From the OS: Gator drags child into Seven Seas Lagoon

Status
Not open for further replies.

flynnibus

Premium Member
WDW's current "Resort Overview" of the Grand Floridian - "Bask on the white-sands beach ...":

I encourage you to read further in the discussion... :)

"Disney's own gallery doesn't even show it. You'll struggle to find the most basic references.. finding only things like 'white sand beaches for sunbathing' copy buried in a brochure - yet they won't dedicate the real estate in the page to photos of this thing.. instead chosing the pools, the marina, etc."

Which pretty much covers the header page and gallery you posted :)

thomas998

its unlikely but then so is getting eaten by an Aligator. In fact just in the stAte of Florida in 2015, 15 people contracted leporosy from Armadillos whereas in the entire United States over the last 40 years only 28 people have been killed by allgiators.

Yes... but how many people have died from the leprosy... Yes it used to be a life sentence a hundred years ago before antibiotics but its probably easier to treat than athletes foot.

FigmentFan3

image.png

Last edited:

21stamps

And not one thing I wrote even remotely suggested, as you wrote when quoting my post:

You are the one attempting to put words in my mouth. I politely ask you to stop.

As I linked to, and link to once again because you clearly did not read it the first time:

http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/...seven-seas-lagoon.914483/page-98#post-7271604

All of my suggestions are practical and have nothing to do with closing "the beaches, water sports, and pirate cruises."

I look forward to reading your apology for accusing me of something I did not write.
Keep looking forward to that apology.

It was a valid question directed at everyone who is posting photos saying that Disney promotes the water- as in going in the water. Especially directed at people posting photos of the 1980s and 90s.

asianway

Wow. That's crazy. I'm glad we didn't have that experience, I would have been furious! The cast members explained to the kids what they could could not do..and were right there with them. Yes, my kid likes to catch them on fire at home or away.
Special bonus multiplier for the high-risk marshmallow roasting within inches of the lake.

cindy_k

Looks like its just a stay out of the water fence. Dock style. Posts with rope railings. Nothing to stop a gator from coming up on to the beach, but enough to stop people from going into the water.
Of course people are more likely to walk up to it to lean on...

ParentsOf4

Notice I said remove, not destroy.

SOP is usually to catch and release elsewhere. Or has been in the past.
The problem is the people feeding the alligators.

As I understand it, once an alligator has been fed by humans, this becomes a learned behavior that cannot be unlearned. The alligator stops fearing people and no longer avoids them as it once did.

From the TV program I watched (recall that this program dates from before the recent tragedy), relocating an alligator does not work because the alligator will go through great lengths to return to its home. Hence the quote I mentioned earlier from these alligator experts:

"A fed alligator is a dead alligator."

Alligators in the wild that have been fed by humans inevitably have to be euthanized.

Disney needs to strenuously enforce a "don't feed the alligators" policy.

Last edited:

chiefs11

But they will stop people from getting too close to the water. If people continue to feed the gators, they might just climb over them. It would just take them longer to do so, so a guest could get to safety.
Yep....that's a people fence they're putting in, not a gator fence.

Thanks to you guys ( @FigmentFan3 and @cindy_k ) for posting/linking the pictures. It doesn't look horrible, I guess, considering how short notice it went in.

21stamps

Special bonus multiplier for the high-risk marshmallow roasting within inches of the lake.
I can't tell if you're being sarcastic or not.lol I have no fear of high risk while my child is continuing to roast marshmallows on that beach.
I would expect it. And anywhere else on property where there is any access to the water's edge.
Wow. Color me totally naive. I did not see this coming.

Hopefully..No word on the adventure cruises or water sports closing right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom