Frozen and Saving Mr. Banks out on DVD & Blu-ray today

sweetpee_1993

So we watched both by now. Frozen? Good but definitely overrated. Honest Trailers guy nailed it when he called it the feature length music video for 'Let It Go'. LOL! Mr. Banks? Love! Love love love!!!! Very wow! I couldn't stay in my chair when she threw a Sherman out of the studio. I jumped up: "WHAT?!?! That's one of the SHERMAN BROTHERS!!!!!! Who does that?!?!" My husband was laughing at me.... :oops::oops:

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
So we watched both by now. Frozen? Good but definitely overrated. Honest Trailers guy nailed it when he called it the feature length music video for 'Let It Go'. LOL! Mr. Banks? Love! Love love love!!!! Very wow! I couldn't stay in my chair when she threw a Sherman out of the studio. I jumped up: "WHAT?!?! That's one of the SHERMAN BROTHERS!!!!!! Who does that?!?!" My husband was laughing at me.... :oops::oops:

Yes ma'am! I also think Frozen was a bit overrated but Mr Banks is a keeper. I would rather see a Saving Mr Banks overlay on Maelstrom before a Frozen one. lol. Emma Thompson was perfect in every way;). And I didnt feel like I was watching Tom Hanks at all, he was great as Walt. I dont know how it could be done but I want a sequel!!!

Violiav

Yeah, I see what you're talking about. Not the same type at all definitely.

lol! Nobody is Ursala!
Well, he's a lot more realistic and plausible in his goals and methods, which puts him in league with Lady Tremaine or Mother Gothel.

I agree. He's pretty scary and sinister when you think about it. I know fairy tale wise Beauty and the Beast is closer to the -idea- of Bluebeard, but I think Hans is in that similar vein.

ETA: Both of the girls (my daughter and my boyfriends daughter, both 11) like it, so that's good enough for me. It makes me smile because I remember watching The Little Mermaid over and over again, singing along driving my parents bonkers.

And now that I think back, I remember people 5 years and older than me complaining about the poor quality of Disney movies in the late 80's, early 90's. Everything old is new.

Last edited:

Sped2424

Excellent review on the frozen blu ray "collectible edition" dvd release two of my favorite quotes from it "They Didn't even try" and "for a film that made so much this is embarrassing."

disney4life2008

I have watched Frozen twice - it is an amazing movie. However, Beauty and the Beast remains visually and artistically amazing. Frozen (I assume) is computer generated whereas Beauty and the Beast (I assume) was all hand drawn. Frozen has too much singing for me - but it does add to the plot. Elsa blue gown is stunning in the movie bu the character version in the parks - yuck.

I am watching Mr Banks now and no wonder why Tom Hanks was not nominated for an oscar - this movie is terrible. He only appears in about 10 minutes total. It is not what I expected.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom