Frontierland Expansion Rumor

Duckberg

They can re-purpose Tom Sawyer Island or develop the area of land behind Big Thunder Mountain Railroad (which would be quite costly).

Ok, but not sure I'd like to see Tom Sawyer Island go. Yes, I know the flat boat ride over is SLOW its sure not a people mover. Duckberg :)

tirian

Management pressure to increase profit in a land that is behind the rest of the park.

Maybe.

The profit problem isn't FrL's fault. Higher-level management chose to shut down the Diamond Horseshoe and convert the stores into pin and prepackaged candy shops. They essentially made FrL into two E-ticket thrill rides, a solid AA show, and an extremely popular quick-service restaurant, with no compelling merch shops. TSI is icing on the cake. :D

RadioHead

The profit problem isn't FrL's fault. Higher-level management chose to shut down the Diamond Horseshoe and convert the stores into pin and prepackaged candy shops. They essentially made FrL into two E-ticket thrill rides, a solid AA show, and an extremely popular quick-service restaurant, with no compelling merch shops. TSI is icing on the cake. :D

So assuming this does come out to fruition about the Frontier Land expansion...Does this involve adding another attraction like a dark ride of some sorts?

Buried20KLeague

Dead on.

SeaCastle

Will these problems be addressed? The Diamond Horseshoe was relatively recently refurbished, so it seems like a waste to put all of that money into fixing the thing and then leaving it dormant.

PalisadesPkteer

OK

So if they want to increase the profits in the area maybe then these things happen.

1. Re-open the Golden Horseshoe and operate it as an extra cost Dinner show in evening and maybe a restaurant during day. (Re-purposed)

2.Use some of that land in blue area shown before behind BTMRR as a water play area with lockers or a small rafting ride

3.Re-purposed TSI or at least some of it to something along the lines like DL did to ROA and re-open Aunt Polly's with lunch menu like it used to have.(They could do a DL make over to POTC theme)

You would add 2 eating areas with sales potential from POTC, DL ROA merchandise, lockers, Dinner show and a ride.

But if Big things are coming then something is going to have to go away you would think.
Maybe re-purposing ALL of TSI.

_Scar

I so wish they could somehow pass Princess and the Frog into MK.

Tiana's Place could be a killer restaurant (Tiana's restarant in the movie) and there could be a cute dark ride. The movie is practically made for a classic dark ride.

IWant2GoNow

Tiana's Place could be a killer restaurant (Tiana's restarant in the movie) and there could be a cute dark ride. The movie is practically made for a classic dark ride.

Couldn't agree more. There were times in that movie where I felt like I was already IN a dark ride at Disney.

mp2bill

That would be nice.

mp2bill

newRoAroute.png

you'll notice in the image above that the ROA has been rerouted to fill in parts to connect it in with parts of TSI. I'm not gonna sit here and say it's the best option (or easiest to execute), but it would definitely make getting to the expanded area a helluva lot easier and would still leave the Yellow plot open for potential future expansion on LS or FL. I know that that's very far fetched and will likely never happen, just thought i'd throw that out there.

Image Source: exprcoofto

Cool pic. I like the idea! Did exprcoofto do this is Photoshop? While very expensive, I think it would add some great new land for some more attractions at my favorite MK land. Also, I like that it keeps FrL and LS separate, but doesn't make it a total pain to get to, while also keeping TSI and the riverboat open.

FigmentJedi

And you could do a little Facilier show based on Museum of the Weird.

GenerationX

Thanks for the map with the outlines, Next Big Thing. I think the red area (northern part of TSI) is the likely spot for an expansion. They would need another boat shuttle to handle the additional traffic, but somewhere east of the BTMRR entrance another boat launch could be added. This seems like the easiest way to expand Frontierland.

Mr. Morrow

If the film was better I would agree with you.

hrcollectibles

A lot of rumblings have been going on the past couple of days. Rumors of a major Frontierland expansion have been said to be in the works, confirmed by multiple sources. I think this would be a great addition to the Magic Kingdom. It would definitely be something for males to counteract the FLE. Not to say that FLE is for girls but I think the majority of guys aren't giddy with join over making birthday cards with Aurora.

I think a great idea would to essentially match FLE's offerings, with Frontierland themes. An E-Ticket thrill ride or dark ride set in the wild west. An animatronic dinner show in a saloon, and then potentially a play area with M&G's ala Grizzly Trail. It would be smart to do this because that would really give MK some room to breathe again and allow Disney to focus on the other parks in the long term future.

What is M&G?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom