Fun Fan get together for EPCOT's 25th on Oct 1st

HinunterZuNich

Hey!

So I'm now trying to finalize what I will be doing while I am at WDW starting this upcoming Saturday night (29th) until Tuesday afternoon (2nd)!!

~7pm (29th Saturday) ....arrive with no current plans.... maybe DD for Wolfgang Express?

Morning/Afternoon (30th Sunday) ..... nothing as of now, maybe explore parts of the resort I have never visited?

Night (30th Sunday) .... MNSSHP!!

ALL DAY (1st Monday) .... Epcot Center of course .... including Dessert Party!!

Morning/Afternoon (2nd Tuesday) .... Downtown Disney to buy some gifts and relax???

If anyone has any group plans outside of the parks for Saturday night or a meetup at MNSSHP planned on Sunday, please let me know!

EpcotServo

Nice article about our Event over at MousePlanet.com ( see "Epcot 25" news story).

It's rather flattering to see them note our Event as having a major effect on Disney's change of mind regarding the Anniversary. I also see they forgot to mention me when noting the "creators" of the Event.....du'oh!

:p
Yeah! I always note that too. I think our little event has since outgrown the first few people that came up with this!
:lol:

I still laugh thinking about the mental image I first had in my head of like 20 people hanging around the Fountain of Nations there talking about Epcot whilst managers walk by with confusion (Though I had high hopes, as said in my first post! well, guess thy weren't too high. Actully thery were LOW looking back!) Never thought that come October 1st, I'd be thinking, "How in the world am I gonna' find Jenn, Adam, and the first group of people I talked with in the HORD of Retro-Epcot shirts!"
:lol:

mousermerf

Account Suspended
I just thought of something..

Doing Epcot "all day" in the past usually meant a plethora of options to hang out in and relax during the lulls. The gallery space in Innoventions was empty and had benches, or Wonders of Life was open.. etc..

Not so much for October 1st. Where shall we relax and take naps?

CaptainMichael

I just thought of something..

Doing Epcot "all day" in the past usually meant a plethora of options to hang out in and relax during the lulls. The gallery space in Innoventions was empty and had benches, or Wonders of Life was open.. etc..

Not so much for October 1st. Where shall we relax and take naps?

Wonders of Life will be open for F&W. It's the "Welcome Center" of the Festival.

Also, UoE never disappoints for a good napping opportunity. International Gateway is also usually pretty tame.

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Yeah, but Wonders will have the wine bar, meaning Pure and Simple will probably be bustling with people (heaven forbid they serve ice cream, it'll goto heck in a handbag) and much of the interior was ripped out according to the permits.

brkgnews

Yup, totally agree also. It's not so much the shirt or pins, as it is checking all the menus, making sure to get the retro park map, and various other keepsakes. Plus fitting in Marty, and the group rides, and still having enough energy left to make it to the end of Illuminations! I would never dream of missing the Re-Dedication though, that's the #1 priority for the day!

Edit to add: I guess I could explain that I was in 4 car accidents last year and I have a hard time holding up physically anymore over long days with lots of walking. I'm used to taking it real slow when I visit a park, so my worry is based more on physically getting to everything and surviving!
You could always become one of those ECV tank commanders. :lol:

Nemo14

I just have to say, I've been following this thread and all the plans that have gone on, and I'm sooooo excited for all of you. I wish I could be there too, but it's just not financially possible this year. Epcot holds a very special place in my heart, and I'm so glad that so many of you share this passion and were able to make this celebration a reality. I can't wait to read all the trip reports.

Thanks to all of you for making the magic happen! :kiss:

jasondiff

Nice article about our Event over at MousePlanet.com ( see "Epcot 25" news story).

It's rather flattering to see them note our Event as having a major effect on Disney's change of mind regarding the Anniversary. I also see they forgot to mention me when noting the "creators" of the Event.....du'oh!

:p

Your name's up there now!

I am really looking forward to this but there's still one thing not set. Past posts of people who've registered have said how they got a confirmation e-mail after they signed up. I signed up the night of the 21st and haven't received any such e-mail. That's three days now and I am starting to get real worried. Maybe that's not required to get the nametag but I do not want to hear "sorry, we don't have you on record" when I go to the table Sunday morning. I cannot imagine anything worse than that, even bad weather. So someone please enlighten me about this because if I have to re-register, now is the time to tell me before it's too late. Thank you.

We haven't sent out confirmations since before the 21st, but there will be one more batch today or tomorrow. I always post when I send out a batch of confirmations so check back here for my post and if you still didn't get one then PM me.

Horizons1

I won't be joining you guys due to the time I'll be arriving, but I found out that I will be going to Epcot on the 1st afterall! I can't wait.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I`m getting prepared. Do you think this is overkill?

Attachments

• Ready to go 2007.jpg
    Ready to go 2007.jpg
    718.1 KB · Views: 77

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom