Frozen and Saving Mr. Banks out on DVD & Blu-ray today

Marc Gil

Just purchased and watched Saving Mr. Banks. Such a fantastic film, and it was wonderful watching it again the second time around; I noticed a lot more.

Yup, and I also managed to cry again near the end... Curse my over -sensitivity! Another thing, HOW WAS EMMA THOMPSON NOT NOMINATED FOR THIS?

75disney

I ordered our Frozen DVD at 7AM for store pick up from Toys R Us. When I went to pick it up about 2 that afternoon, the cashier said that they were sold out and that many people did what I did. The release timing is perfect; my DD's 12th birthday is Friday and she thought the movie was better than Beauty and The Beast, her former favorite. My other DD has a birthday in April and is having a Frozen themed sleepover, complete with a sing-a-long and movie showing. Talk about hard to get, I can't find Frozen party supplies anywhere! I have Saving Mr. banks on hold at the library. I will watch it first before I decide if I want to own it.

Tony Perkis

Just purchased and watched Saving Mr. Banks. Such a fantastic film, and it was wonderful watching it again the second time around; I noticed a lot more.

Yup, and I also managed to cry again near the end... Curse my over -sensitivity! Another thing, HOW WAS EMMA THOMPSON NOT NOMINATED FOR THIS?
Because the five actresses nominated did better work.

Marc Gil

Because the five actresses nominated did better work.
Well I guess that's a matter of opinion... I still think Emma did a fantastic job potraying PL Travers and I think her performance should have been recognized by the Academy.

Even though I think Emma did a fantastic job, I'm not saying she was the best in her category this year. I think Cate Blanchett deserved the award. She was phenomenal in her role in Blue Jasmine, almost haunting...

Mickey_777

I had no problem finding the blu ray at walmart for $19.96 on tuesday. Plenty of copies. Was it really necessary to preorder it for some folks?

After watching it for a second time (we saw it in theatres), I could better analyze and understand why it's so popular. It really is a good film. I left the theatre thinking it was on par with Tangled but after watching it again I'd say it's better.

Dwarful

Stopped at the drug store today and they had a full display of Frozen. Grocery store had them too along with lots of Frozen kid dishes, cups, etc.,

gooftroop5

I had no problem finding the blu ray at walmart for $19.96 on tuesday. Plenty of copies. Was it really necessary to preorder it for some folks?

The only reason I preordered it was because the Disney Store had a promo. If you preordered it in like the first week you got a coupon for $20 off a $50 Disney Store purchase. The was hard to pass up. ;) Plus it came with some pretty cool posters that my daughter will love.

tribbleorlfl

After watching it for a second time (we saw it in theatres), I could better analyze and understand why it's so popular. It really is a good film. I left the theatre thinking it was on par with Tangled but after watching it again I'd say it's better.
I didn't see it in the theater, but just got done watching it @ home. Agree with you, it totally deserves the acclaim and popularity it's earned. Solid film in every respect.

Between Frozen and the Lego movie, my hopes are up for family movies in terms of content and quality.

NMBC1993

I didn't see it in the theater, but just got done watching it @ home. Agree with you, it totally deserves the acclaim and popularity it's earned. Solid film in every respect.

Between Frozen and the Lego movie, my hopes are up for family movies in terms of content and quality.

Haven't seen the Lego Movie yet but I've heard good things and can't wait to get a copy on Blu-ray.

mimitchi33

I brought the DVD at Target the day it came out. After I took my copy, nine were left.
My other DD has a birthday in April and is having a Frozen themed sleepover, complete with a sing-a-long and movie showing. Talk about hard to get, I can't find Frozen party supplies anywhere!
If you search on Amazon for "Frozen party supplies", there's some you can buy, which are rather well-priced compared to the other merchandise.
Finally popped in my Frozen BluRay and WOW, the bonus features are abysmal. Wish someone told me what the "Making of" was before I wasted 3 minutes of my life on it.
Good thing I brought the DVD version, or I might have been disappointed with that.

216bruce

Got both yesterday. Watched Saving Mr Banks last night. Still my favorite movie from last year. The last few months of last year had some great movies
Saw it three times in theaters. I know it's not real accurate, but the core of the story- PL was a bit of trouble to deal with and here's why- is a great story. The details that aren't right are just artistic license. It never warranted itself as a documentary. Great story, great movie.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom