Frozen and Saving Mr. Banks out on DVD & Blu-ray today

Animaniac93-98

Disney DVDs today are crap for anyone who remembers things like the Fantasia Anthology, the collector's editions for Tarzan, Atlantis, Emperor's New Groove, Toy Story Toy Box, the first few Platinum Editions, the Walt Disney Treasures sets, the Vault Disney sets, or going way back, the Archive Edition laserdiscs or collector's editions with hard cover books and lithographs included.

That 3 minute song speaks volumes about how far the division has fallen. Too bad the prices haven't.

Animaniac93-98

Sadly, this is way too true. I wonder if the company is just holding back on bonus features so it has more to add to future potential re-releases. Or just 'cheapskating' it.

Just being cheap. Same reason they don't print disc art or anything on the backside of the cover like Sleeping Beauty had.

I think Iger's goal is to move away from physical media ASAP, which after the news of Frozen's record breaking sales sounds like a poor idea. As if consumers are ready to pay Blu-ray disc prices for an itunes file.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
Finally popped in my Frozen BluRay and WOW, the bonus features are abysmal. Wish someone told me what the "Making of" was before I wasted 3 minutes of my life on it.

The press release showed there was supposed to be a real making of also called "Breaking the Ice, The Real Making of Frozen". Wonder what the heck happened???

MarkTwain

Just being cheap. Same reason they don't print disc art or anything on the backside of the cover like Sleeping Beauty had.

I think Iger's goal is to move away from physical media ASAP, which after the news of Frozen's record breaking sales sounds like a poor idea. As if consumers are ready to pay Blu-ray disc prices for an itunes file.

The lack of disc cover art is ridiculous and infuriating. The grey discs with clear text is something I expect from bargain bin DVDs of 1990s B-movies, not $19.95 Disney animated features. It makes it difficult to pick out DVDs when you store the discs side by side in a book, often requiring you to hold the discs at the right angle just so you can read the title. I honestly can't believe Disney has become so cheap in their DVD production.

Last edited:

FigmentJedi

The press release showed there was supposed to be a real making of also called "Breaking the Ice, The Real Making of Frozen". Wonder what the heck happened???
I think Disney's planning a "Now get it with actual extras" double-dip with the release of the 3D Blu-Ray in the fall.
At least when they cut an extra on Wreck-It Ralph's Blu-Ray, they put it online, though that was probably cut because parents and kids wouldn't really understand an extended parody of The King of Kong.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
Huh?

Bashing a poorly released money grab is a very legitimate reason to criticize Disney.

I would not call it a money grab. But they definitely could have done a better job with the bonus features for a film of this magnitude, or at least included the ones they said they would.

Beauty and the Beast "making of" on their Diamond Edition was the best I have ever seen.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
We're discussing a corporate product. If that offends you on a personal level it's not mine or anyone else's problem.

Calm down. It was a joke. I will admit though, when I first joined and started to gloss over this forum I felt like there was a lot of "bashing" going on. Then after reading more and more threads, I realized that most people (sorry can't say all, but most) were just well-intentioned folks with some legit concerns.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom