Free Dining Preview Thread

Pixiedust1983

Hi Im from Scotland and I have the free dining plan for Sept 08 for two weeks. We had to book one of the modorate resorts to get the free dining plan. Me and my partner booked this just b4 our Dec 07 trip to the world.

mary219

so, could i go ahead and book the trip and then later add the free dining? or how does this work? we've gone the past 2 years but my mother in law booked the trip and i'm doing it this year so i'm not completely sure how it works. i want to make sure we get a room, but i'd LOVE the free dining when it comes available! HELP! :)
thanks!!!

If you are doing it yourself,book your trip for where you want.Last year,i changed my dates three times based on what i was reading here.
(for the record,len testa was right on the money as far as the free dining dates went last year]
when when the free dining was confirmed ,I called first thing [7 am] ,it took a little while to get through,when i did ,all i had to do was apply the code to my reservation and it was done.It was alot easier than having to first make the reservation .The phones were very busy,i started calling at 6;59 am and finally got through at 7;25 am.
also,keep in mind that two weeks after the free dining is offered ,some rooms become available because people do not send their deposits in.
it is especially important to call first thing on the day it is offered if you want a value resort,they go very fast.even with the ddp changes, it is still a great deal.

jennc2001

If you are doing it yourself,book your trip for where you want.Last year,i changed my dates three times based on what i was reading here.
(for the record,len testa was right on the money as far as the free dining dates went last year]
when when the free dining was confirmed ,I called first thing [7 am] ,it took a little while to get through,when i did ,all i had to do was apply the code to my reservation and it was done.It was alot easier than having to first make the reservation .The phones were very busy,i started calling at 6;59 am and finally got through at 7;25 am.
also,keep in mind that two weeks after the free dining is offered ,some rooms become available because people do not send their deposits in.
it is especially important to call first thing on the day it is offered if you want a value resort,they go very fast.even with the ddp changes, it is still a great deal.
what code and where do i get it? :)

WDWFigment

Not to hijack this thread, but you all seem pretty savvy about the free dining "trends". If any of you savvy-folk are CMs, do you have any idea if the __% off OKW/SSR + cheap dining offer will be back this summer? We took advantage of that last summer and saved a bundle!

mary219

the codes are announced the day they announce free dining,its usually something like azu -you know-three letters ,that type of thing -you call the morning it starts and tell the cm who answers that you want to add free dining to your reservations or make your reservations and tell them you want free dining .you'll see the code as soon as its released right here on this thread.thats how i found out about it last year.

JimboJones123

Original Poster
Most CMs don't care about the code. They know what it is and will apply for you. But some WILL NOT allow you to make the reservation without the specific code. Make sure you do have it when you call.

crlachepinochet

Can you still get the AAA discount when you book for free dining over the phone with a CM? ::crosses fingers:: I've heard you have to book a package to get free dining and you have to do that type of thing with a AAA agent to get the discount. Am I getting too greedy wanting free food and 20% off my room? :)

JimboJones123

Original Poster
Can you still get the AAA discount when you book for free dining over the phone with a CM? ::crosses fingers:: I've heard you have to book a package to get free dining and you have to do that type of thing with a AAA agent to get the discount. Am I getting too greedy wanting free food and 20% off my room? :)
Some will tell you so. And strut on their high horses about it. If it was something they offered, there's no shame in it. Discounts for WDW aren't able to be combined though, so you'll have to decide which is better. For two of you at GF you may be better off letting the free dining go. Especially when you have to figure in additional tips for you petty cash.

imamouse

Now that Disney has opened up dining packages for AP holders, will AP holders still have to purchase a one-day ticket during free dining this year?

Kingdom Konsultant

WDWMAGIC Board Sponsor
Premium Member
WDWMAGIC Sponsor

Disney does not allow the AAA discount plus the free dining. By them doing this it evens out the playing field so all travel agencies are offering the same discounted package.

Pam

Kingdom Konsultant

WDWMAGIC Board Sponsor
Premium Member
WDWMAGIC Sponsor
Please keep in mind that the Kingdom Konsultant agents will be ready to help any of you with your booking needs IF/When the discount is released. Nothing has "Officially" been released as of yet. If it does, we will have all of the needed information in order to get you booked. Please feel free to call our toll free number starting at 7am EST on the day it's released, IF/When it't released for either the Disney Visa card holders or the general public.

You can contact us at 1-866-566-7858 toll free

By e-mail

Pam@kingdomkonsultant.com
Marie@kingdomkonsultant.com
Elizabeth@kingdomkonsultant.com
Evan@kingdomkonsultant.com

All of our agents are VERY knowledgable when it comes to Disney as we are all graduates of the College of Disney Knowledge and we are also Authorized Disney Vacation Planners.

Pam

Lucky

rumor update on touringplans just posted

"Free dining looking more likely - Disney Visa offer to start on April 7
All signs continue to point to Disney's free dining offer beginning to the general public on April 10. We expect Disney Visa cardholders to get their free dining offer a few days earlier, on April 7."

JimboJones123

Original Poster
From a poster at disboards.com

I cant believe I am the first to post this. My Mom is a travel agent. She recieved an email this morning from her Disney Rep. Here are the details for 2008 Free Dining. 08/24/08 - 09/20/08. Disney Visa holders can book on 04/07/08 with code AYG...General public opens up on 04/10/08...sorry she didnt give me hte code for this one, as I have been waiting for the Disney visa code.
Good Luck to all.

Looks like I'm out. Time to call and cancel my ADRs.

We'll just have to wait til January Marathon Weekend!

On to DL!!! Must make room reservation tomorrow!

NewfieFan

From a poster at disboards.com

I cant believe I am the first to post this. My Mom is a travel agent. She recieved an email this morning from her Disney Rep. Here are the details for 2008 Free Dining. 08/24/08 - 09/20/08. Disney Visa holders can book on 04/07/08 with code AYG...General public opens up on 04/10/08...sorry she didnt give me hte code for this one, as I have been waiting for the Disney visa code.
Good Luck to all.

Looks like I'm out. Time to call and cancel my ADRs.

We'll just have to wait til January Marathon Weekend!

On to DL!!! Must make room reservation tomorrow!

If those are indeed the dates for the promotion does it matter if your trip extends past the close-off date. For example, I've booked from Sept. 16th to the 26th. So would I get free dining for my whole trip or just until the 20th (if those are the correct dates)?

shanny

If those are indeed the dates for the promotion does it matter if your trip extends past the close-off date. For example, I've booked from Sept. 16th to the 26th. So would I get free dining for my whole trip or just until the 20th (if those are the correct dates)?
the past few years it goes by the date of your check in, as long as you are checked in before the promotion ends. so if you were to check in even on the last day of the promotion, the plan would go for your whole trip. unless they changed that this year, but i dont see why they would do that, you should be good to go!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom