From the Press Event - New celebration to be called "What Will You Celebrate?"

vxangelkissxv

Well that's disappointing. And what about annual passholders? What do we get? A pat on the head and a "Happy Birthday"? Granted, I have been to the World four times during YOAMD and never once got anything. But this announcement is still seriously disappointing :(

BrerSchultzy

This is getting a very timid "woo" from me. There are SOOOOOO many families who can't go during birthdays or anniversaries (during the school year, etc.) and many families who will have to choose whose birthday to celebrate by going to WDW. In better times, this would be a nice "perk", but as a promotion it's really flat.

mpaul32001

Well that's disappointing. And what about annual passholders? What do we get? A pat on the head and a "Happy Birthday"? Granted, I have been to the World four times during YOAMD and never once got anything. But this announcement is still seriously disappointing :(

When you read the thread, you shall know young padwan. :p

EpcotServo

Celebration called

What Will You Celebrate?"

And at specially marked "Rock N Roller Coaster" Limotrains, you can hear "What kind of ride are you on?"!

"Do you know how many Birthdays there are in a year? Hundreds. Literally, Hundreds."
-Master Shake, Aqua Teen Hunger Force

:lol:

BrerSchultzy

AP holders can get a gift card equal to a one day admission ($72) or 4 FPs per party member (up to 6 guests).

kcw

Interesting - you'll be able to book characters!

Wonder how much the character experience that you can book is going to cost??

I'm curious myself what the Character Experiences will cost, because let me tell you....I am getting married December 11th, 2008 and Mickey and Minnie do NOT come cheap!

As for the character reservations and "My Disneyland Brithday Party"- why not include the prices in the press release? Must be sky high.

Before everyone goes crazy about this, look at the actual language. Special character experiences could easily just be character meals. Outside of weddings, I doubt there will be the ability to book characters for personal use. If there is the ability, keep in mind that wedding prices start at $500 per character for 30 minutes (I believe).

This is nothing new, people have always been able to book characters for private parties, conferences, etc. The prices are most definitely sky high. They differ depending on which characters you want though- Mickey/Minnie are more expensive than say Pinocchio. There are private parties all the time though where parents will book huge numbers of characters.

mpaul32001

If we get anything new, it's going to be entertainment. That new parade on Main Street is pretty much confirmed as the concept art has been released.

MyLittleAngels

There are private parties all the time though where parents will book huge numbers of characters.

Parents are crazy. People who give their children such elaborate parties end up with spoiled brats. I have three kids myself, and they have reasonable expectations because I don't waste money on such things.

anyone know how to register their birthdate on the website? I fully plan on taking advantage of this next year, for all 5 of us. Five fun cards is quite a haul in souvenirs.

DISMOM

Wonder what the decorations for this promotion might be...I don't know...maybe the castle will look like.....a giant BIRTHDAY CAKE????

mpaul32001

Wonder what the decorations for this promotion might be...I don't know...maybe the castle will look like.....a giant BIRTHDAY CAKE????

You obviously haven't heard about the 25th Anniversary we had a while back have you? :p

CastlePho_op_450x600.jpg

wchoodjr190

To say the word free is a push, and people push to get free no to mention the afro mentioned or you didn't read the entire legal jargon so you for fit your free promotion.
From what I can tell this is laid out very well. Besides adding the extra stress to the vacationer to find the Birth certificates. This is definitely a push in the right direction.
As stated before this is a upside down economy and I for one a Florida resident jump at the oppertuinty to enjoy myself on what could be a dismal day of what could be if I had the money, to excitment and fun I would normally pay upwards of $ 400.00 for I now get for free. I mean it could be a whole lot worse
Year of A Million Dreams 3 with Regis and Kelly live from the Magic Kingdom 365 days:hurl:

Now come and get your free porridge

momofnine

Since they are letting everyone in free on their birthday lets hope they don't plan on bringing back the 'castle cake' to go with this theme!

As others have said, its not really much of a value. Esp. for those who buy multiday passes...how many one day tickets do they sell? Could be more bother than its worth. If you are on the dining plan do you just buy your own birthday meals???

Your meals come from your resort.. from your night stay, your stay 3 nights you get 3 days of meals. They do not come from your park passes.:wave:

DisneyGigi

This is nothing new, people have always been able to book characters for private parties, conferences, etc. The prices are most definitely sky high. They differ depending on which characters you want though- Mickey/Minnie are more expensive than say Pinocchio. There are private parties all the time though where parents will book huge numbers of characters.

I knew that you could do that just wondered if there was something new that you could do as a part of this.

Sounds like with the exception of the birthday thing, it isn't that much. We always go on our anniversary and to be honest I have always felt pretty special anyway with all the little things that they have done for us in the past two years. It is a fun place to celebrate. We go every year for it, sounds like that will be even more fun. :)

figmentisgreat

I see people mentioning birth certificates... why can't adults bring their drivers license? Shouldn't foreign travelers be able to use their passports which they will have to have anyway?

Mr Starky

My B-Day is right in the middle of August. My wife doesn't take well to the heat. I love it. So this is pretty much out for me. The last time we went (Nove 2005) it was still betwen 82-88 degrees and she couldn't handle it. Forget at the time of my B-Day.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom