Fun Fan get together for EPCOT's 25th on Oct 1st

ZapperZ

^^^ I believe we are going to have a seperate topic for everyone at the event to post updates while at the event. This way they are all in one topic for those who can't make it.

I am sure Adam,Jen,or Jason will start the topic right before the events start taking place right guys.;)

I'm perfectly fine with that. Just thought it would be nice if the trip report this time is more of a corporative effort so that we get as wide of a coverage for the event as possible.

On further thought, a separate thread would be a very good idea indeed. That way, it can easily be linked to without having someone wade through all the post in this thread.

Zz.

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
Borrowing 2 big cases this weekend, with enough clothes for the first 2 to 3 days. I plan on paying for excess weight on the return.

I`ve had the packing list (and schedule!) done for weeks :D

BTW; Joel - we arrive on the 29th :wave:
cool, i do too. in case you are in the freebie DTD area, that is were ill be for a bit to soak up some atmosphere.

jedimaster1227

Does everyone who registered for the Celebration 25 still need to show up and get a wristband, or since Disney seems to have reopened the rededication to everyone are they not neccessary?

I guess my question is - what purpose are the wristbands serving?

As Jason said, the wristbands are purely for the dessert party. The name badges (provided by Lou Mongello) are what distinguish you as a member of our group. If you don't have that, we can't allow you to join us in any of our tours or group photo(s). Mainly, those name badges are the things allowing you to congregate with our group around the pavilions without Disney asking us to disperse.

Adam my imagination is so active I just did a bit of this :cry: I admit it.

I can only wait & wonder what may happen at the party that night.

I just hope I don't do a ton more of this :cry: that night when I find out.

I am going for more of this :eek::sohappy: (hopefully).:animwink:

It should be a truly great moment in history! Since I can't say this without giving up some information, I am just going to give you all some instructions...
  1. If you are attending the Illuminations Dessert Party, you will not need to register for Marty Sklar's session.
  2. If you are attending our Illuminations Dessert Party, you automatically have a seat reserved for one of the two sessions during the day (one after our group photo and one tentatively around 4:30 p.m.).
  3. These are free tickets, but they are a gift from my *source* within the company. He feels very strongly about thanking our group for our dedication, and in feeling so strongly, felt strongly about giving something back to us.
  4. To my best understanding, you will be able to ask Marty questions during his sessions.
  5. Only confirmed attendees with wristbands for our dessert party will recieve their tickets. No additional members of your party not attending the dessert party will be given tickets. We have been given only enough to cover those attending our dessert party, so unfortunately, those not attending need to register for the sessions on their own to attend.
Hope that clears up some of the confusion. Mind you, that is just one part of the bigger surprise. There is still more to it all! :animwink:

Another question:

What "activities" will there be? Everything happens in the park, you cant deny people access to American Adventure or anything - so what group only activities are we talking about?

Edit to add: I guess i'm not seeing the point of having people "register" to attend anymore if nothing exclusive is planned and everything is for dessert-party-only.

Our history walks, group photo(s) and any last minute group perks (there are still a few in the works, even a week+ away) are still exclusive to our group.

Oooooo......now you have my curiousity riled...!

( probably won't be able to sleep tonight.....like i have been able to now for the past week or so....)

:lol:

Hope the above message covers most of it for you! (If you have any more questions, email or PM me and I'll answer any questions you have-except those pertaining to my last few surprises...)

I got email to check out this thread before I`d logged on to WDWMagic today; reading between the lines, you`ve pulled a blinder. As much as I want to ask `who and what` I`ll let you tell us about C25 and the buffet when the time is right - I was right in my hunch the 1st will not resemble any part of a normal day at the park - and I`m so glad, no honoured, Michelle and I are taking part.

I'm humbled to have you joining us! I hope you realize how many times I have mentioned you in my interviews... "There is even one internet-documentary maker that is flying in from the UK to join us. His work is just incredible!" I said that quite a few times so far!

I just had a thought. I was planning on doing an on-going trip report the way I normally do when I'm on one of these trips. Normally, I would post in the Trip Report forum (of course). However, since many of us will be there, and I'm guessing, many more who could not make it would want to at least follow all the festivities, should I and others post our trip report on anything related to the Epcot's 25th Celebration in this thread? Would the moderators mind if they're posted here?

Zz.

I believe we might have to make another thread just to make sure that we don't bust this thread at the seams. But, we'll probably decide about that next week (by Friday at the latest) to decide how to best handle this...

Well... I've got a little bit of saddening news (but nothing too harmful to our event). After sorting our roster to look at our updated VIP list, I found quite a few extra duplicate registrations... After removing them, we have gone back to 1115 attendees... But considering the fact that we originally were happy with 200, I think we can manage! :D

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
J, on the 29th we`re heading right out to the MK - the new HM beakons, and I`ve waited 4 years to see Wishes!

Jedi - the feeling is mutual :wave:

elpack

Just wanted to say a quick thanks again to everyone that planned this event. All my bags are packed, I'm ready to go.... I have an ADR tomorrow at 2:50pm to keep at the Magic Kingdom.
As much as I can't wait for Oct 1st -- I do hope it's very slow to come because it's the day before I leave :lookaroun

See you all soon!

Figment82

Adam, I don't know if you can answer this - but I just have a quick question:

In regards to the *absolutely fabulous* special talks with Marty for Dessert party-attendees, just how much time would we potentially have in between the group photo and the first talk?

I have ressies for Chefs de France at noon and am just trying to plan out my afternoon. Of course, I am more than willing to cancel if it means getting to see Marty talk in person, I'm just curious. But again, if you can't, or aren't able to, answer this - it's not a big deal. (I'm also wondering when I'll have a chance to go buy the cool merchandise)

jedimaster1227

Adam, do you have any idea how we go about registering for Marty Sklar's session once we get into the park that day or before hand if we don't have a AP?

If you are attending the dessert party, you don't need to be an AP or Cast Member. Any attendee of the dessert party is to be given a ticket.

If you are not going to the dessert party, then you must sign up on the AP website (if you are not AP, then you cannot go) when their form opens up. The event is very small, and seats are limited. The event is taking place in the Circle of Life theater, so you can guess what I mean.

Figment82

They better open it up soon. Heads will roll if they don't open up the sign-up before I leave.
:mad: :eek:

My mom got an email back from Disney that said all she needed to do was show her AP and a photo ID, and no "E-ticket" - but take that for what you will. Since we'll be attending the Dessert party, we're no longer going to look into getting her an AP ticket, but hopefully it'll work out for you!

CThaddeus

Oh no... what ever will we do without Circle of Life...

:rolleyes: :)

I do actually like it - more than say, Soarin' or Test Track - but will just have to see it another day. Call me crazy, but I usually end up seeing it two or three times every trip because I find it more in keeping with EPCOT than the aforementioned Soarin' or Test Track. I'm just curious why they couldn't have set it up in The Odyssey or Millenium Village. Plenty of space being wasted there. For the chance to sit in a lecture with Marty Sklar, though, I'll be okay with missing a day of Circle of Life.

Disney_Freak429

Thanks Adam I just wasn't sure if I needed to go over there before the event to "register" or something. Of coarse I will make sure to be early there is no way I will miss out on this.

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
I do actually like it - more than say, Soarin' or Test Track - but will just have to see it another day. Call me crazy, but I usually end up seeing it two or three times every trip because I find it more in keeping with EPCOT than the aforementioned Soarin' or Test Track. I'm just curious why they couldn't have set it up in The Odyssey or Millenium Village. Plenty of space being wasted there. For the chance to sit in a lecture with Marty Sklar, though, I'll be okay with missing a day of Circle of Life.

Thats all being used for Food and Wine Festival

brkgnews

J, on the 29th we`re heading right out to the MK - the new HM beakons, and I`ve waited 4 years to see Wishes!

Jedi - the feeling is mutual :wave:
Ahhh... I may run into you there. I drive in on the 29th, and usually end up hitting MK around 4PM or so in order to catch Spectro, Wishes (and in this case, the new HM!)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom