Fun Fan get together for EPCOT's 25th on Oct 1st

EPCOT.nut

As if I wasn`t getting into the spirit of things enough, I`ve mixed a new version of We`ve Just Begun to Dream, featuring the instrumental opening, chorus, both verses and finale. Over 7 minutes long as an MP3:

http://forums.wdwmagic.com/showthread.php?p=2504078#post2504078

Learn the words for Monday!!

WOW! Thanks for all your wonderful downloads!

Report - I finally got my Cafepress shirts and mug and they are fantastic! So much nicer than the retro EPCOT that WDW has come out with. I really like the design of the yellow EPCOT CENTER that they did - guess it is a re-release of an old one? But I feel sorry for the MEN that don't like yellow or black with pink writing. :lol:

EpcotServo

Good news! For those of you who can't come on October 1st, I'll be helping to Update you with the others as well! I set up something new on my UpdatePage that lets me send cell phone pictures DIRECTLY to my UpdatePage in just a few seconds! So remember to watch www.epcotservoupdate.blogspot.com for LIVE updates from me on the big day!
:D

jedimaster1227

WOW! Thanks for all your wonderful downloads!

Report - I finally got my Cafepress shirts and mug and they are fantastic! So much nicer than the retro EPCOT that WDW has come out with. I really like the design of the yellow EPCOT CENTER that they did - guess it is a re-release of an old one? But I feel sorry for the MEN that don't like yellow or black with pink writing. :lol:

Are you referring to the Celebration 25 merchandise? I recieved my second order today, and the quality is just as fantastic as the first. I bought over $300 worth of Celebration 25 stuff there over the last two weeks... :lookaroun

EPCOT.nut

/\ Yep, I got a black Celebration 25 shirt for DH, white tank for me, pink shirt for my sis. All of those with the Celebration 25 logo on it. Right now I am enjoying hot tea from my 25 Years of Creative Wonders mug. :D

Also I got the shirt with SSE (SirNim's design) like the original poster design. The silver on it looks amazing.

I think I will place one more Celebration 25 order this week but I need to check the finances. I love to eat so I need to make sure my grocery budget is not dipped into! :lol:

Eyorefan

Tiggerish - I'm right there with you. I keep going over in my head on how I'm going to get my AP pin and then at least one limited edition Epcot t-shirt . . . should I get the shirt first or the pin . . . decisions, decisions! :confused:

I think we are all in the same boat! I keep thinking of all the different ways to go about the day. There is so much to see and I'm afraid the crowd will be huge!

And Tiggerish --- I'm there too. In fact, last night I went back to the begining and started to read again from the top. It is awesome to be able to look back at how this got started all those months ago.

Jenn, Adam and Jason.... you are all amazing! :sohappy:

DisneyMarg

Figments Friend

Original Poster
I tried it too...and it just keeps recycling back to the download page. No music for me...guess i will have to wing it on Monday...

ADAM, i just sent you a PM. If you can respond by tomorrow night ( late) that would be great! I leave Thursday and need to collect some info from you!

Talk to you soon!

:wave:

brkgnews

Are you referring to the Celebration 25 merchandise? I recieved my second order today, and the quality is just as fantastic as the first. I bought over $300 worth of Celebration 25 stuff there over the last two weeks... :lookaroun
I'm glad to hear the quality is good. I always worry when I get into interlaced PNGs. They can be quite tempermental.

brkgnews

Ooooh! Some new (specific) info from Mouseplanet. (The bolding is from me)

In addition to the 10:01 a.m. ceremony—which echoes the park's original dedication ceremony—Epcot is installing a special exhibit in the south corridor of Innoventions West near the character greeting location, distributing commemorative buttons to all park guests, and adding a special ending tag for the evening's showing of Illuminations. The tag will feature well-known Epcot music and the voice of Walt Disney, most likely from "The Epcot Film," and will include perhaps as many shells in the closing seconds as the show's entire holiday tag.

"Retro" guidebooks, menus and other souvenirs will also be involved in the event. The Innoventions exhibit will be in place through at least the end of the year; we'll bring you photos from the exhibit in the October 8 Park Update.

Also, park guests will have the opportunity to chat with Imagineering Ambassador Marty Sklar in the Circle of Life Theater inside The Land pavilion, though seating will be limited. World Showcase restaurants will also get into the act, providing menus reminiscent of the original 1982 menus.

Disney_Freak429

My head hurts from all this info.

I REALLY hope there is only one LE shirt because I need to have cash to eat.

Besides going insane makeing sure I have what I need I am sooo excited.

SweetMagic

Oh Meyla Weyla
Yikes! I think I just evolved from excitement to terror :eek: With all this new info emerging I'm afraid I'm gonna be all stressed out trying to see/do/get everything...

*taking deep breath, taking deep breath*

great, now I'm dizzy :dazzle:

Figments Friend

Original Poster
It has been reported that there is to only be ONE shirt. It will be a limited edition of 1,982 and have a 25th Anniversary design on it. Word is it looks VERY nice....and it will be released October 1st. This will be the ONLY shirt directly connected to the Park's 25th. The other recent Retro shirts will also be availible...they stocked up ahead of time knowing we were coming! LOL! So there should be plently of stuff around to suit every taste.

Hope i am able to grab one ( or two..)

I hope folks attending don't become stressed out and worried about getting/seeing everything that day. Personally i feel that material things should always come behind a once in a lifetime experience and I would rather insure a good spot at the Re-Dedication ( unless Staff have there "own spots" already?) then shop at Mouse Gear first thing in the morning. There are always ways of getting 25th Merch after the day if need be...but you can NEVER return to that day and time to enjoy the Re-Dedication. I am going to try and not get distracted and wander off to buy things. If i am ment to have something, it will still be availible on the shelf/hook when i finally get around to picking some things up.

That is the thought, anyway.

GymLeaderPhil

I totally agree with your priorities.

As of now I have four shirts from Epcot, two hats, and countless other trinkets collected over the years (not mentioning other Disney properties.) What's one more when you can say you attended a rededication of the park itself? No t-shirt, pin, trophy, or award will ever replace that feeling. :wave:

Figments Friend

Original Poster
Nice article about our Event over at MousePlanet.com ( see "Epcot 25" news story).

It's rather flattering to see them note our Event as having a major effect on Disney's change of mind regarding the Anniversary. I also see they forgot to mention me when noting the "creators" of the Event.....du'oh!

:p

SweetMagic

Oh Meyla Weyla
Yup, totally agree also. It's not so much the shirt or pins, as it is checking all the menus, making sure to get the retro park map, and various other keepsakes. Plus fitting in Marty, and the group rides, and still having enough energy left to make it to the end of Illuminations! I would never dream of missing the Re-Dedication though, that's the #1 priority for the day!

Edit to add: I guess I could explain that I was in 4 car accidents last year and I have a hard time holding up physically anymore over long days with lots of walking. I'm used to taking it real slow when I visit a park, so my worry is based more on physically getting to everything and surviving!

Retrorides

I am really looking forward to this but there's still one thing not set. Past posts of people who've registered have said how they got a confirmation e-mail after they signed up. I signed up the night of the 21st and haven't received any such e-mail. That's three days now and I am starting to get real worried. Maybe that's not required to get the nametag but I do not want to hear "sorry, we don't have you on record" when I go to the table Sunday morning. I cannot imagine anything worse than that, even bad weather. So someone please enlighten me about this because if I have to re-register, now is the time to tell me before it's too late. Thank you.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom