Free Dining Rumor

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
Would labor day weekend be blocked out for this deal?Lets say i rebooked my trip to start on the 26th and stayed through labor day weekend.Or is so crowded labor day weekend it would not be worth it?
It wouldn't be blocked out. As to "worth it", if you've got ADRs, how crowded WDW is won't affect your eating... It might impact your enjoyment of the parks.

But I'm not sure it gets all that bad for the Labour Day weekend... I've neve4r been myself, but I've heard. :shrug:

autigger

We are also thinking about beginning our trip on the 22nd if it is indeed the rule this year that we could get free dining for our entire trip.

New2WDW

FREE DINING!:brick: Can't wait to hear! and then we can start a new "I'm so happy I got it" :p or either an "I'm so mad I missed it" :mad: thread for everyone to enjoy!

Confession: If it indeed does end on Sept. 22nd I am really thinking about taking my girls outta school a week early so as to catch the deal!:hammer: Is that so bad?

figment1985

FREE DINING!:brick: Can't wait to hear! and then we can start a new "I'm so happy I got it" :p or either an "I'm so mad I missed it" :mad: thread for everyone to enjoy!

Confession: If it indeed does end on Sept. 22nd I am really thinking about taking my girls outta school a week early so as to catch the deal!:hammer: Is that so bad?

lol @ your comment about starting a new thread.. I hope that happens.

It's not a big deal about taking your kids out of school, who cares, they'll learn whatever they missed eventually, or you can have them double up their work or bring it with them on the trip.

I will have just started my third semester of college and I am taking all these research courses and spanish, so I know I'll be missing a lot..but do I care? NO! Disney is so worth making a zero, lol! ;)

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!

Aaaaaaand.....Pandora's box was just opened. This (along with such things as the ethics of reusing your mug from trip to trip) is one of about four "hot topics" that people are always quite passionate about here. As a teacher, you can probably guess where I come down on this issue, but you know your own children and whether they stand to miss a week of school.

mary219

school first, Disney a very close second. And at Yale, drinking a very close 3rd.

well if i make disney first,does that mean my kids will never get to yale??what to do, what to do?ummmmm,history has shown that most kids in my family graduate from a cuny or suny college in NY,so........ok disney first( if there is free dining)ok so i am not the most responsible parent.:lookaroun :lookaroun but it is free dining:slurp: besides they can always drink at brooklyn college(hopefully not)

BRER DAD

So the kids miss a little school, big deal. Just think of the memories they will have the rest of their life. Here in N.Y. we have a school that is starting to send you a bill if your child misses school (its not maditory, and it counts as a donation):ROFLOL: . I cant imagine the bill my parents would have gotten when I was a kid!!

shanny

wow this is my first post! i must say once i heard about the free dining, and all the details, i was sooo excited! i am going to disney on my honeymoon in august and this will save us sooo much money, not to mention restaurants we wouldnt be able to afford to eat in alot otherwise. im really looking forward to posting and reading in here!! :wave:

New2WDW

OK--enough.

Let's PLEEZE not go there.

You may resume you normal activities.
Yes! The skipping school thought...:lookaroun ....what was I thinking! I am glad you people have set me straight! :lol: My girls love school and after actually asking them they do want to go to WDW but really do not want to miss school! I only missed 2 days my entire K-12 grades. Hey, I was shy and had nothing better to do!:zipit:

BEEP.........Now back to our regularly scheduled FREE DINING topic. :D

figment1985

wow this is my first post! i must say once i heard about the free dining, and all the details, i was sooo excited! i am going to disney on my honeymoon in august and this will save us sooo much money, not to mention restaurants we wouldnt be able to afford to eat in alot otherwise. im really looking forward to posting and reading in here!! :wave:

welcome shanny! The free dining has not been officially announced yet, but if you stick around here, you'll be one of the first to know! (since all of us are insane:lookaroun )

alexaveryq

I'm new here, too, but I seem to have the opposite problem of many of you. We're going the first week in October, and I'm hoping they'll extend the deadline until the end of September since we could take advantage of it for our whole trip (if the deadline was Sept. 29 or 30). And while I would LIKE to consider taking my kids out of school a week early like New2WDW (I'm kidding, just like her), my husband and I are teachers, so that's out :). Since I'm a Disney Visa cardholder, maybe I'll find out soon enough.

I'm new here, too, but I seem to have the opposite problem of many of you. We're going the first week in October, and I'm hoping they'll extend the deadline until the end of September since we could take advantage of it for our whole trip (if the deadline was Sept. 29 or 30). And while I would LIKE to consider taking my kids out of school a week early like New2WDW (I'm kidding, just like her), my husband and I are teachers, so that's out :). Since I'm a Disney Visa cardholder, maybe I'll find out soon enough.

I have the same problem. We arrive on 9/27 and will leave on 10/4. My DH, however, does not want it to be available on those dates. He thinks the parks will be less crowded. I'm all about saving the $$:lol: .

BRER DAD

I called disney again just to see what they would say about the free dining. The cast member laughed and said "it may or may not be offered". I kept bugging her and she told me "I will just have to wait and see". So it wasnt an official no. She was very friendly, and she chuckled when I begged for her to give me a hint. I asked if she has had a lot of calls, she said "there has been a few". Guess we will have to keep waiting.........April starts sunday so it shouldnt be to long. This is more suspenceful then waiting for Christmas.

figment1985

I called disney again just to see what they would say about the free dining. The cast member laughed and said "it may or may not be offered". I kept bugging her and she told me "I will just have to wait and see". So it wasnt an official no. She was very friendly, and she chuckled when I begged for her to give me a hint. I asked if she has had a lot of calls, she said "there has been a few". Guess we will have to keep waiting.........April starts sunday so it shouldnt be to long. This is more suspenceful then waiting for Christmas.

hahahahah you crack me up. I bet you'll get the same person next time you call... then you can just say "do you know anything..umm today?":lookaroun

shanny

welcome shanny! The free dining has not been officially announced yet, but if you stick around here, you'll be one of the first to know! (since all of us are insane:lookaroun )

im not too worried about it, me and the fiance are using marie from kingdom konsultants. wouldnt have known about her if it werent for this forum! shes the greatest though...
about being insane. well. yeah...no comment... :ROFLOL:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom