Frontierland Expansion Rumor

aladdin2007

As I mentioned in a earlier post a few weeks ago----- it's comin' boys -n- gals

The changes/projects are "in the works"- some big one's too

patience young jedi

The same way they are doing imagination 4? The same way they finished spaceship earth? they same way they are building a new world showcase pavilion? allrighty then. I dont doubt they may be looking into frontierland, as others have said they have been for awhile, but with tdo at the helm and the eastern half of the fantasyland expansion still up in the air, :shrug: Were not even getting a 40th anniversary per say, or wait are we? any news on that? I know its off topic but just wondering.

fabroman

frontierlandexpansion_plots.png

From that image above, there are 3 possible expansion plots. The Blue area is the most easy to access. Then there is the red one (TSI), which if used could cause trouble with getting people to the island. Would they need to build a permanant bridge? If so, the Liberty Belle's route would most likely have to change. The Yellow plot is the biggest, but would be extremely inconvienient (and it's actually closer to LS/FL than it is to FrL). However, they could possibly create a walking path from FrL to get there and also train to tranport people back and forth.

newRoAroute.png

you'll notice in the image above that the ROA has been rerouted to fill in parts to connect it in with parts of TSI. I'm not gonna sit here and say it's the best option (or easiest to execute), but it would definitely make getting to the expanded area a helluva lot easier and would still leave the Yellow plot open for potential future expansion on LS or FL. I know that that's very far fetched and will likely never happen, just thought i'd throw that out there.

With the second picture, how exactly would Disney go about reconfiguring that?
It seems that the land is moved?

How would they do all of that?

I'm also against using bridges on the island, b/c it just ruins the whole aspect of Tom Sawyer Island..

RSoxNo1

I understand that Tom Sawyer's Island in Disneyland is in New Orleans Square, but could they be considering a Pirates makeover in Florida as well? Wouldn't that make the most sense based on the "reusing existing infrastructure" talk that's on here?

I'm still in the group that thinks this is something in the 2016 or later category, but if it's something small like that it could come sooner.

I understand that Tom Sawyer's Island in Disneyland is in New Orleans Square, but could they be considering a Pirates makeover in Florida as well? Wouldn't that make the most sense based on the "reusing existing infrastructure" talk that's on here?

I'm still in the group that thinks this is something in the 2016 or later category, but if it's something small like that it could come sooner.
It will be a lot sooner than 2016 as many insiders have said. Lee said that you can see major changes occuring within a couple of years. So i would guess the 2011-2012 time frame.

MotherOfBirds

adventureland needs it more. FrL has two of the 3 thrill rides at MK plus TSI, riverboats, etc. Adventureland had POTC and JC, but lets face it, there isn't a whole lot going on in Adventureland. In fact, one could just totally ignore the right side of AL because its either part of an endless facade or peddling rubber snakes. Granted, the park in its entirety needs a facelift, but FrL seems to be much stronger than the others

Exprcoofto

I've got nothing on anything happening in Frontierland yet. As far as I know it's just random internet rumor and isn't coming from anywhere credible.

It's coming from credible people with credible sources. :wave: Even Lee & Martin (unless their all of a sudden not credible any longer :shrug:) have agreed to such a possibility. However, as with any rumor, it should be taken lightly. I guess your sources aren't matching up to others then.

_Scar

adventureland needs it more. FrL has two of the 3 thrill rides at MK plus TSI, riverboats, etc. Adventureland had POTC and JC, but lets face it, there isn't a whole lot going on in Adventureland. In fact, one could just totally ignore the right side of AL because its either part of an endless facade or peddling rubber snakes. Granted, the park in its entirety needs a facelift, but FrL seems to be much stronger than the others

ITA!

Adventureland needs its very own IJA- but not a copy imo. Maybe a river rapids (cough, UP, cough) or even Indiana Jones mine ride or one of the dozen other versions Disneyland never got- but just not the EMV.

trr1

If you can't even link to your alleged post, how do you expect us to find this post to see if there may be any validity to said claim? I'm certainly not going to try to read every post that you have made, even though it may only be 155.
his post doesnt say much
"25th June 2010, 08:38
Mickey is King
user_offline.gif

WDWMAGIC Guest

Trust me, there WILL be MANY new attarctions and shows at WDWver the next 10 years. Some HUGE projects......some small.

Don't underestimate Disney. WDW will be upgrading & expanding parks.
Not wishful thinking, it will and is happening. Some has already started.

Hold on to your Mickey ears folks, things are gonna get REALLY COOL, very soon- you wait!

Not speculation, wait and see, that's all I can say.:slurp: "

RSoxNo1

Well if the thought process is bringing back improved versions of things that once existed, they should bring back the Discovery River Boats with some of the actual show scenes that were originally planned.

mp2bill

They key word here is changes. The posts regarding the project refer to the rumors as changes, not necessarily expansions.

At this point, it's all up in the air, so to assume anything right now would be folly. Time will tell.

I wouldn't change a thing. On the other hand, if they were some how able to expand Frontierland, I'd be all for that. It's my favorite land.

Studios Fan

While any good expansion is appreciated, I'm curious why they would do it in Frontierland when Adventureland and especially Tomorrowland would seem to be better choices.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
While any good expansion is appreciated, I'm curious why they would do it in Frontierland when Adventureland and especially Tomorrowland would seem to be better choices.
Management pressure to increase profit in a land that is behind the rest of the park.

Maybe.

Biff215

I understand everyone's feelings towards AL and TL and their needing something first. Let me give another perspective on that. I used to love FL and spent a lot of time there (especially in line for Splash and BTMR). Now I have a 2 year old. During our 4 trips with her, we've hardly spent any time there. Country Bears is really the only thing there appropriate for her age, and that's only if we have some time to waste and want to get out of the heat.

I have no idea what they have planned or where they would put it, but a family friendly dark ride would be a great addition IMO. FL is in an area that you don't even need to walk through unless you want/need to, so I would buy into Marni's suggestion that it's not pulling in enough money. While it has some of the most solid theming and attractions, it is still lacking in some areas.

Duckberg

A lot of rumblings have been going on the past couple of days. Rumors of a major Frontierland expansion have been said to be in the works, confirmed by multiple sources. I think this would be a great addition to the Magic Kingdom. It would definitely be something for males to counteract the FLE. Not to say that FLE is for girls but I think the majority of guys aren't giddy with join over making birthday cards with Aurora.

I think a great idea would to essentially match FLE's offerings, with Frontierland themes. An E-Ticket thrill ride or dark ride set in the wild west. An animatronic dinner show in a saloon, and then potentially a play area with M&G's ala Grizzly Trail. It would be smart to do this because that would really give MK some room to breathe again and allow Disney to focus on the other parks in the long term future.

Where can Frontierland expand, I didn't think they had any space to expand :veryconfu Duckberg :cool:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom