Frozen complainers are finally making headlines.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Goofyernmost

No one imagines it is easy, however they are using the same building, same ride system, same layout with a slight change to the track... So the 100 million does not have to include building a building or putting in the ride system perse...Just cosmetic changes and show design to the interior, right? I don't know, so if someone knows more I would love to be enlightened... I know they are doing a lot of work...but the cost sounds really excessive considering what other theme parks have built for a lot less money....So i am trying to understand...Are there things we don't know about? like a vertical elevator lift? New drops? revamped track system? I have only heard they are using the same track with a slight change to the ground floor exit area track, and the rest is the same... So.....
What you said does have an element of truth with the exception of one thing. That would be the 100 mill. number. That was pulled out of someones butt with absolutely no backup for the claim. However, knowing how these boards work, by the end of next week it will probably have escalated to 300 mil. Pretty much the same way that MM+ had a meteoric rise upward. I'm sure that the accountants at Disney are just showing everyone the books. Believe nothing that you hear or read and only half of what you actually see. :)

mimitchi33

30+ minutes was extremely common for Maelstrom throughout its life, even longer later after fastpass was added. I've been visiting since 1991. Arguably the longest wait at Epcot prior to soarin or TT. I've often waited 20 minutes or more, 30-45+ was where it got hard to justify waiting (which again was common). 15 minutes or less was a must ride for us, but it wasn't common at all outside of the slowest times of the year.
I read somewhere that the longest queue at EPCOT in those days was actually Journey into Imagination. Anyone know if its' wait times were longer than Malestrom
Actually, Expedition Everest cost 100 million when it was built and was considered the most expensive roller coaster in the world...and that was not THAT long ago...So how is it even possible....
I think they are building high quality animatronics and sets for the ride, and are redoing everything from scratch. That's why Frozen costs so much!

MerlinTheGoat

Imagination could get some long lines as well outside of slow seasons, rivaling Maelstrom. And it was more impressive and telling of its popularity for it to have those lines as well since capacity was much much greater (it was a lengthy and constantly loading ride similar to omnimovers so it chewed through people quite efficently). But I'd still say Maelstrom tended to maintain high waits more consistently. Again not necessarily because it was more popular, its capacity was just incredibly limited in comparison.

According to marni1971, the original Imagination had an hourly capacity of around 2240 people, while Maelstrom is cited to be somewhere around 900-1000 per hour.

Brer Panther

First attempt at The Little Mermaid at Disney's California Adventure was $100 million. Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey was less than $100 million. But yes, wastefulness is the hallmark of the Disney premium.
As I've stated before, they probably blew half the money on the audio-animatronics.

Siren

Original Poster
OMG -all of these emoji's are way too much. Just say something. Like, I totally get how one can find humor and feel immense joy from reading my posts -- but these three little angry head banging emojis are totally misguided.

No Disney cannot do this. Just look at the Toy Story project. Way over budget for a coaster that should cost a fraction of what they are spending.
Where are you getting this "info" from?This is just supposed to be a cute little land comprised of one kiddie coaster and a shelf ride and a few shops.

So, Disney should be able to quantify the expenses of this expansion with relative ease.

With that said, I am concerned about cuts. There are two different renderings -- the first one is really cute and includes Al's Toy Barn and the accompanying town -- lots of bright colorful oversized toys scattered about -- and, the coaster looks longer and more interesting. The second rendering is missing Al's Toy Barn, the oversized toys, and the coaster looks way smaller. I don't know what to make of it. I will just have to wait and see and remain hopeful.

So you reopened a year and a half old thread to talk about how great Frozen ride is and now you are back peddling? They do this in politics before debates they lower the bar on expectations so that if a candidate bombs it was "expected" but if it dose well than they did "better than expected" and it's a "real win". Ithe sounds like you are trying to lower the bar so when people come out and say frozen ride was Meh you can counter and say "well it was only supposed to be mind blowing we are not Shanghai"
Frozen became relevant in the news recently over a topic that was heavily discussed in this thread, so I just wanted to update it. Also, the Frozen construction thread was locked so it was perfect timing.

This thread is about "Frozen Complainers" making headlines in the news. And yes, people are still complaining and fighting over Frozen.

For me, it's all about having realistic expectations, so if that entails having to lower them a tad, then so be it.

Honestly, I'm looking forward to seeing the new Norway Pavilion. I think it's going to be beautiful and I fully expect to enjoy the ride, too.

Again Disney is not capable of delivering a project on time. It would be what the 3-4th delay this year.
Yeah, for something like this -- it seems strange to me. However, Disney has a lot of projects going on right now. Avatarland, new Soarin', RoL, Star Wars land, Toy Story land, the Star Wars fireworks show and so much more. That's a lot of work going on all at once.

And here you go contradicting yourself again. Kong will blow this away end of story. Hate to admit that but Uni is the winner. You can't lower the party 2 paragraphs earlier and then say it's going to be the best new attraction this year! It either is or it is not. And honestly Disney's lineup this year is weak sauce. Universal has Kong this year as well as a new Hulk. We just have a new film and a frozen ride... nothing ground breaking
Oh, I totally agree with you, but this is not about the most technically advanced or the most exciting attraction.

It's about what new attraction will create the largest draw this summer -- the buzz is Frozen. And, I tend to agree. I think Frozen will outdraw Kong and Hulk this summer even though Kong and Hulk
are "better" rides.

Those big, strong, tough guys totally *love* Frozen. And, they will belt out "Let It Go" in a heartbeat and are proud of it. I honestly believe more guys like Frozen than girls.

Wow, that truly was the worst deflection ever.
LOL. It's not a deflection -- it's just not my cup of tea.

Numbers are numbers and Disney will find a way to adjust them and shift them around until it suits their agenda. I'm great at numbers but just the thought of it all, simply bores me.

G00fyDad

OMG -all of these emoji's are way too much. Just say something. Like, I totally get how one can find humor and feel immense joy from reading my posts -- but these three little angry head banging emojis are totally misguided.

Where are you getting this "info" from?This is just supposed to be a cute little land comprised of one kiddie coaster and a shelf ride and a few shops.

So, Disney should be able to quantify the expenses of this expansion with relative ease.

With that said, I am concerned about cuts. There are two different renderings -- the first one is really cute and includes Al's Toy Barn and the accompanying town -- lots of bright colorful oversized toys scattered about -- and, the coaster looks longer and more interesting. The second rendering is missing Al's Toy Barn, the oversized toys, and the coaster looks way smaller. I don't know what to make of it. I will just have to wait and see and remain hopeful.

Frozen became relevant in the news recently over a topic that was heavily discussed in this thread, so I just wanted to update it. Also, the Frozen construction thread was locked so it was perfect timing.

This thread is about "Frozen Complainers" making headlines in the news. And yes, people are still complaining and fighting over Frozen.

For me, it's all about having realistic expectations, so if that entails having to lower them a tad, then so be it.

Honestly, I'm looking forward to seeing the new Norway Pavilion. I think it's going to be beautiful and I fully expect to enjoy the ride, too.

Yeah, for something like this -- it seems strange to me. However, Disney has a lot of projects going on right now. Avatarland, new Soarin', RoL, Star Wars land, Toy Story land, the Star Wars fireworks show and so much more. That's a lot of work going on all at once.

Oh, I totally agree with you, but this is not about the most technically advanced or the most exciting attraction.

It's about what new attraction will create the largest draw this summer -- the buzz is Frozen. And, I tend to agree. I think Frozen will outdraw Kong and Hulk this summer even though Kong and Hulk
are "better" rides.

Those big, strong, tough guys totally *love* Frozen. And, they will belt out "Let It Go" in a heartbeat and are proud of it. I honestly believe more guys like Frozen than girls.

LOL. It's not a deflection -- it's just not my cup of tea.

Numbers are numbers and Disney will find a way to adjust them and shift them around until it suits their agenda. I'm great at numbers but just the thought of it all, simply bores me.

tumblr_lz7l7oGCyn1qevqqyo1_500.gif

Siren

Original Poster
This is so vulgar. You must have been stalking this forum all day and night just waiting to post this. And, this is exactly why I like keeping @wm49rs around. He may be awful but far, far from the worst here.

Siren

Original Poster
Truly not wise to underestimate your consumer base. But, considering that's a trademark of your employer....
What are you talking about? What consumer base? And, I don't underestimate anyone. You, on the other hand.... Anyway, do you have any figures or estimates on the entire Frozen expansion? What have you heard? And, please no deflecting this time.

Siren

Original Poster
and again, this is the overlay....they are not demolishing an existing building and starting from scratch the way they did with Mermaid...
It's really much more than an overlay though. Disney has altered and extended the track. Everything in the ride has been gutted and replaced. Plus, there is the adjoining property where the Royal Summerhus will go. And finally, the Stave Church refurbishment. That's a lot.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
What are you talking about? What consumer base? And, I don't underestimate anyone. You, on the other hand.... Anyway, do you have any figures or estimates on the entire Frozen expansion? What have you heard? And, please no deflecting this time.
Never a topic I claimed any expertise on (or concern for). But I'm sure you can ask around at work....

And "deflecting," coming from you? Oh, the irony....

Siren

Original Poster
I haven't asked for a figure yet.

What's wrong, Marni? You are normally like a little Disney fountain of flowing information. Today, it's like pulling teeth to get a word out of you. Surely, you have a wild guess. It's okay, though.

Anyway, when Disney first announced the Frozen ride in 2014, the figure that was thrown out there was $80-$85 Million and that was just for the ride. It did not include estimates for the the adjoining property where the Royal Summerhus will go or the Stave Church refurbishment. So, I am comfortable with $100 Million mark for this project, maybe more. But, please let me know when you find out.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
What's wrong, Marni? You are normally like a little Disney fountain of flowing information. Today, it's like pulling teeth to get a word out of you. Surely, you have a wild guess. It's okay, though.

Anyway, when Disney first announced the Frozen ride in 2014, the figure that was thrown out there was $80-$85 Million and that was just for the ride. It did not include estimates for the the adjoining property where the Royal Summerhus will go or the Stave Church refurbishment. So, I am comfortable with $100 Million mark for this project, maybe more. But, please let me know when you find out.
Try to be a little less obvious when attempting to filter out his sources. Your superiors will understand....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom