From the Press Event - New celebration to be called "What Will You Celebrate?"

Ok, you caught me in a bad mood. Why is there always a cynic on everythread that sees everything that Disney does as a glass half full occasion. I havent been on this board in a while because of all the negativity all the time. If something bugs you that much that Disney does, dont go there, and for gods sake keep your negativity to yourself, or go join a political election team. As for me, im taking my family of 6 to Diseny, like we do every year, and having the best family vacation on Earth. :)
Hakuna Mafreakin'tata :animwink::animwink::animwink::animwink::animwink::animwink:

IDreamOfDisney

I see people mentioning birth certificates... why can't adults bring their drivers license? Shouldn't foreign travelers be able to use their passports which they will have to have anyway?

They can. But do you really need to have these documents in the park? The could get stolen, lost, damaged by water. This is a very high risk.

figmentisgreat

They can. But do you really need to have these documents in the park? The could get stolen, lost, damaged by water. This is a very high risk.

I suppose, but every time that I travel overseas, I make sure to always have my passport with me..if there is ever a fire, I wouldn't want to not be able to get home...I keep it in my wonderfully dorky pack

imamouse

I see people mentioning birth certificates... why can't adults bring their drivers license? Shouldn't foreign travelers be able to use their passports which they will have to have anyway?

Adults can bring official means of identification - drivers license, passport. Birth certifications are needed for children who do not have officially issued forms of government ID.

imamouse

What about the castle suite at WDW and the dreams suite over PotC at DL? I wonder how they will be used after YOAMD is over :shrug:.

EpcotServo

Oh, wait a minute....I just read through everything and there's nothing about family members of Cast Members!
:sohappy:

Do you know howamany T-Shirts would be bought with that?
:lol:

disneymoc

The more I think about this the more I think DIsney should have embraced their history. What does the Mad Hatter celebrate? Your Un-birthday!

Everyone should get in free on their UNBIRTHDAY. You have to pay $1,000 to enter on your actual birthday. That should keep those pesky park goers out of the way that actually want to celebrate something. :)

M:SpilotISTC12

I really think this sounds like a good idea but I could see this getting very out of hand. Im not too thrilled except for the get in free for your birthday but that is it. IMO. To be honest it sounds like Disney wants to get into the party planning business. This sounds like Disney is trying to plan parties for every single family. I think this will turn into a hassle for other guests.

shoppingnut

The birth certificate can be notarized copy. And as far as taking you passport, you should never leave it in a hotel room it could be stolen, it should always be on your person. In addition, when travelling with a passport it's also recommended that you have copies of it with you, just in case the original is lost, you can go to the embassy and prove who you are to get it replaced.

If you are worried about water damage, put it in a zip lock bag.

ugotzme

so did thay also send out a price list for all the add on goodies. i would love to know how much the room thems will be. birthdays in april, may and june. maybe thay will give us pass holders a break.

dazzer68

so apart frm the free entry for a couple of people, what else is there?
what is happening for the everyday non birthday guest?

krankenstein

I'm kind of meh about the whole celebration. However, the Fun Card thing is awesome! Too bad my Birthday falls on Easter this year. I won't be braving those crowds for any amount of money!

Captain Hank

[/LIST]
Really? Anyone know what the restrictions are going to be? Only for certain merch or something? What "participating locations" are included?

We're AP holders so that'd be WAY more interesting to me then admission itself.
Since I don't think anyone answered this yet:

The Birthday Fun Card will only be valid at Disney-owned and operated locations. Here are the official terms of use, as per a FAQ page buried deep in the Disney Parks site:

1. Card valid only on day issued.

2. You may use the Birthday Fun Card only towards the purchase of merchandise items at participating merchandise locations owned and operated by the owners of the Walt Disney World® and Disneyland® Resorts. The Birthday Fun Card may not be used towards the payment of Walt Disney World® or Disneyland® Resort Hotel room night folio charges, or a Disney Cruise Line® reservation aboard Disney Cruise Line®, or towards the purchase of any food and beverage items, alcohol, cigarettes, spa services and products, or personal services such as face painting, caricature drawings, hair braiding, and hair wrapping.

3. The Birthday Fun Card is also not accepted at Walt Disney World® Resort Operating Participant locations, including but not limited to, China, Japan, and Morocco pavilions at World Showcase in Epcot®, Arribas Brothers, Basin, Basin White, Cirque du Soleil, Curl by Sammy Duval, Ghiradelli, House of Blues, Hoypoloi, LEGO Imagination Center, Magic Masters, Magnetron, Niki Bryan Spas, Orlando Harley Davidson Store, Planet Hollywood, Rainforest Cafe, Richard Petty Driving Experience, Rubio Balloon Arts, SD Watersports, Sosa Cigar, Starabillias, Sunglass Icon, Surrey Bike Rental, Virgin Megastore, Wyland Galleries and any other locations or kiosks that are not owned and operated by the owners of the Walt Disney World® Resort.

4. The Birthday Fun Card is also not accepted at Disneyland® Resort Operating Participant locations or any other locations or kiosks that are not owned and operated by the owners of the Disneyland® Resort, including but not limited to, Midway Games, Names Unraveled, Jewel of Orleans, Silhouette Studio, Portrait Artists, Parasol Cart, Heraldry Shop, Crystal Shops (Crystal Arts & Crystal d'Orleans), Paradise Pier Face Painting, Airbrush Tattoos, Rubio Portrait Artist or at Downtown Disney® District locations except World of Disney® Store, Marceline's Confectionery, and the Downtown Disney® District Pin Cart. The Birthday Fun Card is also not accepted at Disneyland® Resort outdoor vending carts.

5. No portion of the Birthday Fun Card balances will be redeemed for cash.

6. The terms of acceptance of the Birthday Fun Card by participating Walt Disney World® or Disneyland® Resort locations may vary, check with individual locations for Birthday Fun Card program participation details.

7. The Birthday Fun Card will not be replaced if lost or stolen, except as may be required by law.

8. A damaged Birthday Fun Card will only be replaced if the original card is presented on the day such card was issued to the Guest Relations Lobby at Disney's California Adventure® Park or City Hall at Disneyland® Park. (My note: presumably, a damaged card will also be replaced at the equivalent locations at the Walt Disney World Resort)

9. The Birthday Fun Card may not be resold in any manner whatsoever.

10. The Birthday Fun Card may not be used towards the purchase of any Disney Dollars or gift certificates/cards.

11. The Birthday Fun Card is issued by and represents an obligation of Disney Gift Card Services, Inc.

12. The Birthday Fun Card is not a credit or debit card and carries no warranties, express or implied.

13. Disney Gift Card Services, Inc. is not responsible for any unauthorized use of your birthday fun card.

Exprcoofto

This sounds very interesting. I like the Fun Card idea - so you get a $75 dollar gift card to use that day in the park, a Birthday Fastpass, a 1 day Magic-Your-Way Ticket up to a year before it expires, AND free admission on your birthday? How cool is that! I wonder what will replace Dream along with Mickey - since that won't really fit anymore. There was also some concept art for "The call to “Celebrate Today!” goes out to guests, music floods the streets, dancing kicks into high gear and the parks become “the happiest party on Earth.”" The new add-ons to your vacation sound awesome too, but how much do they cost? LOL

Captain Hank

This sounds very interesting. I like the Fun Card idea - so you get a $75 dollar gift card to use that day in the park, a Birthday Fastpass, a 1 day Magic-Your-Way Ticket up to a year before it expires, AND free admission on your birthday? How cool is that! I wonder what will replace Dream along with Mickey - since that won't really fit anymore. There was also some concept art for "The call to “Celebrate Today!” goes out to guests, music floods the streets, dancing kicks into high gear and the parks become “the happiest party on Earth.”" The new add-ons to your vacation sound awesome too, but how much do they cost? LOL
You will have the choice of one from among the options you listed above. And, since Walt Disney World is still the place "Where Dreams Come True," (sigh) Dream-Along with Mickey still fits.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom