Frozen complainers are finally making headlines.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoeCamel

Oh, that.

Anyway, I can't wait for this ride and the whole Norway pavilion to open. I'm not expecting anything to be mind blowing but I think it will be a very nice upgrade.

I thought the Frozen ride would be finished by June with soft openings in late May. But, now I am seeing June, specifically 'summer' of 2016 -- so we're looking at late June for the grand opening and soft openings in mid June. I wonder what the hold up could be this time? I'm just glad I didn't plan a trip around this.

Okay so, this is how the "big three" plan to duke it out for summer.
  • Sea World has the new rollercoaster named 'Mako' opening June 10.
  • Universal has 'Skull Island: King Kong' and the 'Hulk' coaster opening this "summer."
  • Disney has 'Frozen Ever After' and the 'Anna and Elsa' meet & greet at 'The Royal Summerhus' and the new Soarin' ride.

The buzz is that Frozen and Anna & Elsa are going to be the clear winners here.

:hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::joyfull::joyfull::joyfull::joyfull::joyfull::banghead::banghead::banghead:

zakattack99

In the Parks
No
Disney announced that the Frozen overlay would cost approximately $80 million. I've heard that the project is now over $100,000,000. The average steel coaster costs between 10-$20 million. So technically, Disney could build at least eight coasters for that amount.

No Disney cannot do this. Just look at the Toy Story project. Way over budget for a coaster that should cost a fraction of what they are spending.

Anyway, I can't wait for this ride and the whole Norway pavilion to open. I'm not expecting anything to be mind blowing but I think it will be a very nice upgrade.

So you reopened a year and a half old thread to talk about how great Frozen ride is and now you are back peddling? They do this in politics before debates they lower the bar on expectations so that if a candidate bombs it was "expected" but if it dose well than they did "better than expected" and it's a "real win". Ithe sounds like you are trying to lower the bar so when people come out and say frozen ride was Meh you can counter and say "well it was only supposed to be mind blowing we are not Shanghai"

I wonder what the hold up could be this time?
Again Disney is not capable of delivering a project on time. It would be what the 3-4th delay this year.

And here you go contradicting yourself again. Kong will blow this away end of story. Hate to admit that but Uni is the winner. You can't lower the party 2 paragraphs earlier and then say it's going to be the best new attraction this year! It either is or it is not. And honestly Disney's lineup this year is weak sauce. Universal has Kong this year as well as a new Hulk. We just have a new film and a frozen ride... nothing ground breaking

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
How many geniuses at Celebration Place did it take to come up with this garbage? You cant wait to see the new ride and pavilion, but your not expecting much? At least your earning your pay by softening the public up to the idea that it wont be anything mind blowing.

I thought the Frozen ride would be finished by June with soft openings in late May. But, now I am seeing June, specifically 'summer' of 2016 -- so we're looking at late June for the grand opening and soft openings in mid June.
Great job regurgitating news that has already been stated all over the internet. And this little gem of a quote sums up your capacity to say anything coherent. "But now I am seeing June, specifically 'summer' of 2016" LOL, how is 'summer' 2016, which is an ENTIRE season, more specific than June, which is a single month??? I guess they teach you to cast a wide net so you can spout off how you were correct when it finally opens. What a crock, as usual.

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
No Disney cannot do this. Just look at the Toy Story project. Way over budget for a coaster that should cost a fraction of what they are spending.

So you reopened a year and a half old thread to talk about how great Frozen ride is and now you are back peddling? They do this in politics before debates they lower the bar on expectations so that if a candidate bombs it was "expected" but if it dose well than they did "better than expected" and it's a "real win". Ithe sounds like you are trying to lower the bar so when people come out and say frozen ride was Meh you can counter and say "well it was only supposed to be mind blowing we are not Shanghai"

Again Disney is not capable of delivering a project on time. It would be what the 3-4th delay this year.

And here you go contradicting yourself again. Kong will blow this away end of story. Hate to admit that but Uni is the winner. You can't lower the party 2 paragraphs earlier and then say it's going to be the best new attraction this year! It either is or it is not. And honestly Disney's lineup this year is weak sauce. Universal has Kong this year as well as a new Hulk. We just have a new film and a frozen ride... nothing ground breaking
Im sure her response to you will be a rant about something extremely off topic followed by a downloaded image of something she claims to own.

Prince-1

Oh, that.

I thought the Frozen ride would be finished by June with soft openings in late May. But, now I am seeing June, specifically 'summer' of 2016 -- so we're looking at late June for the grand opening and soft openings in mid June. I wonder what the hold up could be this time? I'm just glad I didn't plan a trip around this.

• Universal has 'Skull Island: King Kong' and the 'Hulk' coaster opening this "summer."
  • Disney has 'Frozen Ever After' and the 'Anna and Elsa' meet & greet at 'The Royal Summerhus' and the new Soarin' ride.

Wow, that truly was the worst deflection ever.

Bocabear

Oh, that.

Wait, you just said that the costs are now over 100 million to do an overlay and you don't expect anything mind blowing?? 100 million dollars!!! That is way more than they spent building most Disney rides from the ground up...It should be absolutely mind-blowing...
Why are our expectations so low anymore?? Space Mountain cost 12million to build when it was new...yes it was 30 years abo, but 100 MILLION for an overlay of an existing ride....?!?

lazyboy97o

Wait, you just said that the costs are now over 100 million to do an overlay and you don't expect anything mind blowing?? 100 million dollars!!! That is way more than they spent building most Disney rides from the ground up...It should be absolutely mind-blowing...
Why are our expectations so low anymore?? Space Mountain cost 12million to build when it was new...yes it was 30 years abo, but 100 MILLION for an overlay of an existing ride....***?!?
First attempt at The Little Mermaid at Disney's California Adventure was $100 million. Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey was less than $100 million. But yes, wastefulness is the hallmark of the Disney premium.

JT3000

Oh, that.

The above post brought to you by drinking around the world gone very wrong.
comp-frozen-drink.jpg

Last edited:

Bocabear

First attempt at The Little Mermaid at Disney's California Adventure was $100 million. Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey was less than $100 million. But yes, wastefulness is the hallmark of the Disney premium.
and again, this is the overlay....they are not demolishing an existing building and starting from scratch the way they did with Mermaid...

Cesar R M

how much was diagon alley + gringotts?

Goofyernmost

and again, this is the overlay....they are not demolishing an existing building and starting from scratch the way they did with Mermaid...
In all fairness, pretty much except for the outer walls and the ride troth, it is hardly an overlay. It is a complete new build within the confines of an old pavilion. It's not as easy as everyone likes to believe. But, WDW is a fantasy place so we might as well put fantasy thoughts toward imagining how easy it all is.

Bocabear

In all fairness, pretty much except for the outer walls and the ride troth, it is hardly an overlay. It is a complete new build within the confines of an old pavilion. It's not as easy as everyone likes to believe. But, WDW is a fantasy place so we might as well put fantasy thoughts toward imagining how easy it all is.
No one imagines it is easy, however they are using the same building, same ride system, same layout with a slight change to the track... So the 100 million does not have to include building a building or putting in the ride system perse...Just cosmetic changes and show design to the interior, right? I don't know, so if someone knows more I would love to be enlightened... I know they are doing a lot of work...but the cost sounds really excessive considering what other theme parks have built for a lot less money....So i am trying to understand...Are there things we don't know about? like a vertical elevator lift? New drops? revamped track system? I have only heard they are using the same track with a slight change to the ground floor exit area track, and the rest is the same... So.....

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Actually, Expedition Everest cost 100 million when it was built and was considered the most expensive roller coaster in the world...and that was not THAT long ago...So how is it even possible....

Because WDI is the division where the losses are hidden, It could be years of fun for forensic accountants to document where the money goes, Joe Rohde could fly year round first class and not rack up the kind of expenses WDI claims.

willtravel

Why are our expectations so low anymore?? Space Mountain cost 12million to build when it was new...yes it was 30 years abo, but 100 MILLION for an overlay of an existing ride....***?!?

I want to know who is pocketing some money?....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom