frustratingly vague MK rumor...

CRJpilot

Ok not to sound crappy or anything, the day Disney opens a Harry Potter attraction is the day I start going to Universal Studios instead. I hate Harry Potter with a passion, I wish JK Rowling would just dissapear! A thrill ride would be very cool though....did I not mention this exact thing on another thread...ehh huh.

Captain Hank

Didn't the draining of the lagoon pretty much rule out anything to do with water? Just a hunch.

Not necessarily. It could have been that the lagoon bottom was starting to deteriorate. Maybe the "higher powers" want the water area to be further back in the park. If, in fact, this turns out to be true, of course. I really wish that Disney would create more of the E-level rides that can be enjoyed by the whole family, like HM and POTC as previously mentioned.

On a side note, does Journey to the Center of the Earth from Tokyo Disney Seas have any water effects or a height requirement? Could we be seeing Mt. Prometheus in our future?

CaptainMichael

Why so much anger towards J.K. Rowling?? The woman is a creative genious and Harry Potter is how she makes her money. At least recognize that even if you don't care for Harry Potter that many people do and that is what matters.

AdLibSean

hcwalker16 said:
On a side note, does Journey to the Center of the Earth from Tokyo Disney Seas have any water effects or a height requirement? Could we be seeing Mt. Prometheus in our future?

Though it's been discussed before somewhere on the boards, the placement of a mountain right behind the castle would be all wrong for sightlines. It would just be too big and take away from the castle as the central focus. Plus, as it was mentioned earlier in the thread- we're already getting a mountain at AK. So I'd say no to Mt. Prometheus.

CaptainMichael

I don't know, most castles have mountains nearby, but I don't think the Magic Kingdom's mountain range will be expanding, though I could be wrong.

ToTBellHop

It does sound vaguely like the Matterhorn to me, which does fit in Fantasyland (it works well at Disneyland) and has a height requirement (only 35"). It would require a story change though...can't have two mountains featuring the abominable snowman/yeti. I just wish they would for once allow Disneyland to have a ride that isn't sent elsewhere...there are a lot of other E-Ride possibilities that have been discussed for this area, though, such as the very old Bald Mountain rumor. I would love a new mountain, though!

I agree, one E-ticket is better than 2 D-tickets. But what I don't understand is why Disney(Eisner, specifically) would put a thrill ride in Fantasyland? Hopefully, this E-ticket will turn out to be more along the lines of HM and POTC, so although there is a height restriction it can be enjoyed by most of the family

SirNim

Tenny317 said:
Maybe we should ask J.K. Rowling if she has any deals with Disney...I don't know just a thought...
For the record, I've searched and searched, high and low, in the United States Patent and Trademark Office website records and I cannot for the life of me find the word mark "Harry Potter" trademarked for use as an attraction or service in any "amusement park" setting... If that means anything. The name is registered for just about everything else - movies, clothing, cheap novelty goods, lollipops, electronics, et cetera - but not for any "amusement park" attraction, good, or service.

Search for yourself - http://www.uspto.gov/

imagineersrock

thanks for the insight!

[scoop, lee, and sirnim]

I agree, that a major e-ticket would be fantastic.... and also agree with those who have said they don't see another mountain coming to MK... not any time soon at least, not with Everest on its way.

anyway, can anyone think of any non-mountain major e-ticket rides that would be appropriate for this area, and make full use of the full amount of land it sits on?

could another possibility be to make it part of tomorrowland, or part of a toontown fair overhaul, if you don't think Fantasyland would be appropriate?

SirGoofy

I would love to see Journey Into... come to the MK. It looks amazing, and I have a thought about how it could bedone. Who says it has to be encased by a volcano? Why cant it actually go underground? The lagoon could be themed like a giant crater, and the ride would be unde it? Yea it would probably be supper expensive, but it would be cool.

StevenT

imagineersrock said:
could another possibility be to make it part of tomorrowland, or part of a toontown fair overhaul, if you don't think Fantasyland would be appropriate?
I'd say most certainly. The lagoon and show building sit on the very edge of fantasy land. You have to remember that when they decide to build they can do anything they want with the land. Therefore they could put the entrance to the attraction in toontown. I don't think they could get away with it being tomorrowland, because the entrance wouldn't be able to get around the Mad Tea Party, which is of course Fantasyland.

I'd personally like to see an expansion on Alice in Wonderland in an E-ticket that can be enjoyed by most of the family like PoTC.

Mr Disney

In the Parks
Yes
StevenT said:
I'd say most certainly. The lagoon and show building sit on the very edge of fantasy land. You have to remember that when they decide to build they can do anything they want with the land. Therefore they could put the entrance to the attraction in toontown. I don't think they could get away with it being tomorrowland, because the entrance wouldn't be able to get around the Mad Tea Party, which is of course Fantasyland.

I'd personally like to see an expansion on Alice in Wonderland in an E-ticket that can be enjoyed by most of the family like PoTC.
Like a lot of people on here are saying, POTC and HM are both considered to be "E-Ticket" attractions. I personally would love to see an E-Ticket like them. Who knows. I know that Disney will surprise us yet again with an awesome attraction :)

SirNim

Mr Disney said:
Like a lot of people on here are saying, POTC and HM are both considered to be "E-Ticket" attractions. I personally would love to see an E-Ticket like them. Who knows. I know that Disney will surprise us yet again with an awesome attraction :)
It would be pleasantly refreshing if Disney could build (an) attraction(s) in the vein of POTC and HM again... :) indeed...

Tenny317

I don't think there will be another mountain ride going up 20K......It would distract u from the main focus of the park which is the castle.....It would be a huge mistake to distract people from that....

OK....I think somebody should write or email the Harry Potter camp to see what's going on...I think she would be more forward with things than Disney wouold.....And if Harry does come to the parks why are people have panic attacks about it...I think Harry would be a fun addition to the park....alot of younger and older people would be so excited...I'm 19 and am in love with harry potter....And to say that you won't go to disney bc of harry potter is silly becausew why are you abondoning the place you love just bc of one thing....if you had a problem with it just don't ride it...but don't abandon the place you adore bc of one thing....thats silly....Sorry i'm not tryin to make this into a harry potter thread...so that was a bit off track...

I think a good e-ticket ride would be good...something for everybody to enjoy....I was kinda upset with the newest addition to fantasyland which is Pooh....I was a bit dissappointed with the ride...it was very anticlimatic....anywho my two cents

nibblesandbits

Tenny317 said:
OK....I think somebody should write or email the Harry Potter camp to see what's going on...I think she would be more forward with things than Disney wouold.....And if Harry does come to the parks why are people have panic attacks about it...I think Harry would be a fun addition to the park....alot of younger and older people would be so excited...I'm 19 and am in love with harry potter....And to say that you won't go to disney bc of harry potter is silly becausew why are you abondoning the place you love just bc of one thing....if you had a problem with it just don't ride it...but don't abandon the place you adore bc of one thing....thats silly....Sorry i'm not tryin to make this into a harry potter thread...so that was a bit off track...

I agree. I don't understand why you must all dog the thought of a Harry Potter ride. (Even though I don't see it happening, but still.) I thought the same thing at first actually. But that was BEFORE I read any of the books. Now that I've read them, I understand why it would be a great addition to Fantasyland. But as I believe Grizz has pointed out previously, Harry Potter doesn't "appear" to be coming to Disney. I do agree with a lot of you though because I also believe that it should be a Disney related ride that is built in that area, but I wouldn't be horribly upset (i.e. boycott the park) if it were a Harry Potter ride. Sorry if I got distracted also. I don't want this to be a Harry Potter thread either. There are plenty of those around here. (gets off soapbox)

I also don't believe that it will be the Matterhorn because in one of those Travel Channel specials I think I remember them saying something about how there was only going to be one Matterhorn ever. Any body else remember that, or is that just me?

What I do hope is that it will be a fun family ride that will also be interesting enough for people like me who don't have children, because when I go to Disney I go to enjoy the rides.

PhotoDave219

Harry Potter has no place in the Magic Kingdom. In the Studios, yes, because its a movie franchise.

But to ruin the Magic Kingdom, the place where dreams come true? Oh heck no....

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom