Frozen complainers are finally making headlines.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nastory4

I am a fan of Frozen as a film, and I understand the selling of merchandise, as it is hugely popular. I also agree that meet and greets and parade appearances are necessary and am fine with that. I can also see the logic for a themed ride. However I do object to the overhaul of Maelstrom. By turning the ride into a Frozen ride, they are undermining the entire concept of World Showcase, which is to celebrate the culture of each country. Frozen is not even set in Norway (even if Arundelle was based on Scandinavian countries), and so to take out a ride celebrating the rich Norwegian folklore and replace it with a very new film, which has little to do with Norway, I think is a travesty.

Agreed. I did enjoy and still like the movie. However, I am not much into change as I am newer experiences. There are places to put a Frozen ride on property without dismissing Maelstrom.

Cesar R M

tumblr_lz7l7oGCyn1qevqqyo1_500.gif

Cesar R M

What's wrong, Marni? You are normally like a little Disney fountain of flowing information. Today, it's like pulling teeth to get a word out of you. Surely, you have a wild guess. It's okay, though.

Anyway, when Disney first announced the Frozen ride in 2014, the figure that was thrown out there was $80-$85 Million and that was just for the ride. It did not include estimates for the the adjoining property where the Royal Summerhus will go or the Stave Church refurbishment. So, I am comfortable with $100 Million mark for this project, maybe more. But, please let me know when you find out.
trying too hard.... waaaay too hard..
mickeywtfisthis.jpg

If only it sunk like Anna & Elsas parents (oh yeah, I went there).

thatspreetybrutal.png

daaaamn Mike, that was brutal!

Last edited:

ThemeParkJunkee

That's why we all are. Back, back, over the falls!

Yup! Reading for pure amusement. And also, Frozenstrom is too little in the wrong place. And you are not going to believe this but hubs always made me watch the movie. He has always been more interested in culture than IPs.

Siren

Original Poster
THIS IS THE PROBLEM!!!!! YOU ARE THE PROBLEM! Disney IS (or that is how they market themselves, although not recently) the higher standards. And people like you that are just ok to lower your standards and accept sub par overlay poop are what allows them to keep churning out mediocre experiences. We need to demand the best and accept nothing but the best! Tell me oh great teller why doses Disney no longer market the great service and experiences like they did in the 90s!? Hint because they are giving less in service and attractions! And as long as you are OK with lowering your standards you will one day end up in Six Flags EPCOT!
What the heck is it, with all of these freaking exclamation points and CAPS? Like, how old are you? I will do my best to look beyond the histrionics presented here.

First, your entire post is subjective, an opinion. I can guarantee that your standards are not my standards and so forth.

I have realistic expectations which is not the same thing as "lowering your standards." Having realistic expectations entails knowing in advance what to expect and then to make the required adjustments accordingly.

Maelstrom was in utter disrepair and needed a major refurb -- but, the fact is people enjoyed this ride, year after year -- in spite of it falling apart. This is more in tune with "lowering your standards."

I'm not trying to be mean but what do you think Epcot is. This is awful, sparse looking park, specifically Future World. Spaceship Earth, Test Track and Mission Space exteriors look good and World Showcase looks still looks great but that's about it.

The only way to demand the best (again, best is subjective) is to speak directly with your wallet. Stop going to Disney. I still find value at Disney World. And sure, I acknowledge that there is a spiraling downward trend regarding quality of certain goods and services in today's marketplace. But, it's not a Disney thing, it's everywhere, IMO.

You must take pixie duster through IV. I have read at least 10 articles about Kong for every one about Frozen. No one cares about Frozen, it's an overlay and a meet and greet on a ride that was already there! And no a few feet of extra track is not an expansion!
Yeah... let's just agree to disagree.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
What the heck is it, with all of these freaking exclamation points and CAPS? Like, how old are you? I will do my best to look beyond the histrionics presented here.

First, your entire post is subjective, an opinion. I can guarantee that your standards are not my standards and so forth.

I have realistic expectations which is not the same thing as "lowering your standards." Having realistic expectations entails knowing in advance what to expect and then to make the required adjustments accordingly.

Maelstrom was in utter disrepair and needed a major refurb -- but, the fact is people enjoyed this ride, year after year -- in spite of it falling apart. This is more in tune with "lowering your standards."

I'm not trying to be mean but what do you think Epcot is. This is awful, sparse looking park, specifically Future World. Spaceship Earth, Test Track and Mission Space exteriors look good and World Showcase looks still looks great but that's about it.

The only way to demand the best (again, best is subjective) is to speak directly with your wallet. Stop going to Disney. I still find value at Disney World. And sure, I acknowledge that there is a spiraling downward trend regarding quality of certain goods and services in today's marketplace. But, it's not a Disney thing, it's everywhere, IMO.

Yeah... let's just agree to disagree.
Curious, the original amount TWDC (you know, your employer) presented Norway with didn't signify anything akin to a "major refurb." Of course, they couldn't pimp the Frozen plushes, dresses, Photopass opportunities, and/or Olaf cupcakes had the pavilion actually stayed Norway. Or is that something you and yours don't like to admit openly?

Siren

Original Poster
I know it's hard, but I suggest you ignore this particular siren before you crash your ship into the rocks.

Trolling at its finest.
OMG... not this darn miserable hateful monkey again!?! Please follow your own advice monkeyhead. I think you are a terribly nasty bully. Everywhere I post, you follow me around hurling out the meanest insults. You are the troll. You and a few other posters have already killed the Toy Story land thread like at least three times after I revived it. Don't you get it? It's you.

I mean, this person is playing you. It's just outrageous enough to seem real, but the truth is in the screen name. You're being trolled for their own entertainment.
Listen, this is a discussion forum. I am not 'playing' or 'trolling' anyone here. Why are you suddenly concerned with Marni? I totally adore him. I don't know why I am feeling more & more drawn toward Marni. But, I can talk to him about Disney all day long. LOL.

Anyway, we're are having a discussion about Frozen here. Feel free to join in the discussion or *not*.

siren
[sahy-ruhn]

2. a seductively beautiful or charming woman,
a siren of the silver screen.

Siren

Original Poster
Actually you quoted the 100 million number, and a building with bathrooms and a meet and greet is not quite a lot... the rumored track extension from what I hear is not anything of note...and the meet and Greet area looks lovely but hardly worth saying it is a major expansion to the World Showcase... it is a little extra added meet and greet area and bathroom... The expansion for Expedition Everest included the ride and extensivelyt themed queu and shop, seperate buildings for rest rooms, a new bridge connecting the two halves of the park...Much more than we are getting with the Frozen attraction... I am just trying to figure out why this is all taking so much time and costing so much money...
Yeah, I guess you're right -- that is a good question. I know I heard Disney say 80-85 Million when Frozestrom was first announced.

Hi Siren, I did indeed see the videos of the new Shanghai stuff, and it kind of makes me even madder that we have to lower our expectations stateside.... The longest line in MK is for our old first generation and pathetically short Peter Pans Flight... the Disneyland Version has been beautifully upgraded, and now the Shanghai version is a beautiful new take on the classic, but we who still have the crappy original, have to lower our expectations?... Seeing the Shanghai stuff makes me even more unhappy with the state of my beloved WDW. Let's think about the numbers...if 80 million was for the ride..(which is crazy) .then you are suggesting that 20 million dollars for a meet and greet is OK? That is absolutely insane... you could build that building and layer it with gold for less... the numbers are so crazily inflated, and while Disney often does nice quality, I can see nothing in a Meet and Greet that would justify 20 million dollars... Princess Fairytale Hall looks like a function area at the Marriott Hotel... completely underwelming and not special or magical at all... The Royal Sommerhus is lovely on the outside. I like that they themed it to an actual norwegian building... that is all great, but 20 MILLION DOLLARS for a wating room and a couple audience chambers its absolutely nuts.
I still haven't come to terms with how to process Shanghai. I did feel bad after seeing all the new rides and stuff.

This is my personal revelation on why things are the way they are here at WDW. I believe the WDW crowd prefers food and liquor over rides. Free Dining is more popular than any new attraction. And, there is DVC, too.

I noticed that people were content with WDW up until Fastpass +, the DAS changes, and The Dining plan was cut. This is when I started to notice more complaints regarding new rides.

As long as people were able collect 20 fastpass a day to use whenever they pleased and give a away the leftover fastpasses -- plus, have unlimited access through DAS -- and, Free Dining with gratuity -- they were happy. I find this to be somewhat disingenuous. I honestly believe that if we still had regular fastpass with no time enforcement there would be zero complaints about new rides at Disney.

ETA: I just wanted to add that I have always felt that Disney needed to build more rides.

Last edited:

G00fyDad

OMG... not this darn miserable hateful monkey again!?! Please follow your own advice monkeyhead. I think you are a terribly nasty bully. Everywhere I post, you follow me around hurling out the meanest insults. You are the troll. You and a few other posters have already killed the Toy Story land thread like at least three times after I revived it. Don't you get it? It's you.

Listen, this is a discussion forum. I am not 'playing' or 'trolling' anyone here. Why are you suddenly concerned with Marni? I totally adore him. I don't know why I am feeling more & more drawn toward Marni. But, I can talk to him about Disney all day long. LOL.

Anyway, we're are having a discussion about Frozen here. Feel free to join in the discussion or *not*.

siren
[sahy-ruhn]

2. a seductively beautiful or charming woman,
a siren of the silver screen.

Here's the ACTUAL definition. And it is not pronounced (sahy-ruhn). Not unless you're eating crackers or something.

siren

noun si·ren \ˈsī-rən, for 3 also sī-ˈrēn\

Simple Definition of siren
  • : a piece of equipment that produces a loud, high-pitched warning sound

• : a woman who is very attractive but also dangerous (To any thread)

• Siren : one of a group of female creatures in Greek mythology whose singing attracted sailors and caused them to sail into dangerous water or toward rocks (Well, you can kill a thread so.....)

Last edited:

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
Yeah, I guess you're right -- that is a good question. I know I heard Disney say 80-85 Million when Frozestrom was first announced.

I still haven't come to terms with how to process Shanghai. I did feel bad after seeing all the new rides and stuff.

This is my personal revelation on why things are the way they are here at WDW. I believe the WDW crowd prefers food and liquor over rides. Free Dining is more popular than any new attraction. And, there is DVC, too.

I noticed that people were content with WDW up until Fastpass +, the DAS changes, and The Dining plan was cut. This is when I started to notice more complaints regarding new rides.

As long as people were able collect 20 fastpass a day to use whenever they pleased and give a away the leftover fastpasses -- plus, have unlimited access through DAS -- and, Free Dining with gratuity -- they were happy. I find this to be somewhat disingenuous. I honestly believe that if we still had regular fastpass with no time enforcement there would be zero complaints about new rides at Disney..
The complaints about Maelstrom had nothing to do with Fastpasses, the DAS, or anything other than the fact that TWDC (your employer) decided to turn a real country into a fake one in order to sell a few more Frozen Plushes and cupcakes....

Siren

Original Poster
As you know from my prior posts on this project I don't have a huge amount of enthusiasm for it.
If you want, I can totally help you get through this. Like, I have an innate capacity to find beauty and joy and happiness in the simplest of things. I know there has to be something, somewhere within this project that would get you excited. Can't wait for more details to be released.

I don't think so. Unless they move it to another park.

Let alone the politics involved.
IP's already exist in World Showcase, though. People are just sick of Frozen, I think.

Anyway,I would love to hear about the 'politics' of Frozestrom if you ever feel like sharing them.

Matt_Black

The complaints about Maelstrom had nothing to do with Fastpasses, the DAS, or anything other than the fact that TWDC (your employer) decided to turn a real country into a fake one in order to sell a few more Frozen Plushes and cupcakes....

No, they didn't turn a real country into a fake country. Norway is still right were it is, up in Northern Europe. If you want Norway, GO TO NORWAY. If you haven't, that means that the pavilion failed in it's goals to foster brotherhood and tourism. Do you want a failure in the parks? DO YOU?!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom