Free Dining Rumor

New2WDW

I'm new here, too, but I seem to have the opposite problem of many of you. We're going the first week in October, and I'm hoping they'll extend the deadline until the end of September since we could take advantage of it for our whole trip (if the deadline was Sept. 29 or 30). And while I would LIKE to consider taking my kids out of school a week early like New2WDW (I'm kidding, just like her), my husband and I are teachers, so that's out :). Since I'm a Disney Visa cardholder, maybe I'll find out soon enough.

Welcome to the boards alexaveryq! (In my best Male voice)...:lookaroun ...yes I am not a she. :lol: Anyway, where are ya'll staying that first week? We are planning 9/29 - 10/6 at ASMovies - hopefully

janine51

DVC members and free dining?

Does anyone have any experience of 'free dining' for DVC members? We have booked for Boardwalk from 3rd Sept - 13th Sept and free dining would be the icing on the cake!:ROFLOL:

Disneyfalcon

Yea for Brer Dad!! You're keeping our hopes alive!

I am officially a "planning nazi" I have made all our dining ressies! After a 4 am call this morning that is!

But no fear, those who have been talking bad about we who plan ahead and prebook! I intend to use every one of them! And I do not have any times double booked! And - if something should happen and we can not go in September (like no free dining!!:lookaroun ) then I will promptly cancel all reservations!

We're going to eat like kings!!!:sohappy:

joyDisney

Sorry for the confusion...I was answering the question about the dates the free dining is available and just quick quoted the package that appears in the upcoming ad. The ad says "FREE DINING it's delicious, don't believeus ask the dishes" and quotes a 5 night 6 day package for $455 per adult based on double occupancy offer avail most nights 8/26 to 9/22 (this is with the free dining). I had to type fast, my boss was coming towards my desk, and this is supposed to be confidential.

I am not an insider, I work for a company that Disney advertises with. I just happen to see the ad in a magazine proof. The OP mentioned that touringplans.com listed April 12 as the first day to book this, I can't confirm that, but here's hoping!

What magazine (and the month) will this ad be in? Any other news?

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
After april I will call every hour on the hour till I get the answer im looking for. God help them!! :fork:
As if they care! :rolleyes:

Honestly, you'll just be wasting your own time and effort. No-one at WDW-DINE will likely even notice. They have lots of operators and they get paid just as much if you're wasting your time as if they're booking ADRs for guests. If you happen, by chance, to get the same CM more than twice in a short enough period for them to recognize you as a repeat caller you'll be beating amazing odds.

If history repeats itself, you'll have ample notice that they've decided to do a free dining promotion on these forums and be told when they will start accepting bookings before it starts. Relax! You'll give yourself a coronary!

figment1985

No relaxing Monty! We must defeat the system! :lookaroun :lookaroun

I can see brer dad taking his phone in the shower, or holding two cell phones to both ears asking the question "WILL you HAVE FREE DINING?" to two different CM's at once! :ROFLOL:

shanny

oh dear. this cannot be good. for the cms that is. only good for us. at least we dont have to worry about being the last to know with brer dad on our side :)

alexaveryq

Hey, New2WDW, sorry for calling you a "girl"...I should've known it was a dad saying that about pulling the kids out of school, though:ROFLOL: (kidding of course). We haven't decided where we'll be staying. If there's no free dining, we were planning on going down Sunday, Sept. 30th, and staying at either POP or Movies (we stayed at POP last January and our kids loved it, so we'll leave it up to them).

BRER DAD

I had a dream I was handcuffed to one of the teacups while castmembers threw turkey legs and caseys hot dogs at me screaming "no free dining". It is safe to say im going nuts.:ROFLOL:

figment1985

I had a dream I was handcuffed to one of the teacups while castmembers threw turkey legs and caseys hot dogs at me screaming "no free dining". It is safe to say im going nuts.:ROFLOL:

oh my goodness thanks for the laugh this morning, I needed it (my car got broken into :( this morning)

Monty whats with the -->:shrug: we are making an effort to help find out info!

JimboJones123

I'm sure, being a call center, that the CMs actually like these calls. They are usually short and to the point. The last time I made 3 reservations, it took over 15 minutes to get all the mumbo jumbo out of the way about non-smoking, needing a park ticket, arrive early, ect. These easy question calls help them keep their call time down. I'm sure they must be getting some kind of bonus if they have shorter call times. Especially the way some CMs treat callers. Most are awesome though. Maybe they chart that I call every 2 weeks leading up to a trip w/ something new.

mary219

I have decided (and i can't believe , i have let it get to me like this,but i have:lookaroun )anyway,i have decided that .....if free dining starts aug.26 ,i am going to change my ressies again and stay until wed sept 5th.And there is a chance(not sure yet)that ....my kids will miss the first day of school......I know i know its not good,but i can't help it.The idea of missing free dining by a few days is consuming me.I just can't take it.I must conquer the free dining obsession and that will only happen if i have free dining.Then i can have closure.thank you for reading my insanity.:hammer:

New2WDW

Hey, New2WDW, sorry for calling you a "girl"...I should've known it was a dad saying that about pulling the kids out of school, though:ROFLOL: (kidding of course). We haven't decided where we'll be staying. If there's no free dining, we were planning on going down Sunday, Sept. 30th, and staying at either POP or Movies (we stayed at POP last January and our kids loved it, so we'll leave it up to them).

That's all right! :zipit: I am trying to get all my numbers crunched to see our exactly how long we are going to be able to stay with or without the Dining Plan! Free then :slurp: Not Free then:cry:

disneycrazy1998

go Brer Dad....keep us all informed. anticipation is driving me crazy. I check on-line eveyday and have called disney a few times myself. I have never got a "no" just a " wait & see" Also..not sure what thread I was on..BUT someone said something about an email from disney visa with early notice about free-dining...I am a visa member and I never get emails ...will someone please keep an update on that also...Thanks Ü

Disneyfalcon

Okay I have unconfirmed news!!

Someone on intercot is saying they got a AAA newsletter today that said there would be free dining! They said you don't have to be a AAA member. They said the dates are August 5-October 3!! They said the DW reservation person said it would go into effect in the next couple of days to a week!

I have no earthly idea if this person is reliable, but it seems like an odd thing to make up! SO maybe it's true!!!:sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy:

Anyone else get AAA newsletters?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom