Frontierland Expansion Rumor

Why? I honestly don't see how it couldn't work.

Except for the fact that it doesn't fit the theme of tomorrowland at all. :shrug:
I never understood why the feel the need to keep SGE open. It is hated by nearly everyone who has been on the attraction and has the lowest ridership in the whole park.

World Traveler

Thrill Seeker said:
That all sounds good with a few exceptions...

Monsters can stay. It's a good show and it doesn't make sense to re-locate it when it's housed in a perfectly good location, plus it's a popular attraction...

Instead of re-theming the speedway, why not remove it to make way for two new E-ticket attractions: one for Fantasyland and the other for Tomorrowland.

I'd just remove CBJ and replace it with a Woody's Round Up show or something else that has more appeal.

That's all I have.

Monsters is a good show, and would be a good attraction for DHS in an extended Pixar Place. The reason to relocate it is that it is a good attraction, but does not fit the theme of Tomorrowland at all.

I'm all for removing the Speedway, but I also know that re-theming it would be vastly cheaper. I tried to post ideas that are do-able and wouldn't have a prohibitive cost associated. Two new E-tickets would be wonderful, but probably in the distant future. There are also other areas that can be expanded before the Speedway would have to be cut.

I would remove CBJ except that it is an original attraction, a classic, and could be revamped to be a very fun show. Imagine a fat bear in overalls singing "She Thinks My Tractor's Sexy." Keep Big Al.

imagineer boy said:
My only issue with this is that you'd have to have a long walkay just to get to the front of the attraction.

Just means a better opportunity for immersion.

Why would anyone want coffee on a super hot florida summer day?

I've been to Disney during very cold seasons... this winter it was in the 20s while I was there. Disney's not only open in the summer. Besides that, people love frappes, frappuccinos, iced lattes, mochas, etc. All of these are cold coffee drinks.

I'd rather not see Cars at the MK. Put them at DHS. I'd like to see the speedway get a "Cosmic Highway" theme with futuristic cars and scenery.

I think Cars is the obvious solution to a rather ugly, carnival-esque attraction. However, any other solution that makes it aesthetically and audibally appealing is good with me.

By the way, the "plots" you guys reference for the supposed Frontierland expansion are extremely, extremely difficult to get to. I think these pads appear to people who haven't been back there to be expansion areas when they would be extremely ackward to put in. Take the expansion area northwest of BTMRR... that's actually the repair dock for the Liberty Belle... that's going to be a major pain to move for an expansion since you're going to have to do a large amount of canal work.

Xethis

8) Put in a Barrista in Mainstreet so there's a Starbucks-like place for adults to grab a coffee / latte / frappe.

Why would anyone want coffee on a super hot florida summer day? :lol: :shrug:

My wife would drink coffee anytime, day or night, regardless of the weather. Coffee shops (and I use that term loosely) like Starbucks make just as many cold drinks as they do hot ones. I got addicted to the frozen mochas I found at Downtown Disney, but I'm not sure where else to find them.

I'd be fine with getting all hopped up :eek: on a frozen mocha with an extra shot of espresso then 'zipping' through the parks all morning . . . and again at the end of the day when energy might be dwindling. I could see Disney making a killing on the Starbucks addiction the past few years have brought on.

imagineer boy

The original concept had microphones hidden in the AAs, where the staff could listen in on conversations at the tables, satisfying two purposes ...

1. The AAs could converse with the table guests, and
2. The staff would, conceivably, know that one of the guests wants something ("I wish the waiter would come by, I want another soda.")

The idea was scrapped over privacy concerns that people wouldn't want the staff listening in on their table talk.

Uh, wasn't that idea originally planned for Club 33?

kaos

"I'd like to know why my servers are always the ugly ones."
"Yeah, and they don't do a great job either."
"I wish we had a server that would smell better."

I wouldn't want to eat there... who knows what "extra toppings" would be on my burger... :lookaroun

sublimesting

A coffee shop would make an absolute killing on Main St.! Whoever questioned why anyone would want coffee in Florida obviously isn't a coffee drinker. I'll take coffee day or night thank you very much. And if you truly drink coffee every day you kind of need it (coffee drinkers know what I'm talking about...that 1:00 headache).

kaos

Let's all sing now... "Main Street, Main Street. Meet Me Tonight on Main Street" and the low bass sings "right by the Starbucks"

The main reason I have an issue with a coffee shop on Main Street is because they simply didn't exist back in that time period. Now, if you were able to theme it accordingly, say, with a storefront that boasted "The Latest in European Culinary Decadence" for example, then maybe it would work, themewise. In reality, a coffee shop on Main Street would most likely be the highest profit storefront in the park! Maybe under the Train Station would be a great place for this... Remove the hard to market and find retail "counter" and replace it with a coffee barista. It's almost too perfect- while the fam is putting their belongings in the lockers, mom or dad can be getting themselves some coffee while they wait.

Grizzly Hall 71

That all sounds good with a few exceptions...

Monsters can stay. It's a good show and it doesn't make sense to re-locate it when it's housed in a perfectly good location, plus it's a popular attraction...

Instead of re-theming the speedway, why not remove it to make way for two new E-ticket attractions: one for Fantasyland and the other for Tomorrowland.

I'd just remove CBJ and replace it with a Woody's Round Up show or something else that has more appeal.

That's all I have.

NOOOOOOOOOOO you can't knock down original story-telling for PIXAR!

Anyway I like the idea od demolishing the speedway. Make it a Tron ride on the lightcylces. Or they can bring the mattehorn :lookaroun

tirian

The Matterhorn is extremely overrated, and lousy compared to modern roller coasters. The concept is still great, but the track needs to be completely replaced, and the bobsleds need better shocks and cushions.

There, I said it too. :wave:

Grizzly Hall 71

The Matterhorn is extremely overrated, and lousy compared to modern roller coasters. The concept is still great, but the track needs to be completely replaced, and the bobsleds need better shocks and cushions.

IF IT WAS A NEW COASTER AT MK it wouldn't be all loud it would be less noisy wand upgraded to today's standards. Just like they did with the dl paris space mountain, it isn't the same as the one in WDW. FAR FROM IT.

Grizzly Hall 71

I'll have to agree with you there. I understand everything about it being a classic and all, but the whiplash and backache after riding it wasn't fun.

That's the thrill of it!:p

I don't understand, if it were any other attraction that Walt supervised personally everyone would want it, how is the mattehorn an exception beside that it's a roller coaster?

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member

I'd agree with that 100%. I get it from the nostalgia point of view, but as a stand-alone coaster attraction, its not good.

imagineer boy

Oy drop it with the Matterhorn already. It's not even that good.

*Prepares to be crucified.

IMO it depends on what track side you ride on. I enjoyed the right side track but I found the left (which most people claim is the best side) to be extremely rough and unpleasant.

But still, I think its best to keep the Matterhorn original to DL and not clone it. Besides, we alrady have friggin Everest.

imagineer boy

Tiki Room. It was originally planned as a restaurant with interactive Tiki Birds, with hidden microphones so the birds' operators could hear the guests.

Well, then drop the microphone idea and simply have Tiki birds sing overhead while you eat. Problem solved! :lol:

Seriously, I think the resteraunt idea would work better than just bringing back the old Tiki room. WDW simply doesn't have the nostalgia factor that DL has that brings in crowds. :shrug: Its either that or the TDL Stitch version.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom