Frozen and Saving Mr. Banks out on DVD & Blu-ray today

Magenta Panther

I would not call it a money grab. But they definitely could have done a better job with the bonus features for a film of this magnitude, or at least included the ones they said they would.

Beauty and the Beast "making of" on their Diamond Edition was the best I have ever seen.

It was indeed excellent - but the Pinocchio Platinum Edition is even better. :)

Sped2424

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=KklRE9G35Iw
I do find this really catchy and fun but it'd be great if we saw a more in depth look. In fairness they probably didn't expect it to be so popular but knowing them they probably just thought- Some people will buy it so whats the point? Gosh they were wrong
see the clip is great, for an introductory clip to an actual behind the scenes tour of the film. Is there not an actual in depth look at the film beyond this intro?

Tigger1988

see the clip is great, for an introductory clip to an actual behind the scenes tour of the film. Is there not an actual in depth look at the film beyond this intro?
That is literally it. The song ends, fades to black and you're taken back to the main menu.

Magenta Panther

That is literally it. The song ends, fades to black and you're taken back to the main menu.

WHHAAATTTT?

No way I'm getting this then. The behind-the-scenes stuff is usually the BEST stuff on Disney DVDs, and IMO the only reason to buy them. If I just wanted to see the movie again, I could stream it from Amazon.

Man, the Iger stinginess is just appalling. Frozen is an incredible success, and yet he cheaps out on the DVD. My GOD I can't wait until that jackass is out the door. I hope Mickey gives him a boot in the rear as he exits, if only to provide balance for the lipstick marks the Disney BOD will undoubtedly bestow there in gratitude for the stock price...

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
WHHAAATTTT?

No way I'm getting this then. The behind-the-scenes stuff is usually the BEST stuff on Disney DVDs, and IMO the only reason to buy them. If I just wanted to see the movie again, I could stream it from Amazon.

Man, the Iger stinginess is just appalling. Frozen is an incredible success, and yet he cheaps out on the DVD. My GOD I can't wait until that jackass is out the door. I hope Mickey gives him a boot in the rear as he exits, if only to provide balance for the lipstick marks the Disney BOD will undoubtedly bestow there in gratitude for the stock price...

I posted earlier that the press release from February mentioned the real making of frozen as part of the bonus features. I have not been able to find out why it was removed. If you run across anything, let me know.

Sped2424

My guess is perhaps it was removed to be put up later on the disney streaming site, Disney wants to hold anything good and make it exclusive just on there like they have been doing with the live frozen performance clips. Gives people an incentive to create an account.

Sped2424

One day we will get an awesome frozen dvd set, today just isn't that day sadly. Perhaps when it returns from the vault in 10 years...

Sped2424

Well then there is no reason for the clip despite how much work went into it, its supposed to be the intro to the actual behind the scenes how the film was done special.

noidwork

Well, I've been reading you guys for over a year now and often wanted to post thoughts on things, but in the end I was always too lazy. However, this one drove me to the computer to sign-up. So, we bought Frozen in the early release period on Xbox video and at the end of the movie, it went into that 3 minute song, and then after that, It went into a 35 minute documentary on the making of Frozen. I haven't stuck around the last few times to see if it was deleted or not (we're still streaming it, I have an older xbox with a tiny HDD) but it was definitely there. Very curious that they didn't give it to everyone with the DVD, since they clearly spent the time to make it.

gbruenin

Curious if anyone else is seeing this.
We picked up Frozen and Saving Mr Banks yesterday...Frozen was Blu-ray and dvd pack, SMB was Blu-ray only. Both Blu-ray having problems loading on my player, just get a black screen, no audio, the menu shows as text. Select 'play' nothing happens, doesn't seem to ever load. Checked my player's firmware, there was no new updates available. And, the dvd play find, and other Blu-rays I have work as well. Going to reset the player tomorrow, but I was wondering if anyone is seeing issues with the new releases.

Thanks. Gary

Captain Chaos

Curious if anyone else is seeing this.
We picked up Frozen and Saving Mr Banks yesterday...Frozen was Blu-ray and dvd pack, SMB was Blu-ray only. Both Blu-ray having problems loading on my player, just get a black screen, no audio, the menu shows as text. Select 'play' nothing happens, doesn't seem to ever load. Checked my player's firmware, there was no new updates available. And, the dvd play find, and other Blu-rays I have work as well. Going to reset the player tomorrow, but I was wondering if anyone is seeing issues with the new releases.

Thanks. Gary
Having no problems playing Frozen blu ray on my PS3... Have you checked the blu ray disc in another blu ray player to see if it works? Could be possible you either picked up the wrong region DVD (how, who knows????), or the blu rays are faulty... Test it in another blu ray player, and if it works, then you know the other player is damaged... if it doesn't, then the discs are probably bad... Return for new discs...

Roo Bear

Well, at least everyone who lives in the US is able to at least buy their copy if they want it! We have to wait in the UK, so you are very lucky.

TomHendricks

I haven't tried my Blu Ray yet, I get the digital download and run it through my Apple TV. However I always have issue with Disney Blu Ray disks not working in my Blu Ray player and it's usually only Disney. Little Mermaid, Cars, Bolt and all the others won't play on my Blu Ray player.

wsmith1978

Bought and watched both movies on Blu Ray. I had already seen Saving Mr. Banks in theaters, and it was just as enjoyable the second time around. Frozen... fantastic!!! First time seeing it, now I wish I'd have seen it on the big screen. Let It Go is superb - the song, the visuals, everything. BLOWN AWAY by this movie.

devoy1701

Ordering Thor, Savings Mr Banks, and Frozen from DMC now. Will fulfill my obligations this go around...time to cancel the membership and wait for my next 5 movies for a dollar offer! ;) Looking forward to Saving Mr. Banks the most wanted to see it in theaters but the wife was 8 months prego at the time and the idea of sitting in a theater for 3 hours surrounded by other people was not appealing to her.

jensenrick

Finally got to see Mr. Banks last weekend- MUCH better movie than I thought it would be, and I think they did a great job of representing Disneyland in that time, but not repeat viewing for me.
Really happy with my Bluray of Frozen- 5th or 6th viewing now.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom