Frightening Spectro Rumor...

JimboJones123

Here is the minority opinion.

Likes both equally.

Yep. I said it.

Miss the old spectro masks thought. There was something hauntingly magical about it.

joe80x86

You are joking right? MSEP music is timeless thus the reason why it has not been changed and why games like Final Fantasy 7 stole it. Spectro's music is not timeless, it is soft and boring. Ask the castmembers they almost all agree with me. I am happy that MSEP will be here for the next two years.

So you feel the majority of castmembers like MSEP (has there been an official scientific poll or vote, if not this is simply your opinion). But in any case who cares:shrug:. They are employees not the customers.

Of course with that said I did enjoy seeing MSEP back in June. However summer is over and I would like Spectro back or a new parade. MSEP is good but it is just well.... dated and it shows.

IlikeDW

No spectro's music is timeless, msep's music is dated and annoying, its like blasting "it's a small world" through the park speakers for half an hour, or however long the parades take, bring back spectro.. The music and the soft changing lights are the perfect compliment to wishes.. why mess with a good thing?

msep came here for a summer promotion, summer is going to be officially over this weekend...bring spectro back asap, thank you

agree

puntagordabob

While I like Spectro, I love MSEP much more...as a child in the 70s I remember the MSEP at the WDW-MK very warmly!

Hope it stays for a couple years at least!

New parade from scratch that was not dumbed down nor stripped down cash wise would be nice down the road too for WDW...and why is it that MSEP and Spectri could not be rotated on different days throughout the year?

Stellajack

I'm going to chime in and agree that MSEP's music is annoying.

I remember a news item several years ago about a "TV entertainment news" announcer's voice that triggered seizures in a female viewer when she heard the announcer talk. The MSEP synthesized music irritates me to this same level. Even so, I will be there in less than two weeks to experience it.:hammer:

DisneyBoi1215

Here's a novel idea... how about a NEW parade? I'm not the biggest fan of parades all around, but it would be nice for us to get a brand new parade instead of a hand me down...

Technically, it's not a hand-me-down since WE gave them MSEP. While I do love both parades equally, I have to say MSEP is more timeless and it fits more within MK. I love seeing the crowds watching the parade.

_Scar

MSEP is very cold and lame imo

The music was great, but now it's HORRIBLE. Horrible. Worse than that 'Celebrate' crap.

Spectro is unique, and a TRUE 100% MK classic- like it or not. The music is grand and elegant and blends in and out in the parade magnificently.

If Spectro leaves I will be deeply upset. It's my classic.

hpyhnt 1000

Please don't let this be true. Spectro is a MK original; it should stay at WDW. While the MSEP is perhaps a bit more fun and upbeat in its musical tempo, for me Spectro just has a certain elegance and magic to it that the MSEP can't match. And I much prefer an actual orchestral composition rather than 20 minutes of constant synthesizer.

C'mon TDO; bring an updated Spectro back for the 40th. Or if you're not going to bring back Spectro, give us an all new parade.

Tigger1988

MSEP is an iconic Disney classic, it wouldn't have traveled the world and back if it weren't.

Spectro doesn't come close.

ncstate7991

I can hear the trumpets and the wonderful, timeless, classical, Spectro music in my head now!! Spectro music is way better and not annoying. The actual parades ... hmm, hard to say. I will give Spectro a slight nod on this one.

JWG

MSEP or other, I don't care but Spectro has run its lifespan and a new parade's time as come. Someone else can have Spectro for awhile.

I do like Spectro, but look forward to seeing MSEP again soon.
Change = good

Mansion Butler

I love both. If it were possible, I'd like them to alternate and I could always be happy.

What I'd like even more, though, would be a new parade that thrills me as much as those do the first time I saw them as children.

_Scar

MSEP is an iconic Disney classic, it wouldn't have traveled the world and back if it weren't.

Spectro doesn't come close.

Spectro is MK classic. Why give it up if the fans love it here so much? It should evolve over time, but essentially stay the same theme-wise and music-wise and it should never leave the MK.

Give DHS MSEP, let MK keep its baby.

Tigger1988

Spectro is MK classic. Why give it up if the fans love it here so much? It should evolve over time, but essentially stay the same theme-wise and music-wise and it should never leave the MK.

Give DHS MSEP, let MK keep its baby.

I'm sure just as many people love MSEP or else it wouldn't have returned (again).

Why would DHS have the MAIN STREET Electrical Parade? It's bad enough DCA changed the name to Disney's Electrical Parade.

Future Guy

MSEP was Disney's first stab at a nighttime parade. Spectro is version 2.0, and I think it's a more refined show. I understand that a lot of people have precious childhood memories of MSEP, and I certainly can't hold that against them. Heck, if my family had ever stayed past dark during our WDW trips in the '80s, I might have some precious MSEP memories myself.

I don't dislike MSEP, (although the Up With America float at the end is so ridiculously huge and overdone it makes it look like the USA is compensating for something), but I do hope that Spectro isn't gone forever.

_Scar

I'm sure just as many people love MSEP or else it wouldn't have returned (again).

Why would DHS have the MAIN STREET Electrical Parade? It's bad enough DCA changed the name to Disney's Electrical Parade.

Well, you never know! MSEP has many fans, but usually Spectro fans are very emotionally invested.

In other words, MSEP is American Idol. Crowd pleaser, millions of fans, cheesy. Spectro is Lost. Acquired taste but once you give it time and understand it you're hooked for good.

:lol::animwink:

Tigger1988

Well, you never know! MSEP has many fans, but usually Spectro fans are very emotionally invested.

In other words, MSEP is American Idol. Crowd pleaser, millions of fans, cheesy. Spectro is Lost. Acquired taste but once you give it time and understand it you're hooked for good.

:lol::animwink:

You should really speak for yourself, and only yourself. I and others I know personally, are very emotionally invested in MSEP.

Going to ignore the TV show comparisons...

Well, boo!

MSEP is classic, and I love it - I have fond childhood memories of sitting on the Main Street curb watching it. The music, oh the music - it became my adulthood cell phone ringtone!

And then they announced the return for summer, and on June 15 I was abuzz with excitement as we waited on that same curb - and the music started. And they CHANGED it. And it stunk!!! And I was heartbroken. And I could not believe I found myself standing there at the end of the parade, actually pining for Spectro.

If you were offering me more of the true, original MSEP, I'd say sure. But, counting down to January, well, I'll shock myself by wishin', hopin', and prayin' for the return of Spectro!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom