frustratingly vague MK rumor...

Hobnail Boot

Is their any hope for a refgerbishment of Fantasy land to add an eruropean overlay on the buildings instead of the Mideaval fair...
Amen to that. WDW's Fantasyland looks so cheap compared to the other Fantasylands. I'm all for a refurbishment.

I personally would also love to see Pinocchio's Daring Journey or Alice in Wonderland at WDW, but I also realize that such a large piece of land is hard to come by at the Magic Kingdom. I think that Imagineering should use this opportunity to completely wow us with a brand new attraction, rather it be two D-tickets or an E-ticket.

Just my opinion.

stitch131313

CRJpilot said:
Ok not to sound crappy or anything, the day Disney opens a Harry Potter attraction is the day I start going to Universal Studios instead. I hate Harry Potter with a passion, I wish JK Rowling would just dissapear! A thrill ride would be very cool though....did I not mention this exact thing on another thread...ehh huh.

What's wrong with Harry Potter?
I don't think he should be in the Magic Kingdom, but if they are going to do a Potter ride, put it in MGM.

AviMM

General Grizz said:
I wish it were a family attraction (as it is Fantasyland), but I may change my mind if this rumored attraction is beneficial.

If it's Harry Potter, I'm ready to march over to Burbank and topple down the Eisner statues.

What's wrong with Harry Potter?

General Grizz

(Harry Potter was already recreated in its own unDisneyesque spirit by Warner Brothers from a book. . . so an attraction based on the BOOK - not movie - would be more tolerable. Otherwise, it's like putting Bugs Bunny Dark Rides in Fantasyland, AviMM :wave: )

Legacy

tigger248 said:
Stupid question, is bald mountain the villains coaster?

If so, then I agree and hope bald mountain gets built. I love the villains and I have since I was a kid. It was weird, they were always among my favorites because their evil plans were always so stupid! :lol:
It's not a stupid question, a lot of people don't know about the rumor.

It's not exactly a villians 'coaster' in the sense that it is just coaster mechanics. The ride was to have a water-coaster type system much like SeaWorld's Journey to Atlantis. It would be themed to the Disney Villians, with a drop underneath a large audio-animatronic of Chernabog from Fantasia.

I've been dreaming of this ride for about five years. Finally, it may be becoming reality.

AdLibSean

RCT2 Imagineer said:
Amen to that. WDW's Fantasyland looks so cheap compared to the other Fantasylands. I'm all for a refurbishment.

I personally would also love to see Pinocchio's Daring Journey or Alice in Wonderland at WDW, but I also realize that such a large piece of land is hard to come by at the Magic Kingdom. I think that Imagineering should use this opportunity to completely wow us with a brand new attraction, rather it be two D-tickets or an E-ticket.

Just my opinion.

I think Fantasyland has a nice balance of the fair, and European village. Plus, the whole land is kind of like an extension of the castle. I think you can notice this around Small World and down towards Pooh. I would absolutely LOVE if they brought Alice and Pinocchio to WDW. Though not likely, it would be a wonderful addition to Fantasyland.

AEfx

Legacy said:

It's not exactly a villians 'coaster' in the sense that it is just coaster mechanics. The ride was to have a water-coaster type system much like SeaWorld's Journey to Atlantis. It would be themed to the Disney Villians, with a drop underneath a large audio-animatronic of Chernabog from Fantasia.

I've been dreaming of this ride for about five years. Finally, it may be becoming reality.

Wow, that sounds amazing.

I just have a hard time believing they are going to get themselves into another huge animatronic attraction, especially since they have been destroying so many over at Epcot. They seem to have a hard enough time getting Splash Mountain working.

That said, Disney is woefully short on water-rides (not counting non-"thrill" rides like @ The Land, The Malestrom, or PotC). Although people complain a lot about getting wet at the parks, I really don't mind it - actually find it quite refreshing.

What I wouldn't do for a new dark ride - do you have any links to old rumors about this? I'd love to read anything I can.

AEfx

AEfx

AdLibSean said:
I think Fantasyland has a nice balance of the fair, and European village. Plus, the whole land is kind of like an extension of the castle. I think you can notice this around Small World and down towards Pooh. I would absolutely LOVE if they brought Alice and Pinocchio to WDW. Though not likely, it would be a wonderful addition to Fantasyland.

Yes, again, have to voice support - Alice and Pinocchio would be so, so cool.

As to the medival fair stuff, it's not as noticable today - but it used to look pretty dank from the Skyway - just a bunch of metal-warehouse looking buildings in Fantasyland. I'd welcome a rehab of the buildings - but again, it's not as noticable from normal walking vistas as it is overhead so we don't have to worry about that much anymore with Skyway gone.

AEfx

tigger248

Legacy said:

Ooh that sounds amazing! I really hope that gets built. Atlantis was cool, but Disney animatronics inside would be better.

twirl2378

I wonder why the higher powers can't make one of those D-rides they had plans for could be placed in maybe Toonland. :confused: This place needs more than a little remodeling of the train station to bring back people to this land. I agree with wonder what those 2 D- rides were going to be about? I can't wait to see what they do to the 20k spot! :sohappy:

brkgnews

Just my thoughts on what would be a neat ride for this area... remember the wild ride on Evinrude on The Rescuers? Wouldn't that make a neat coaster-type ride? About as "wild" as the Barnstormer -- just neat enough for the kids to enjoy it. You've already got the "swamp" for Evinrude to fly through. That would allow for water effects (splashing, or crocodiles spitting water at you, or something bonkers like that). Evinrude-shaped cars on the tracks. sudden run-ins with the villain (think Test Track's 18-wheeler hopping out at you), all that good stuff. it would also fit in with several of the more-classic Disney rides in the area. And, with substantial "groundcover growth" around the swamp/lagoon, not much of the attraction would have to be visible to the outside, and you'd essentially be hidden from the outside world (so you'd feel like you were in the swamp). Just my two cents.

Vernonpush

Since the area is between Fantasyland and Toon Town, what about just one D-ride for each Land? One for Fantasyland, one for Toon Town (maybe give Mickey his own ride finally) and a path for better access to Toon Town?

TheDisneyGirl02

AEfx said:
Well, if it were up to me I'd bring ALICE and PINOCCHIO over to WDW where they belong, in souped up versions, of course.

I like that idea! I was only 7 when I was at out DL, but I loved the Alice ride!

I have nothing against HP, but I agree with those who say it doesn't belong in MK. When I think of MK, I do think magic, but a different kind than what HP does.

TheDisneyGirl02 :)

niteobsrvr

TheDisneyGirl02 said:
I like that idea! I was only 7 when I was at out DL, but I loved the Alice ride!

I have nothing against HP, but I agree with those who say it doesn't belong in MK. When I think of MK, I do think magic, but a different kind than what HP does.

TheDisneyGirl02 :)

I just have one question. If they don't know what is going in the space being created by 20K, why are they also building a retention pond in the woods on the other side of ToonTown. Is it just to catch the run off from the newly vacated area as required by environmental laws or do they really have a good idea what is going to go in the empty space?

NemoRocks78

Seized
Premium Member
Legacy said:
with a drop underneath a large audio-animatronic of Chernabog from Fantasia.

And they say Universal copies Disney attractions...... :rolleyes: :lol:

I, honestly, would hate to see another water attraction in MK. Splash is already there, so why the need for another? I think a dark ride/coaster combination would be a great addition (even though that title belongs to Revenge of the Mummy) though. They can really do a lot with that type of attraction.

(I'm still rooting for a Toontown Fair dark ride, that land needs a LOT of help. I still don't know why they didn't go with just Toontown.)

yensidtlaw1969

What do you mean Disney copied Universal? If you mean that dropping under Chernabog sounds like the Revenge of the Mummy, then you should know that Disney has had this in mind since 20K closed, or atleast the rumor started then. So no, Disney is not currently copying Universal. (Just to let evryone know, I mean that in the nicest way possible :D )

Brewski

Water effects, fantasyland it seems to be that a finding nemo attration would be a good fit, i know there updating the living seas with FN stuff but a FN ride would be very popular, but a height resriction would contrast this idea, so i dont know

NemoRocks78

Seized
Premium Member
RCT2 Imagineer said:
I think he meant the Jurassic Park River Adventure. You know, the final drop is under the T-Rex. :p

That's what I meant. I also notice that Dinosaur's ending is very similar to JPRA as well. :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom