Frontierland Expansion Rumor

Spike-in-Berlin

The Tiki Room needs the Disneyland show at WDW....its THAT simple.... as for a true expansion of AL, that would be welcome...so long as it is not simply a bulldoze of something to make room....

Hope it includes the Disneyland version of The Tiki Room....

Seems like sometimes so many people today are happier with dumbed down versions of everything......or have no attention span...or if they dont see a movie tie-in they do not like it...

I couldn't agree more. They could improve AL already a LOT at mimimum costs by bringing back the original show in the Tiki Room. Make it TIKI again. The work needed to be done would be an absolute minimum. Reprogram all original AAs, alter some SFX and throw out (and by the way tear to pieces) Iago and Zazu. Change the sign outside and that's about it! I know dozens of people who miss the Tiki Room and want it back, there would be a huge attendance for at least several years, with Tiki and Polynesian Pop popular again. With the Tiki Room it's the same like with love, you have to lose it to finally realize how you loved it. If it would return I would do it at least half a dozen times in my next stay.

Spike-in-Berlin

Oh! and one last thing.... why is it that Disney cannot create something fresh and original with NO movie tie-ins? Most of the attractions that were designed from scratch with all new characters and material are some of the most beloved now of all time and in the case of some like PoC for example actually spawned some movies!

Exactly, you don't need movies to create a classic, actually it's nearly the opposite. Or has any movie based ride in the MK or Disneyland (perhaps with the exception of PPF) ever topped the popularity of those without a movie connection? HM, PotC, JC, Space Mountain, BTMR? And if you define the MK, which rides do you mention first? Exactly these five, you don't say "MK is winnie the Pooh, dumbo, monsters and buzz lightyear.

Spike-in-Berlin

Can't MK get something completely original ?:/

Yes. They should build Fire Mountain in AL. If it really is only an urban legend they should still make it a selffulfilling prophecy. Fire Mountain would have the potential to become MKs JC, HM, PotC or BTMR of the new century. I don't believe that any moviebased ride would have that potential.

AEfx

Its been confirmed by Lee and other insiders that Pixie Hollow has been taken out of the plans.

Yes, that's the point - people have been talking about this here for a bit and suddenly it's coming up on other websites as "inside info", which happens quite often - more than a few blogs seem to get their info from here first. :)

aladdin2007

I couldn't agree more. They could improve AL already a LOT at mimimum costs by bringing back the original show in the Tiki Room. Make it TIKI again. The work needed to be done would be an absolute minimum. Reprogram all original AAs, alter some SFX and throw out (and by the way tear to pieces) Iago and Zazu. Change the sign outside and that's about it! I know dozens of people who miss the Tiki Room and want it back, there would be a huge attendance for at least several years, with Tiki and Polynesian Pop popular again. With the Tiki Room it's the same like with love, you have to lose it to finally realize how you loved it. If it would return I would do it at least half a dozen times in my next stay.

More than anything the original Tiki Room is my number one wish too!!! For awhile they were going to bring the stitch tiki room show from tokyo here (i know no more stitch but it really is a cute show) and repurpose the stitch animatronic from the tomorrowland show and shut that down. All those plans were scrapped.
I have a feeling if we do ever see the original show return it wont be till the 50th, sadly. The current one is crap and the demon that comes up in the middle fountain terrfies little ones. It needs to go.

MichWolv

Born Modest. Wore Off.
Premium Member

I prefer the original show, but the new one has its good points as well. I say keep the best of both, and give the Tiki room a storyline that plays out all day. Start the day with the original show. Mid to late afternoon have a scheduled "Tiki Room Ownership Transfer" ceremony in the-preshow area, and then play the "Under New Management" show the rest of the day. Blends the old and the new, and increases reridability, which Disney has been attempting to shoot for lately.

sponono88

What I find interesting is that DL has long been rumored to receive new Frontierland additions in the near future, in the space where the Festival Arena currently sits. I've been hearing rumors about this for a long time.. and now we have strong rumors for a Frontierland expansion in the MK as well.

Makes me wonder if/when they announce something they will announce it for both parks at the same time. They really seem to like doing that nowadays.. (Star Tours II, TLM, TSMM.) Still not a fan of the DisneyParks© initiative.

fabroman

I don't see why Disney doesn't want more thrill rides.

Just look at what Busch Gardens does. They put in a very thrilling roller coaster, and yet they still put in great theming....

World Traveler

Instead of a Frontierland expansion, here's what needs to happen in 10 easy steps to make MK the perfect park:

1) A major thrill ride is needed, and Adventureland needs more pull. Build a major E-Ticket attraction south of the pirates building. As I've said before, I'd like to see a looping coaster inside an ancient pyramid temple... you could base the ride off of The Jungle Book, or on a totally new story.

2) A pirates and Peter Pan character dining experience would be great in Adventureland. Give something for the older-than-Pooh boys. Split the show between PotC (Jack Sparrow) and the Peter Pan characters.

3) Bring in an English version of the Tokyo Tiki Room with Stitch and shut down the abomination in Tomorrowland. Replace the Tomorrowland with a new Extraterrorestrial.

4) Add a slight amount of fog in Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin so that you can see the laser beams.

5) Make the Diamond Horseshow a cowboy show steak house. Run rotating shows so that guests can come in at any time and not miss anything. Add a Woody, Jessie, and Stinky Pete character dining aspect to it as well.

6) Connect Tom Sawyer Island via a bridge east of BTMRR which can lift for larger vessels. Build a large play area in the old fort on the nothern part of the attraction.

7) Remove Monster's Inc Laugh Floor and send it to an extended Pixar Place in DHS (Stage 7, part 1 of a 2 part attraction with part 2 being a semi-thrilling dark ride). I don't know what you replace this with, but a fun new stage show would be good.

8) Put in a Barrista in Mainstreet so there's a Starbucks-like place for adults to grab a coffee / latte / frappe.

9) Change the Speedway over to a Cars theme, take the rails off the roads, and use sensors to keep the cars from being able to hit each other. Switch the cars to electric batteries instead of the noisy gasoline.

10) Update CBJ to a modern country music show that features the same characters, but connects with the current audience better.

There are other things I would do as well, but these ten things would make MK the "perfect park" to me. DHS and AK need work much more to bring them up to the "full day park" status of MK and Epcot, however.

Thrill Seeker

Instead of a Frontierland expansion, here's what needs to happen in 10 easy steps to make MK the perfect park:

1) A major thrill ride is needed, and Adventureland needs more pull. Build a major E-Ticket attraction south of the pirates building. As I've said before, I'd like to see a looping coaster inside an ancient pyramid temple... you could base the ride off of The Jungle Book, or on a totally new story.

2) A pirates and Peter Pan character dining experience would be great in Adventureland. Give something for the older-than-Pooh boys. Split the show between PotC (Jack Sparrow) and the Peter Pan characters.

3) Bring in an English version of the Tokyo Tiki Room with Stitch and shut down the abomination in Tomorrowland. Replace the Tomorrowland with a new Extraterrorestrial.

4) Add a slight amount of fog in Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin so that you can see the laser beams.

5) Make the Diamond Horseshow a cowboy show steak house. Run rotating shows so that guests can come in at any time and not miss anything. Add a Woody, Jessie, and Stinky Pete character dining aspect to it as well.

6) Connect Tom Sawyer Island via a bridge east of BTMRR which can lift for larger vessels. Build a large play area in the old fort on the nothern part of the attraction.

7) Remove Monster's Inc Laugh Floor and send it to an extended Pixar Place in DHS (Stage 7, part 1 of a 2 part attraction with part 2 being a semi-thrilling dark ride). I don't know what you replace this with, but a fun new stage show would be good.

8) Put in a Barrista in Mainstreet so there's a Starbucks-like place for adults to grab a coffee / latte / frappe.

9) Change the Speedway over to a Cars theme, take the rails off the roads, and use sensors to keep the cars from being able to hit each other. Switch the cars to electric batteries instead of the noisy gasoline.

10) Update CBJ to a modern country music show that features the same characters, but connects with the current audience better.

There are other things I would do as well, but these ten things would make MK the "perfect park" to me. DHS and AK need work much more to bring them up to the "full day park" status of MK and Epcot, however.

That all sounds good with a few exceptions...

Monsters can stay. It's a good show and it doesn't make sense to re-locate it when it's housed in a perfectly good location, plus it's a popular attraction...

Instead of re-theming the speedway, why not remove it to make way for two new E-ticket attractions: one for Fantasyland and the other for Tomorrowland.

I'd just remove CBJ and replace it with a Woody's Round Up show or something else that has more appeal.

That's all I have.

imagineer boy

They had their reasons why they changed it from a dinner show to a show and these reasons are good and still existing.

Why? I honestly don't see how it couldn't work.

My only issue with this is that you'd have to have a long walkay just to get to the front of the attraction.

I'd like to see them build that Tortuga resteraunt that was planned a while back.

Agreed.

I say give the attraction an entire overhaul so that it rivals MIB at Universal. Hand held guns, light up targets, cooler SFX, less cardboard cut-outs, etc.)

That would work. Maybe the Woody show can take place during the morning character breakfast.

I dunno, going there by boat is part of the fun.

I don't know what it should be replaced with, all I know is that it doesn't belong in Tomorrowland and should have a ride at DHS.

Why would anyone want coffee on a super hot florida summer day? :lol:

I'd rather not see Cars at the MK. Put them at DHS. I'd like to see the speedway get a "Cosmic Highway" theme with futuristic cars and scenery.

Agreed, update it with more relevant humor and songs.

Monsters can stay. It's a good show and it doesn't make sense to re-locate it when it's housed in a perfectly good location, plus it's a popular attraction...

Except for the fact that it doesn't fit the theme of tomorrowland at all. :shrug:

Krack

Why? I honestly don't see how it couldn't work.

The original concept had microphones hidden in the AAs, where the staff could listen in on conversations at the tables, satisfying two purposes ...

1. The AAs could converse with the table guests, and
2. The staff would, conceivably, know that one of the guests wants something ("I wish the waiter would come by, I want another soda.")

The idea was scrapped over privacy concerns that people wouldn't want the staff listening in on their table talk.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom