Frontierland Expansion Rumor

wizards8507

I so wish they could somehow pass Princess and the Frog into MK.

Tiana's Place could be a killer restaurant (Tiana's restarant in the movie) and there could be a cute dark ride. The movie is practically made for a classic dark ride.

I think it's too new to determine it's lasting impact. Pixar, for example, has become a cultural phenomenon, but I don't think Princes & the Frog will have the longevity of the "true" classics or the instant bang of the Pixar attraction(s). If we DO see Princess and the Frog, I think it will be theming updates at Port Orleans.

bgraham34

I think it's too new to determine it's lasting impact. Pixar, for example, has become a cultural phenomenon, but I don't think Princes & the Frog will have the longevity of the "true" classics or the instant bang of the Pixar attraction(s). If we DO see Princess and the Frog, I think it will be theming updates at Port Orleans.

I would have to agree with your statement. While the movie is rather good and would make a great dark ride it is a type of movie that just never took off. It is a shame.

Mr. Morrow

I would have to agree with your statement. While the movie is rather good and would make a great dark ride it is a type of movie that just never took off. It is a shame.

I put P&TF with Mulan, while it was very good it is not a classic like B&TB, Aladdin, or LIon KIng.

CarlFredricksen

Very interesting. I share your thoughts on the riverwalk/New England area.

What I was wondering about is that area north of the blue outline and outside the tracks. I was envisioning a mini-land with a new train station that plays a crucial part in the theming. Possibly even being the only way to access this new land. Perhaps than Walt would forgive building outside the rail if a steam train was integral to the backstory. The possibilities are nearly limitless. :)

From back on page 3...I don't know if this question was ever answered. What is the area outside of the tracks, north of the 'blue' area that was colored out in the map?

CarlFredricksen

If FL was to expand, I think Radiator Springs could be a nice addition that would theme well with the area. Some one made the point a few pages ago that he never takes his child back to the current FL because there is nothing back there for little kids, and someone else pointed out that area doesn't generate enough revenue. A small radiator springs town with a Cars dark ride and restaurant could solve both those problems, and serve as the 'boys area' to the FLE.

And if plotted out correctly it could be north-east of current BTMRR (in the red and yellow area that someone previouslly drew up), and could open up into the FLE to create a much better flow.

World Traveler

If I were Disney, my next expansion would be south of Pirates of the Caribbean. I would put in a looping roller coaster that's mostly indoors of an ancient looking temple/pyramid structure. You could tie it in with the Jungle Book. Connect it via the PoTC exit road, path it under a re-themed railroad bridge, and there you go. I think a strong thrill ride ala ToT is something that is missing in MK and would make families with teens very happy. This way you would also disperse the crowds better with another Space Mountain type ride on the other side of the park. This would certainly help bring in additional revenue in a part of the park that is largely deserted (especially in later hours).

IF Frontierland is hurting revenue wise, it's a merchandise issue. Improve the merchandise and things get better. A CBJ show that was updated with newer country songs / humor / stereotypes would be an improvement as well.

CarlFredricksen

Radiator Springs would ruinthe theming of FL as the theming of FL is of the old west not the current west.

I Agree they are from different times, however the both incorporate the 'old west' theme. While RS isn't from the 1800's, it's not from 2000s either. If done correctly, the big red mountains of BTMRR would flow great into a radiator springs, and RS could be a great addition north-east of BTMRR.

It wouldn't be smack in the middle of the land, but more of a transition area. Similar to how liberty square sort of transitions into FL, same for this thought; transition from FL to RS.

World Traveler

Radiator Springs in FL is out of place as FL is the 1800s - early1900s wild west. Radiator Springs is 1950s-1960s Route 66 nostalgia.

A re-theming of the Tomorrowland Speedway to a Cars theme would be a much better use of that franchise in MK.

Mr. Morrow

I Agree they are from different times, however the both incorporate the 'old west' theme. While RS isn't from the 1800's, it's not from 2000s either. If done correctly, the big red mountains of BTMRR would flow great into a radiator springs, and RS could be a great addition north-east of BTMRR.

It wouldn't be smack in the middle of the land, but more of a transition area. Similar to how liberty square sort of transitions into FL, same for this thought; transition from FL to RS.

It just wouldn't work there is a very good chance however that Radiator Springs could be added to DHS.

CarlFredricksen

Radiator Springs in FL is out of place as FL is the 1800s - early1900s wild west. Radiator Springs is 1950s-1960s Route 66 nostalgia.

A re-theming of the Tomorrowland Speedway to a Cars theme would be a much better use of that franchise in MK.

I agree that Cars as a single attraction could be worked well into Indy Speedway, however I also think that Cars as a land and an opportunity for Disney to generate more revenue could be worked well into the FL area due to the fact both FL and RS are from an old west theme. I understand the point that it isn't from the same era, and that's exactly why I think it could be a great addition. MK already tells a story as you enter adventureland, into frontierland, through LS and into tomorrow land, so the addition of RS would help expand the story MK is already designed to tell. Is Laugh Floor best suited in tomorrow land? No, but it's themed well enough that it works and no one really questions it because it looks like it should be there. Same thing here. RS will look like it should be there, so it won't ruin any theming while generating more revenue to that part of the park and bringing more little kids back there.

It just wouldn't work there is a very good chance however that Radiator Springs could be added to DHS.

If Pixar land is expanded at DHS than I agree with this.

puntagordabob

Yes, but the rumors are about re-purposing already existing infrastructure rather than expanding into a previously undeveloped area.

Thats a bunch of CRAP! 48 square miles of land and they have to BULLDOZE existing attractions... stupid strategy!

I know, but you have to admit it takes up an awful lot of space for 900 guests per hour.

It just seems that the space could be used more wisely.

The Riverboat and ROA is a huge portion of WHAT makes Frontierland what it is! Basing something as expendable simply because of a people count is not a good idea on many levels.

.... What about ideas to turn the Adventureland veranda into a Pirate/Hero based character restaurant, or bringing in an English version of Tokyo's Stitch Tiki Room, or a TRON attraction should the new movie be a hit?
.... Same with bringing back a saloon revue style show to the Diamond Horseshoe.

The Tiki Room needs the Disneyland show at WDW....its THAT simple.... as for a true expansion of AL, that would be welcome...so long as it is not simply a bulldoze of something to make room....

I agree with you on the Diamond Horseshoe!
As I mentioned in a earlier post a few weeks ago----- it's comin' boys -n- gals

The changes/projects are "in the works"- some big one's too

patience young jedi

Hope it includes the Disneyland version of The Tiki Room....

Country Bears were an E-TICKET? Goodness gracious. I wouldn't even consider them a D-ticket.

CBJ is a Quality show...made from scratch...no movie tie-ins when it was made... using AA's which is something Disney should get back to...TV screens and such are no comparison! Same as our Tropical Serenade was/ Disneyland's Enchanted Tiki Room is.....

Seems like sometimes so many people today are happier with dumbed down versions of everything......or have no attention span...or if they dont see a movie tie-in they do not like it...

steve2wdw

WDW Fan Since 1973
The world was a much different place back in the early 70s. Back in the day CBJ had lines that would rival TSMM.

I remember when we would have to wait through at least 2 show cycles before getting into the lobby. At one time, the candy store between the entrance and exit was actually part of the queue. The HoP used to have huge lines too. The structure to the left of the entry was a covered queue, now it's just a shade structure for fruit sales.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom