Frontierland Expansion Rumor

Instead of a Frontierland expansion, here's what needs to happen in 10 easy steps to make MK the perfect park:

1) A major thrill ride is needed, and Adventureland needs more pull. Build a major E-Ticket attraction south of the pirates building. As I've said before, I'd like to see a looping coaster inside an ancient pyramid temple... you could base the ride off of The Jungle Book, or on a totally new story.
Totally new story preferably.
2) A pirates and Peter Pan character dining experience would be great in Adventureland. Give something for the older-than-Pooh boys. Split the show between PotC (Jack Sparrow) and the Peter Pan characters.
:sohappy:
3) Bring in an English version of the Tokyo Tiki Room with Stitch and shut down the abomination in Tomorrowland. Replace the Tomorrowland with a new Extraterrorestrial.
:sohappy::sohappy::sohappy:
4) Add a slight amount of fog in Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin so that you can see the laser beams.
That is a GREAT idea!
5) Make the Diamond Horseshow a cowboy show steak house. Run rotating shows so that guests can come in at any time and not miss anything. Add a Woody, Jessie, and Bullseye character dining aspect to it as well.
Fixed.
6) Connect Tom Sawyer Island via a bridge east of BTMRR which can lift for larger vessels. Build a large play area in the old fort on the nothern part of the attraction.
Eh, not needed.
7) Remove Monster's Inc Laugh Floor and send it to an extended Pixar Place in DHS (Stage 7, part 1 of a 2 part attraction with part 2 being a semi-thrilling dark ride). I don't know what you replace this with, but a fun new stage show would be good.
Great idea!
8) Put in a Barrista in Mainstreet so there's a Starbucks-like place for adults to grab a coffee / latte / frappe.
And another great one! Add bagels and cinnamon buns. :)
9) Change the Speedway over to a Cars theme, take the rails off the roads, and use sensors to keep the cars from being able to hit each other. Switch the cars to electric batteries instead of the noisy gasoline.
NO! Just update the technology and put some scenes.
10) Update CBJ to a modern country music show that features the same characters, but connects with the current audience better.
:)
There are other things I would do as well, but these ten things would make MK the "perfect park" to me. DHS and AK need work much more to bring them up to the "full day park" status of MK and Epcot, however.
:king:

RSoxNo1

The Matterhorn is extremely overrated, and lousy compared to modern roller coasters. The concept is still great, but the track needs to be completely replaced, and the bobsleds need better shocks and cushions.

There, I said it too. :wave:

It's a lousy track from both a bumpiness standpoint and a logic standpoint. It wasn't designed with a computer so some of the turns/ride segments are illogical and make the ride uncomfortable.

goonie007

I still think they should go ahead with the Tortuga restaurant idea :shrug:
I understand that most other eateries dont run at full capacity but IMO those places are not all that interesting to eat at. Dont get me wrong I love crystal palace and have never tried Librerty Tree but I think it would be a nice contrast to the princesses at the castle.

And i get that people would expect alchohol and wouldn't get it :rolleyes:

I still think they should go ahead with the Tortuga restaurant idea :shrug:
From my perspective, that seems like a serious no-brainer. Pirates of the Caribbean is a major, popular movie franchise with a theme park attraction in an area of the park that has remained stagnant for many many many years. BATB is a great attempt at expanding much-needed dinning options in the park. With another Pirates movie on the way and the timeless joy of the attraction, wouldn't it make perfect sense to capitalize on the franchise with the Tortuga restaurant? It expands eating options (and on the complete opposite side of the park as the new BATB restaurant) and would provide Disney with a serious influx of cash (at least I'd assume). Why are they so hesitant about adding what seems like a great eatery?

Dragonrider1227

I didn't think Indy 4 was that bad. It was no Lost Ark, but it wasn't HORRIBLE!
As for Frontierland, am I the only one that would like to see something done with Woody's Round up? Someone once suggested that their Tom Sawyer Island could be turned into that. I would be SO for it.

Dizmentia

I wonder if this expansion would be the Woody's Roundup rides planned for Disneyland. Another shooting gallery style dark ride, and maybe a Bullseye ride? I know there's already a lot of Toy Story at the parks, but the characters are extremely popular, and I bet it would be a hit.

lebeau

I didn't think Indy 4 was that bad. It was no Lost Ark, but it wasn't HORRIBLE!

You're right. But there were parts you wanted to rip right off the screen. And those were the parts people tended to remember.

Also, expectations had been building for nearly 20 years. You had to figure if they had that long to work on the script they would come up with something better than Indy finding shelter from an h-bomb in a fridge.

_Scar

Spiderman 3 was worse than Indy 4?!!?

No way....

Aliens > Venom?!!?!?!?! Over a Topher Venom?!!?!?!

....no way....

no, nope, nah

juan

Well seeing how cookie cutter attractions (rides made for other parks, adapted for another park) have been coming to WDW rather easily (Little Mermaid, Toy Story Mania, screens from Seas with Nemo), I wouldn't be surprised if Toy Story Land from DLP is added as a mini-land to MK.

The R&D, design, engineering, etc is already done, a big portion of the total cost.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom