Free Dining Rumor

figment1985

I think it's with some of the travel agencies that specialize in Disney. They know this discont is coming, and I am sure have clients who have told them, "the minute it is released, book it for me." I know I have already spoken with an agent, who intends to try to do just that for me when the Code becomes public.

Right, and that's understandable. I just wanted to find out for sure if Brer Dad spoke to someone at Disney World or a just Disney TA.

BRER DAD

When I called Disney directly one of the cast members said he was 100 percent positive there would be free dining. It is true that some cast memebers say they dont know, I have called several times and this has also happened. The waiting list, this was told to me by a travel agency that "specializes" in disney reservations, but dosnt work for disney. When making my reservations I always go through disney..........just easier for me. Some cast members are better then others. Some tell you more, some dont tell you anything. There have been many times that if I dont feel warm and fuzzy with the cast member im talking to, I hang up and call back. Somtimes I have gotten better deals and upgrades with a different cast memeber. Hope this makes some kind of sense. :)

mary219

When i first started planning my trip last month,a cm also told me free dining would be offered to check back later on in spring.Members of this board told me cms will answer anything quickly especially if they are busy.I have come to realize they were right.I think travel agents are waiting for the release as we all are and are telling their clients they will take care of them as soon as its released.I feel like i have been planning this trip forever and it has only been a few weeks.I have revised my plans over and over based on what i read on these boards!! feel like an oldtimer already.
But remember not everyone planning a trip to disney is checking the internet forums.I think only a small percentage is actually checking out these type of forums.So we should all be able to get in on the free dining (i hope!!!!)Its the wait that is tortureous.I know for my family it will be the difference from lots of fun restaurants to cereal in the room (most mornings)and a few fun restaurants.Either way we are going to disney!!!!:ROFLOL: :ROFLOL: :ROFLOL: :ROFLOL: :wave:

BRER DAD

I have had some cast members that answer your question, and I have had cast members that claim they dont know. All depends on who you get. :brick:

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
I have had some cast members that answer your question, and I have had cast members that claim they dont know. All depends on who you get. :brick:

Which is of course so interesting. Doesnt Disney monitor those calls to reservations? Wouldn't they want all of their employees to be on the same page when talking to guests?

BRER DAD

Of everything I have read about making Disney reservations through Disney it always says hang up if your unhappy, and call back. There are so many operators that you will never get the same one. From my experiences its true.

aj_steig

I called Disney reservations over the weekend and asked about the free dining plan and the person said that she didn't know anything and that they are usually the "last to know" out of anyone. I had to laugh because it sounded like a funny excuse. :ROFLOL: You would think that the employees who book these vacations would be the very first to know these kinds of things (who else would know first besides upper management), but I don't know, I could be wrong.......:)

Anyway, I don't know about you, but the suspense is killing me! It's going to be a very long next couple of weeks, just waiting for something (if anything) to be released. If an advance email is sent out to the Disney Visa cardholders like last year, I will be sure to let everyone know!

figment1985

Anyway, I don't know about you, but the suspense is killing me! It's going to be a very long next couple of weeks, just waiting for something (if anything) to be released. If an advance email is sent out to the Disney Visa cardholders like last year, I will be sure to let everyone know!

Yeah if you get an email, please post asap. I'm not sure if I am still on the e-mail list...

The suspense if killing me too. Mostly because- if they don't offer free dining, my family cannot all go. I've gone twice without them (just with my fiancee), and they really want to go, but food cost too much for all 6 of them. I can't afford to pay for them.

MPitzen

I called Disney reservations over the weekend and asked about the free dining plan and the person said that she didn't know anything and that they are usually the "last to know" out of anyone. I had to laugh because it sounded like a funny excuse. :ROFLOL: You would think that the employees who book these vacations would be the very first to know these kinds of things (who else would know first besides upper management), but I don't know, I could be wrong.......:)

I have just recently got my Disney Visa, is there a way I can make sure I am on this 'list' that they would send this e-mail out to?

Thanks!

aj_steig

Hi MPitzen-

I am not sure you have to be on a "list" per say. I just authorize Chase (issuer of the Disney card) to send me any emails on updates or offers that are available through Disney (the most recent one I received was when Chase launched the Disney Visa member benefits website, I believe it was last week or the week before.) In terms of the advance email, I don't know if they would do it the same way or not last year, but the email I got last year (first week in April) was sent to the cardmembers explaining the package and the release date. If I remember correctly, card members also had a couple days to book before it was released to the public (someone correct me if I'm wrong?). Whether they do it the same way or not, I have no idea, but it doesn't hurt to allow email updates if your're a cardmember. Always keeps me in the know!

The new site, in case you're interested, is www.disneyrewards.com

aj_steig

I just double checked my facts from last year (on mousesavers.com, Historical Information on WDW Discounts)....

The dining plan was offered last year to Disney Visa cardholders on April 1st 2006, and to the general public on April 4th, 2006 and was available for booking until June 4th (but I believe it was extended until June 25th?) The offer was for stays from August 13th until September 30th.

Here's the link if you want to check it out:
http://www.mousesavers.com/historicalwdwdiscounts.html

Again, I have no idea if they would do it the same way as last year or not, but if you're a cardholder, it doesn't hurt to authorize Chase to send you updates or emails on Disney info. Hope this helps!:wave:

mary219

[The suspense if killing me too. Mostly because- if they don't offer free dining, my family cannot all go. I've gone twice without them (just with my fiancee), and they really want to go, but food cost too much for all 6 of them. I can't afford to pay for them.[/quote]

Don't be so quick to count out going w/o the dining plan.I am only taking my 2 youngest this time ,but the first time in 2000.I took all 4 kids for a total of 6 people.We stayed off property,drove ourselves down,avoided expensive restaurants and expensive shopping and we had a great time.You may find you can do it.Cereal in the morning in your room or a hotel/motel with a free bkfast will save you a lot.Some chain hotel/motels have kids eat free with parent purchase(also saved me a ton).Believe me in 2000,I never thought I could afford it(truthfully ;) ,I really still cant but of course with less people it is a little more doable,and w/o free dining ,i will not be able to do alot of the restaurants,other than the 2 i have booked),but give it a try with some preplanning on your food budget,you just may be able to wing it.

Sometimes you get caught up in the whirlwind of the planning because you read everybody elses plans.I actually did that in the beginning of my planning this trip.Your situation is your situation .Plan what you can afford to do and decide.the boards are a great help.But everybody doesnt have to stay on property and have ADRS for every meal in disney world.truthfully, a majority of the park visitors stay in the orlando area and eat at dennys,or buy some grocerys in walmart(or whatever grocery stores are in the orlando area)and eat in their room.Most Kids(depending on ages)just love to go somewhere different and be on vacation.2 hot,rottissire chickens(i am sure i am not spelling that correctly)from the grocery store would taste mighty good in orlando compared to home.Try,you may find you can do it.

mary219

P.s.

I know this has been asked a million times but i am so shot from this free dining wait ,I don't even know how to word my question for a search,so I will be real annoying and ask it.If free dining starts as of 8/26 and I am booked for 8/19-8/27,has history for free dining shown ,:lookaroun I would be eligible???

MPitzen

I know this has been asked a million times but i am so shot from this free dining wait ,I don't even know how to word my question for a search,so I will be real annoying and ask it.If free dining starts as of 8/26 and I am booked for 8/19-8/27,has history for free dining shown ,:lookaroun I would be eligible???

Sorry, you would not be eligible. Only vacations starting on or after 8/26 qualify. The only time this extends is at the end (in Sept.) where if you arrived on the last day of the dining it would carry through to your whole vacation.

I'm not sure if there is a min. stay required but if not you could separate your vacation into 2 (with the 2nd starting on the 26th) and at least get a little free dining.

Dwarful

well, don't give up. They offered the free dining for earlier dates in August if you booked in Dec. so perhaps they will do the same for the rest of us. I too have a big group wishing strongly on this...could save us some serious money!

mary219

Would labor day weekend be blocked out for this deal?Lets say i rebooked my trip to start on the 26th and stayed through labor day weekend.Or is so crowded labor day weekend it would not be worth it?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom