Frozen complainers are finally making headlines.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Siren

Original Poster
As you know from my prior posts on this project I don't have a huge amount of enthusiasm for it.
Awww. Just give it time, Marni. You are going to experience something new that you can really appreciate from this expansion. Maybe not mind-blowing like Shanghai Disney but still very nice. You have to give it a chance, though.

Siren

Original Poster
Wait, you just said that the costs are now over 100 million to do an overlay and you don't expect anything mind blowing?? 100 million dollars!!! That is way more than they spent building most Disney rides from the ground up...It should be absolutely mind-blowing...
Why are our expectations so low anymore?? Space Mountain cost 12million to build when it was new...yes it was 30 years abo, but 100 MILLION for an overlay of an existing ride....***?!?
Hey Bocabear. Like, did you not see the new Shanghai Disney Pirates of the Caribbean video and the new Tron Coaster and all the new shiny stuff in the Shanghai Disney thread? Oh, and most importantly the Siren's Revenge recreation area? Now *that* is mind-blowing.

When I first saw the Pirates ride video -- I immediately thought of 7DMT and how Disney could have easily incorporated this technology into the diamond mine, somehow. Like, there could have been diamonds *everywhere* to cover every square inch of that cave.

I just think it's wise to have realistic expectations here. You know there is going to be that someone who will visit Frozestrom only to compare it to the new rides at Shanghai Disneyland and then act all disappointed and stuff -- for no reason. You know it's coming.

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
Awww. Just give it time, Marni. You are going to experience something new that you can really appreciate from this expansion. Maybe not mind-blowing like Shanghai Disney but still very nice. You have to give it a chance, though.
Perhaps you, (and your employer) fail to realize that for some people, the lack of enthusiasm has absolutely nothing to do with the ride, or Frozen the movie. But keep throwing out that "may not be mind blowing" phrase to soften the expectations of the 2 or 3 people here who actually think anything you say is accurate, or unbiased.

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
You know there is going to be that someone who will visit Frozestrom only to compare it to the new rides at Shanghai Disneyland and then act all disappointed and stuff -- for no reason. You know it's coming.
For no reason? Have you been staring at boots on your computer screen to long???? When the company shows its capable of producing (im gonna use your favorite new buzz word here)...mind blowing attractions, we should be happy that the resort (WDW) making the most profits gets completely hosed over with a refurb...in the wrong park? How bout comparing Norways Frozen ride to the Frozen area that Tokyo is getting? Or is that unfair to your employer? To even suggest that people should be happy about this horrible decision after seeing what could have been built, is utterly ridiculous. But then again, its your job to do so.

zakattack99

In the Parks
No
For me, it's all about having realistic expectations, so if that entails having to lower them a tad, then so be it.

THIS IS THE PROBLEM!!!!! YOU ARE THE PROBLEM! Disney IS (or that is how they market themselves, although not recently) the higher standards. And people like you that are just ok to lower your standards and accept sub par overlay poop are what allows them to keep churning out mediocre experiences. We need to demand the best and accept nothing but the best! Tell me oh great teller why doses Disney no longer market the great service and experiences like they did in the 90s!? Hint because they are giving less in service and attractions! And as long as you are OK with lowering your standards you will one day end up in Six Flags EPCOT!

It's about what new attraction will create the largest draw this summer -- the buzz is Frozen.

You must take pixie duster through IV. I have read at least 10 articles about Kong for every one about Frozen. No one cares about Frozen, it's an overlay and a meet and greet on a ride that was already there! And no a few feet of extra track is not an expansion!

Bocabear

It's really much more than an overlay though. Disney has altered and extended the track. Everything in the ride has been gutted and replaced. Plus, there is the adjoining property where the Royal Summerhus will go. And finally, the Stave Church refurbishment. That's a lot.
Actually you quoted the 100 million number, and a building with bathrooms and a meet and greet is not quite a lot... the rumored track extension from what I hear is not anything of note...and the meet and Greet area looks lovely but hardly worth saying it is a major expansion to the World Showcase... it is a little extra added meet and greet area and bathroom... The expansion for Expedition Everest included the ride and extensivelyt themed queu and shop, seperate buildings for rest rooms, a new bridge connecting the two halves of the park...Much more than we are getting with the Frozen attraction... I am just trying to figure out why this is all taking so much time and costing so much money...

Mike S

Your pandering is unbearable.
Forum brown nosing at its finest.
For no reason? Have you been staring at boots on your computer screen to long???? When the company shows its capable of producing (im gonna use your favorite new buzz word here)...mind blowing attractions, we should be happy that the resort (WDW) making the most profits gets completely hosed over with a refurb...in the wrong park? How bout comparing Norways Frozen ride to the Frozen area that Tokyo is getting? Or is that unfair to your employer? To even suggest that people should be happy about this horrible decision after seeing what could have been built, is utterly ridiculous. But then again, its your job to do so.
Or even the same ride from Tokyo going to Disneyland's Fantasyland.
THIS IS THE PROBLEM!!!!! YOU ARE THE PROBLEM! Disney IS (or that is how they market themselves, although not recently) the higher standards. And people like you that are just ok to lower your standards and accept sub par overlay poop are what allows them to keep churning out mediocre experiences. We need to demand the best and accept nothing but the best! Tell me oh great teller why doses Disney no longer market the great service and experiences like they did in the 90s!? Hint because they are giving less in service and attractions! And as long as you are OK with lowering your standards you will one day end up in Six Flags EPCOT!

You must take pixie duster through IV. I have read at least 10 articles about Kong for every one about Frozen. No one cares about Frozen, it's an overlay and a meet and greet on a ride that was already there! And no a few feet of extra track is not an expansion!
All I get from their TV advertising today is that staying at their hotels is the bestest thing ever and then you can enjoy some parks too.

Bocabear

Hey Bocabear. Like, did you not see the new Shanghai Disney Pirates of the Caribbean video and the new Tron Coaster and all the new shiny stuff in the Shanghai Disney thread? Oh, and most importantly the Siren's Revenge recreation area? Now *that* is mind-blowing.

When I first saw the Pirates ride video -- I immediately thought of 7DMT and how Disney could have easily incorporated this technology into the diamond mine, somehow. Like, there could have been diamonds *everywhere* to cover every square inch of that cave.

I just think it's wise to have realistic expectations here. You know there is going to be that someone who will visit Frozestrom only to compare it to the new rides at Shanghai Disneyland and then act all disappointed and stuff -- for no reason. You know it's coming.
Hi Siren, I did indeed see the videos of the new Shanghai stuff, and it kind of makes me even madder that we have to lower our expectations stateside.... The longest line in MK is for our old first generation and pathetically short Peter Pans Flight... the Disneyland Version has been beautifully upgraded, and now the Shanghai version is a beautiful new take on the classic, but we who still have the crappy original, have to lower our expectations?... Seeing the Shanghai stuff makes me even more unhappy with the state of my beloved WDW. Let's think about the numbers...if 80 million was for the ride..(which is crazy) .then you are suggesting that 20 million dollars for a meet and greet is OK? That is absolutely insane... you could build that building and layer it with gold for less... the numbers are so crazily inflated, and while Disney often does nice quality, I can see nothing in a Meet and Greet that would justify 20 million dollars... Princess Fairytale Hall looks like a function area at the Marriott Hotel... completely underwelming and not special or magical at all... The Royal Sommerhus is lovely on the outside. I like that they themed it to an actual norwegian building... that is all great, but 20 MILLION DOLLARS for a wating room and a couple audience chambers its absolutely nuts.

G00fyDad

This is so vulgar. You must have been stalking this forum all day and night just waiting to post this. And, this is exactly why I like keeping @wm49rs around. He may be awful but far, far from the worst here.

Actually, as with this post, I get an email notification when a new post is made. When you post I am notified. I thought you knew how this whole forum thing works. Of course I felt my blood sugar go up, watched a unicorn run across my screen, and I swear I smelled cotton candy a few minutes before the email notification. That should have been enough warning for me of one of your posts. ;)

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
All I get from their TV advertising today is that staying at their hotels is the bestest thing ever and then you can enjoy some parks too.
I still love this one. PRobly the most misleading commercial for WDW ever. Craziest part is that the family is WEARING their COLORED magic bands which indicates they were shipped to them , yet they did not make any ADR's or FP+ selections, lol. And the wife asking to be able to "take a break by the pool" cracks me up. Good thing she asked the CM for assistance with that.
I cant embed the URL and cant find it on you tube so here is a link to the commercial
https://ispot.tv/a/7JfP

Bocabear

I still love this one. PRobly the most misleading commercial for WDW ever. Craziest part is that the family is WEARING their COLORED magic bands which indicates they were shipped to them , yet they did not make any ADR's or FP+ selections, lol. And the wife asking to be able to "take a break by the pool" cracks me up. Good thing she asked the CM for assistance with that.
I cant embed the URL and cant find it on you tube so here is a link to the commercial
Don't laugh, they probably have a plan to make the resort pools a FP+ choice along with restrooms ...and for just $24.95, you can use the pool or restrooms any time you desire!

Last edited:

Mike S

I meant a more recent one featuring Cinderella running down a staircase, StormTroopers coming out of the Elevator, Mermaids in the pool, Hitchhiking Ghosts waving to them on the ferry, and Mike & Sully coming out of the closet in their room. A small fragment of BTM thrown in too.

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
I meant a more recent one featuring Cinderella running down a staircase, StormTroopers coming out of the Elevator, Mermaids in the pool, Hitchhiking Ghosts waving to them on the ferry, and Mike & Sully coming out of the closet in their room. A small fragment of BTM thrown in too.
Whats sad is that they have the ability to do those things (some of them) but they would never spend the money on it.

PrincessAnastasia

I am a fan of Frozen as a film, and I understand the selling of merchandise, as it is hugely popular. I also agree that meet and greets and parade appearances are necessary and am fine with that. I can also see the logic for a themed ride. However I do object to the overhaul of Maelstrom. By turning the ride into a Frozen ride, they are undermining the entire concept of World Showcase, which is to celebrate the culture of each country. Frozen is not even set in Norway (even if Arundelle was based on Scandinavian countries), and so to take out a ride celebrating the rich Norwegian folklore and replace it with a very new film, which has little to do with Norway, I think is a travesty.

Bocabear

I am a fan of Frozen as a film, and I understand the selling of merchandise, as it is hugely popular. I also agree that meet and greets and parade appearances are necessary and am fine with that. I can also see the logic for a themed ride. However I do object to the overhaul of Maelstrom. By turning the ride into a Frozen ride, they are undermining the entire concept of World Showcase, which is to celebrate the culture of each country. Frozen is not even set in Norway (even if Arundelle was based on Scandinavian countries), and so to take out a ride celebrating the rich Norwegian folklore and replace it with a very new film, which has little to do with Norway, I think is a travesty.
That ship sailed long ago...

G00fyDad

If only it sunk like Anna & Elsas parents (oh yeah, I went there).

Rudy_Hard-Clap128-small.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom