30 at Le Cellier--was it open in Oct. 1982? It would be neat if we could see the retro menus from each of the WS restaurants. Considering how many wdwmagic-ers will be there, it should be possible...so far, I've noticed San Angel Inn, Chefs de France, and I've got Le Cellier covered. Anyone else?

We will be eating at Marrakesh at 6:00. It's one of those places I have always wanted to try, but never have. I hope it's good.

I am so excited about this trip, I can't believe I have to sit through 2 more days of work!

Figment82

On Oct. 1, I have a 4:30 at Le Cellier--was it open in Oct. 1982? It would be neat if we could see the retro menus from each of the WS restaurants.

Le Cellier was a 1982 original - but it used to be a buffeteria, so I am curious as to how that's going to work. Likewise, Oktoberfest was menu-service originally.

As a bit of trivia, Le Cellier was actually one of the very first food locations opened. Before Epcot welcomed its first guests, it was one of the cafeterias where cast members and construction workers could go to eat. Wish that was still true today! (mmm Cheese soup!)

Tiggerish

Resident Redhead
Premium Member
Originally posted by Figment82:
Le Cellier was a 1982 original - but it used to be a buffeteria, so I am curious as to how that's going to work. Likewise, Oktoberfest was menu-service originally.

AH-HA! Thanks for that. I knew that LeCellier as it is now was not original to 1982, but couldn't remember the details.

Disney_Freak429

Well I will be here today & the next until I leave on Sat. morning.

If I could afford to do a ADR I would but I am lucky to be making it at all.

I am a tad worried about the weather all I need is a downpour during either MNSSHP or Illuminations.

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy

As a bit of trivia, Le Cellier was actually one of the very first food locations opened. Before Epcot welcomed its first guests, it was one of the cafeterias where cast members and construction workers could go to eat. Wish that was still true today! (mmm Cheese soup!)

You're right, we swore off Le Cellier after experiencing the buffeteria, and for years couldn't understand why people were raving about it. Likewise we used to really enjoy Germany...but are less inclined to do it today.

I imagine it will be some token show....as they aren't going to close down Norway, China and ....now what was the third Morocco? as they either weren't there or didn't have a restaurant?

Just one more interesting curiosity we will have answered on Monday.

Tiggerish

Resident Redhead
Premium Member
Originally posted by DisneyFreak429
Well I will be here today & the next until I leave on Sat. morning.

If I could afford to do a ADR I would but I am lucky to be making it at all.

As the nutcase who has read every single post in this thread, may I say that I recognize and admire the lengths you have gone to, to be able to make it to Celebration 25. You are truly dedicated, and you live up to your screen name. :wave:

Epcotfan21

Quick question...So my brother and I are thinking about driving up from Ft. Lauderdale just for the day. Problem is he has a dentist appointment the morning of the 1st, so we wouldn't make it up to Epcot by early/mid afternoon. Do you think that it will be so crowded that they will have to start turning away people at the gates by afternoon time? I mean, I know it's going to be packed already, but is Epcot expecting maxium capacity? I would just hate to drive 3 1/2 hours, only to be turned away at the gates.

Figment82

Quick question...So my brother and I are thinking about driving up from Ft. Lauderdale just for the day. Problem is he has a dentist appointment the morning of the 1st, so we wouldn't make it up to Epcot by early/mid afternoon. Do you think that it will be so crowded that they will have to start turning away people at the gates by afternoon time? I mean, I know it's going to be packed already, but is Epcot expecting maxium capacity? I would just hate to drive 3 1/2 hours, only to be turned away at the gates.

There is NO way that Epcot is going to reach maximum capacity. That would take about 75,000-80,000 guests in the park for them to even consider closing (think New Years Eve level crowds). As a comparison, if I had to guess, they are only expecting maybe 25,000 guests on Monday. You will have absolutely no problem getting in.

Epcotfan21

There is NO way that Epcot is going to reach maximum capacity. That would take about 75,000-80,000 guests in the park for them to even consider closing (think New Years Eve level crowds). As a comparison, if I had to guess, they are only expecting maybe 25,000 guests on Monday. You will have absolutely no problem getting in.
Thanks, appreciate the help. Now if I can only think of a way to get the new shirts at MouseGears before they sell out!

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
Are you still planning on meeting up with Jenn for the Friday MNSSHP? Trying to get timing coordinated to get a picture of you two together if possible. Are you also targeting around 5:00?

I'm not doing the party until Sunday, but though I might time it to catch you two on the way in as I'm heading out.

Don't know if the logistics would work out, but it's worth a try.

Figment82

Are you still planning on meeting up with Jenn for the Friday MNSSHP? Trying to get timing coordinated to get a picture of you two together if possible. Are you also targeting around 5:00?

I'm not doing the party until Sunday, but though I might time it to catch you two on the way in as I'm heading out.

Don't know if the logistics would work out, but it's worth a try.

I haven't planned a specific time to meet up with Jenn, I think we were just going to keep an eye out for each other as the night went on.

I really wish I could give a more specific time as to when I'm planning on arriving, but I have to take care of some things during the day before I can get over to MK. I'm going to aim between 5-6, but unfortunately I can't pinpoint it any further than that. Sorry! :(

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom