Free Dining

Tink313

Original Poster
As did I! When the operator saw the price for my trip she was like "I have to book a vacation for myself." It was rather amusing. Plus I'm going on my birthday.

Have a great time & have a Happpy Brithday :wave:. I think you have the best present

Im so excited.:D This is the first time I am going for 11 nights my trip goes into September (first time too:D Aug.25-Sept 5) :sohappy: Im really looking foward to MNSSH party:p That would be a first for me too. And this is all thanks to the free dining:slurp: I was able to extend my day.:king:

EaglesfanNJ

:sohappy: Well, i wanted to share my good news with everyone here too! I quickly called my travel agent this morning to find out what the scoop is. She quickly called me back to advise that going with the free dining plan over my (previously booked) 40% code would save me over $300 on our trip....all i had to do was put another $200 deposit down with my Disney Card and it was a done deal, didn't have to change my dates or anything! We leave Sept 27th - Oct 3rd and are going for over 300 less than we expected. Let the countdown begin!

WDWmazprty

:sohappy: Well, i wanted to share my good news with everyone here too! I quickly called my travel agent this morning to find out what the scoop is. She quickly called me back to advise that going with the free dining plan over my (previously booked) 40% code would save me over $300 on our trip....all i had to do was put another $200 deposit down with my Disney Card and it was a done deal, didn't have to change my dates or anything! We leave Sept 27th - Oct 3rd and are going for over 300 less than we expected. Let the countdown begin!

Congrats! But why did you have to put another $200 down?

EaglesfanNJ

The only thing i can think of is......Because the offer is good to Disney VISA Card holders, you have to book it using the Disney Card. I should have clarified, the $200 had to be done using my Disney card, my original reservation was not booked that way.

Tink313

Original Poster
I had to do the samething. They want a full 200 on your dvc. I only had to put 100 down this morning (already had put 100 using the card before):eek: I dont know why. I thought all you needed was to give them the card # as proof. Very different then last year.

Does anyone know if you can get the AAA room rate and the free dining? I would have sworn about 4 years ago I was able to get a discounted room when I booked a trip with the free dining promotion.

wannabeBelle

Disney has never allowed a combination of discounts, You always must select one or the other so it is Free Dining OR a AAA rate on your package. Belle

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
Disney has never allowed a combination of discounts, You always must select one or the other so it is Free Dining OR a AAA rate on your package. Belle
**sniff**

I guess I'll just have to settle for the absolutely fantastic rate you got me on a Water view at Beach Club! No free dining for me... :(

:ROFLOL:

Have I mentioned how good you are recently? :kiss:

disneytopdog

I love this time of the year...The days when free dining goes on sale!!! Sadly I am not going this September for free dining for the first time in four years. BUT I am counting down my days till my first December Disney trip and MVMCP.

For you first timers at free dining..ITS AWESOME, GET THOSE ADRS IN ASAP AT THE 90 DAY MARK!!!!!!!

EaglesfanNJ

TopDog (or anyone else that can chime in for me) I'm not a first time dining plan user, but it will be the first time i've called ahead to make ADR's. Last time i was there, we did it by the seat of our pants and just booked at the concierge when we got there, we had odd dining times, but it was just the wife and I, no kids, and we did not mind. This time with a baby, i'm not taking a chance. So i need some tips from you..

1) We arrive in Disney Sept 27th, so by my count i'm calling June 29th, which is a Monday to make ADR's. Now when i do this, how does it work? Can i make ADR's for my entire trip that day? We are there until Oct 3rd. What time can i start calling in the morning?
2) I'm fairly newer to the site and i have learned much, one of the common themes i read is EVERYONE talking about Le Cellier... do you all recommend Le Cellier? I love steak, the wife will eat steak too but is more partial to chicken, and the baby will just eat whatever we have. Any other dining or ADR tips you guys have for me is appreciated!

DisneyJoe

1) We arrive in Disney Sept 27th, so by my count i'm calling June 29th, which is a Monday to make ADR's. Now when i do this, how does it work? Can i make ADR's for my entire trip that day? We are there until Oct 3rd. What time can i start calling in the morning?

http://pscalculator.net/pscalc.php is a tool that will calculate the proper date.

If you are a Disney resort guest, you can make up to 10 days worth of ADR's when you call on that first day. If you are offsite, you need to call back each day.

I believe 1-407-WDW-DINE opens at 7am EST.

sueuk

Yes you can make your ADRs for your full trip on the 90 day mark.
If you like steak Le Cellier is fab; there is also Yachtsman Steakhouse, Captain's Grille (both at the Yacht Club); Raglan Road has a bit of everything; Liberty Tree Tavern is a favourite too; Boma is a great buffet, (and for QS meals Pecos Bills and Flame Tree BBQ).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom