Fun Fan get together for EPCOT's 25th on Oct 1st

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
This is a good point to note for everyone, if you can get there Sunday morning to register, it will be better for both you and for us behind the table!!
Thinking about it, it may be possible for us to swing by Epcot on the Sunday on the way to the MK to register. We`d be passing on World Drive anyhow. It`ll be almost impossible to leave straight away, looking at a wandless SSE just behind the turnstyles, but I guess it`ll be worth it come Monday morning. And It`ll be hard to meet you guys at the table for only a few minutes before we race over to the MK.

One question; does the Epcot parking fee allow `car hopping` at the MK toll plaza; or rather will showing the Epcot toll reciept at the MK plaza mean we don`t pay at the MK plaza half an hour later? $11 isn`t an awful lot but if we don`t have to pay twice, all the better.

Lee

Adventurer
One question; does the Epcot parking fee allow `car hopping` at the MK toll plaza; or rather will showing the Epcot toll reciept at the MK plaza mean we don`t pay at the MK plaza half an hour later? $11 isn`t an awful lot but if we don`t have to pay twice, all the better.

Yep.
Paying at Epcot will cover you for the rest of the day at any park.
Or, it would be easier just to park at one and monorail over to the other.

EPCOT.nut

If I recieved your email, I have updated the roster to include him. If you want to PM me with the name of your party, I can double check for you!

I sent you a PM Friday with an addition - can you please check on mine also? I'm nervous to get there and have my addition be turned down! :eek:

PS - Soooo excited! My sis and I went to EPCOT yesterday to get our passes and score some of the retro shirts. They have a black shirt with EPCOT CENTER repeating across the chest - it is really great!

I mentioned Celebration 25 to some of the CMs and got some blank looks! :lol:
But everyone I talked to was excited about the 25th birthday and quite a few were asked to work it - and they also were going to have their family there on that day. Isn't that cool? :)

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
J, on the 29th we`re heading right out to the MK - the new HM beakons, and I`ve waited 4 years to see Wishes!
hmmm, i wish i could but adding a day to the ole' parkhopper for just a few hours isnt in the budget. i guess ill do DTD for a bit.

Yep.
Paying at Epcot will cover you for the rest of the day at any park.
Or, it would be easier just to park at one and monorail over to the other.
now that sounds like a plan. id rather come in on that morning for early registration and do that. granted, masteryoda and i would have to give up something we were doing on the agenda that morning... so we might pass, but just incase, does the monorail follow the bus schedule (running 1 hour prior to park opening)

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Thinking about it, it may be possible for us to swing by Epcot on the Sunday on the way to the MK to register. We`d be passing on World Drive anyhow. It`ll be almost impossible to leave straight away, looking at a wandless SSE just behind the turnstyles, but I guess it`ll be worth it come Monday morning. And It`ll be hard to meet you guys at the table for only a few minutes before we race over to the MK.

Park - Register - Ride Monorail

That way you'll get to ride through Epcot and see everything from above as a preview for the next day just before you go home :)

imamouse

Park - Register - Ride Monorail

That way you'll get to ride through Epcot and see everything from above as a preview for the next day just before you go home :)

Not exactly - the monorail only loops through FutureWorld on the way into Epcot - not going from Epcot to MK. To do that, the order would be: Park (TTC)- Ride Monorail - Register - Ride Monorail again.

RHeath2

I think my family and I will do the same thing. Except we're spending Saturday at the MK and doing DAK and DS on Sunday. Depending on how that goes (as DS seems to be "boring" for lack of a better word), we may wander over back to the MK.

Disney_Freak429

Well I will be at EPCOT as soon as I can wake myself up on Sunday since I am thinking about going to DTD & poss. AC the night before. Sunday should be a blast too bad I am missing the Soarin' ride because after the history walks I am rushing over to MK for MNSSHP.

Adam, also I was wondering with Marty's 2nd talk around 4pm is our AA show together going to be moved back at all so everyone who goes to the 2nd talk will still get to see AA with us?

jedimaster1227

Adam, also I was wondering with Marty's 2nd talk around 4pm is our AA show together going to be moved back at all so everyone who goes to the 2nd talk will still get to see AA with us?

With the sessions currently set to last about 30 minutes, they shouldn't interfere with our other meets. My recommendation though, the first to come to our registration table will be the first to recieve their tickets. Come as soon as you can and we can see what we can work out if you are worried about interference in your schedule. :wave:

Disney_Freak429

With the sessions currently set to last about 30 minutes, they shouldn't interfere with our other meets. My recommendation though, the first to come to our registration table will be the first to recieve their tickets. Come as soon as you can and we can see what we can work out if you are worried about interference in your schedule. :wave:

Well I fully planned on being at the first (which I am gussing around 11:30am or noon?) right after the group photo. I was just making sure there would be time for everyone to get from the second session to AA in time.

FYI on http://www.myxertones.com/ I am uploading EPCOT ringtones for your downloading pleasure. All you have to do to find them is search "Disney_Freak429" I will continue to add more until I am done tonight sometime.

KevinPage

Alright, consider me confused about this whole Marty Syklar thing.

I'm not going to the Dessert Party, so I can't go to the walkaround/Q&A ?

Besides checking in on either Sunday/Monday, what else do I have to do ? (to be part of the Marty thing)

Disney_Freak429

Alright, consider me confused about this whole Marty Syklar thing.

I'm not going to the Dessert Party, so I can't go to the walkaround/Q&A ?

Besides checking in on either Sunday/Monday, what else do I have to do ? (to be part of the Marty thing)

Let me try to help you out.

Marty is doing two Q/A sessions during the day. (one at around noon the other around 4pm)

ONLY CMs,AP holders, or people going to the Dessert Party will be allowed to go.

All you need to go is the same wrist band that you will use to enter the Dessert Party nothing else.

I think that covers it.

EPCOT.nut

All you need to go is the same wrist band that you will use to enter the Dessert Party nothing else.

For the Dessert Party folks: I thought we might be getting a separate ticket at registration to get to see Mr. Sklar.

I have to cancel my lunch ressies because of all the activities going on! Thankfully we have the food & wine festival happening.

Funny how I am all over WDWmagic and I goofed and thought the F&W was going on yesterday. I arrived HUNGRY to EPCOT but it does not start until Thursday. :eek: DUH!

KevinPage

But neither KP nor I are in the dessert party - what do we need to do?

I logged into the Passholder website and it had a link about the Q&A, but it just stated you need to show your pass, nothing about times/location/availability/etc.

I remember someone stating that you had to log onto the WDW Passholder site to register, but there isn't anything there toregister for besides this blurb:

Gather together during this special day at Epcot® as we celebrate 25 years of exploring the wonders of the world and beyond through exhilarating rides, fabulous food and dazzling, interactive entertainment!

Passholders are invited to join the backstage magic with Disney Cast Members when Disney Legend, Marty Sklar, takes everyone on an inspiring stroll down memory lane. A Disney employee since 1955 and dubbed the official Imagineering Ambassador, Marty has been putting smiles on the faces of kids and parents alike for nearly 50 years. Come hear his captivating stories of Disney history and enjoy his unique perspective on the magical future of Walt Disney World® Resort.

For admittance to this special event, you will need to show your pass and a photo ID.

EPCOT.nut

/\ Yeah - and I checked the passholder calendar and it is still empty like it has been for the last 2 years..or maybe more...:ROFLOL:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom