Frontierland Expansion Rumor

Krack

I don't understand how anyone could advocate removing/demolishing a section of any Orlando park,* when there is plenty of room to build new attractions/lands surrounding the parks. It's not like Anaheim where TDA is surrounded by third-party commercial real estate.

*Except for SGE, of course. Everyone knows that should be dismantled post-haste.

I'm surprised Frontierland of all things is being considered to counter the "girly" nature of the FLE expansion, if that is its purpose. What about ideas to turn the Adventureland veranda into a Pirate/Hero based character restaurant, or bringing in an English version of Tokyo's Stitch Tiki Room, or a TRON attraction should the new movie be a hit? I guess maybe this is less expensive, but would it have the same strength of appeal to a "boys" audience as FLE does to girls? Of course this questioning is based largely on the lack of information that comes with the rumor.

I'm not too familiar with Hong Kong's expansion, but I like the idea of improving the Rivers of America (like Disneyland did this year) or Tom Sawyer's Island with new features. Same with bringing back a saloon revue style show to the Diamond Horseshoe.
Thats one of the problems right now, no one knows whats going to happen or be built in this expansion. Lee and many other insiders on these boards said that they werent given any specifics, they just stated that many ideas for rides and attractions were on the table waiting to be greenlit.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I know, but you have to admit it takes up an awful lot of space for 900 guests per hour.

It just seems that the space could be used more wisely.
Maybe, but I admit more the theme, tone and atmosphere it creates is so worth keeping it like that for. Even if the River is not nearly as alive as it used to be.

To me filling in the river is akin to concreting over the Hub. That takes up a lot of space too.

DonChi

Don´t know about you guys, but I think that refurb money should go to Tomorrowland, right now, it looks like there is no "tomorrow" in that land.:lookaroun

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
Maybe, but I admit more the theme, tone and atmosphere it creates is so worth keeping it like that for. Even if the River is not nearly as alive as it used to be.

To me filling in the river is akin to concreting over the Hub. That takes up a lot of space too.

Hey - now there's an idea. Nobody cares about the hub except during the fireworks anyway. Just imagine how many Stitch attractions we could cram in there. :animwink:

I do agree about the atmosphere of the ROA. Perhaps they could breath some new life into the area.

kaos

wait- I GOT IT! They could build an outdoor stage in front of the Liberty Belle loading station and have a live stage show, say, Mickey Mouse, in full Red, White and Blue does battle with Pete, dressed in Red with yellow emblems on his shoulder... Then, make you walk ALL THE WAY AROUND to enter the attraction... :lookaroun

Eric: Julie, wouldn't it be cool if we could take a picture of us with Dylan actually standing on the drawbridge in front of the castle?
Julie: Why can't we?
Eric: Well, we have to wait for Cinderellabraition to end I guess... Oh, wait, there's one of those WDW Security guys there making sure we DON'T take pictures....

Next Big Thing

The other thread got loaded with spam, nothing to do with it's content.

I've got nothing on anything happening in Frontierland yet. As far as I know it's just random internet rumor and isn't coming from anywhere credible.
Or is it just coming from a place that you for some reason have something against?

SeaCastle

Our river may not be as happening as ones across the other Parks, but I like it that way. Nothing beats taking a walk along the shady boardwalk (day or night) with the occasional riverboat floating by. Disneyland's is way too busy.

Out of all the places at Disney World, Frontierland seems like one of the places that least needs an expansion. It already has Big Thunder and Splash Mountain, two of the most recognizable and popular rides at Disney.

Effort would be better spent doing something more with Camp Minnie-Mickey. And why would they consider doing another Magic Kingdom expansion before the Fantasyland one is even open?

Mickey is King

As I mentioned in a earlier post a few weeks ago----- it's comin' boys -n- gals

The changes/projects are "in the works"- some big one's too

patience young jedi

cheezbat

Yeah I've got to say...Frontierland is probably one of the most sound areas at the Magic Kingdom. I'd seriously much rather see a new Indiana Jones-ish adventure ride in Adventureland or the demolition of the Speedway for a new E-ticket in Tomorrowland. Either of these would make more sense to me, but hey...who am i to talk anyway? Just another fanboy dreaming.
The Frontierland expansion may make the most sense too seeing as how they probably have a few different ideas to build upon that are already being placed in other parks, or being looked at for other parks in the near future. Disney loves to clone attractions nowdays to save some money.

Why would they do another expansion of the Magic Kingdom before another park? I'll give you two reasons: Number 1:the Magic Kingdom is the most visited park in the world. They want to keep it that way. Number 2:because of that fact, they need attractions to keep guests busy in the park, and to keep them coming back to the park. The more things to do, the higher your overall capacity can be.

unkadug

As I mentioned in a earlier post a few weeks ago----- it's comin' boys -n- gals

The changes/projects are "in the works"- some big one's too

patience young jedi

If you can't even link to your alleged post, how do you expect us to find this post to see if there may be any validity to said claim? I'm certainly not going to try to read every post that you have made, even though it may only be 155.

Spike-in-Berlin

I'm confused as to why development in Frontierland would be under more serious consideration as opposed to Adventureland and Tomorrowland- lands that need the most work aesthetically. Frontierland already has two E-tickets and aside from Splash Mountain has a cohesive theme. Adventureland and Tomorrowland each have one E-ticket and are showing their age thematically.

AL has two E-tickets, PotC and JC.

Spike-in-Berlin

I realize that some will consider this heresy but....
Just get rid of the riverboat and ROA. It takes up too much space for so few people. Most major cities located on a river have a riverboat nowadays; it's just not that unique anymore. The space could be so easily re-purposed for several new attractions that could absorb a lot more people than the Riverboat ever thought about.
TSI would longer be an island, but the concept could stay tucked away in a corner somewhere. :shrug:

The riverboat is a classic and serves more functions than only being an additional ride. It brings something into FL what imagineers call kinetics, movement, sound, elements that increase the atmosphere and immersive qualities, that bring life into the area. The sound of the horn signal, the sight of the huge boat on the river, all that is an essential part of the theming of the entire area. And if the riverboat would be gone, without keel boats (and the extinct canoes) there would be no reason for a river at all.

unkadug

AL has two E-tickets, PotC and JC.

And in reality Frontierland would have three. The two mountains and CBJ.
eticket.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom