Frozen and Saving Mr. Banks out on DVD & Blu-ray today

novawildcat18

maybe in the younger years... but tom hanks played the older post-Disneyland walt great I thought
That's what I mean, I want to see a biopic about Mr. Disney before he got huge. And Gosling would do a good job, I think. I think Hanks did a great job as well (though, certainly some of his behaviors have been edited by Disney), he just didn't look or really sound like him. He looked and sounded like Tom Hanks to me. I did love the performance though, don't get me wrong.

Matt_Black

Flynn and Rapunzel made a cameo in Frozen? I read this on some movie site. Is it really them, or just animators playing around?

She turns her head, and yeah, it's most definitely her.

I only made it through 15 minutes of Frozen. That was enough singing for me.

o_O You realize that's often part and parcel of a Disney animated feature, yes?

"I went to the Cowboys/ Eagles game, but left after 10 minutes. I didn't realize there was going to be so much football!"

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
She turns her head, and yeah, it's most definitely her.

o_O You realize that's often part and parcel of a Disney animated feature, yes?

"I went to the Cowboys/ Eagles game, but left after 10 minutes. I didn't realize there was going to be so much football!"
Of course I understand there is singing. There just seemed to be much more than usual and the songs were not that great to me. Aladdin had a great soundtrack. I could sing those songs all day. Frozen was just too much girly singing. If your an Eagles fan, I dont blame you for leaving...

Tony Perkis

My biggest issue with Frozen is that the last full song in the film is done with 25-30 minutes left in the film. The momentum and pacing of the last act just doesn't stack up to that of the first 2/3.

Uncle Lupe

The Blu Ray\DVD\HD Digital Combo went back up to $27.96, during the first week of release it was $19.96. Glad I picked it up on the first day and used a $5 coupon. Got the combo for $14.96!!! This movie looks great on the Blu Ray, even the girlfriend noticed the difference, and that is big deal if she can tell. The 4 year old was over joyed when she got her copy in hand.

montyz81

Question, does anyone see a Hidden Mickey at the end of "Mr Banks" If you look as the pan past the palm trees to the clouds, one of the sets of clouds looks like a mickey head on.

Matt_Black

Up is an incredible film, it wasn't nominated for Best Picture for nothing. I'd rank it higher than Frozen.

I'd put them at about equal. The strength of the opening carries the rest of the film, which is not as strong in spots.

As far as pure setting and "world-building" though? Frozen beats almost any Pixar film, hands down. Wall-E and Monsters Inc. are the only films that come close.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
Just bought the movie and watched it for the first time. I won't give anything away. Guess I was expecting more from the villain. The villain is pretty much an "a-hole". That's about it.

an a-hole who tried to kill both sisters and take over their Kingdom

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom