Free Dining Preview Thread

MarkeyMouse

Thanks so much for FAST info....I really appreciate it. If this happens we get to go:p if not we have to wait a year:cry:. I do have a Disney Visa... one more annoying question, Do they email or just announce it on their home site?(wow all you people on these boards are a wealth of Knowledge!!!):wave::wave::wave::wave: I'm so happy I found you all!! Thanks in advance.

lilclerk

Not annoying at all! This is why we're here =) They should email you with the announcement. Do you get other email offers from them?
According to mousesavers, Visa holders got the offer 3 days before the general public.

MarkeyMouse

YES just recently we got one for Disney Adventures! Thank you I will be checking my email frequently. I'll post as soon as I know something. I hope all of you do the same.:) :) :)Thanks again lilclerk!!!!

mindy0509

I planned my sister and brother-in-laws vacation last year to Disney during the free dining. They said it was great. My husband and I are going in May but we might just have to go back in Sept and take advantage of this AWESOME deal this year. If anyone hears when it is going to become available please post. I am also a Disney Visa card holder so I will look for an email from them :)

LivinWitTheLand

This was posted last night on touringplans.com:

Rumor: Free dining to be offered starting April 10
Don't quote us on this, but we've heard from multiple sources inside and outside Disney that Disney's "free dining" offer will return on April 10, 2008. We're not sure which travel dates will be included, but we'll post more information as soon as we hear it.

Just got off the phone with CRO. We have a bounceback for this Sept and are trying to switch resorts on the bounceback. We want to go from POFQ to AKL. There are no rooms available at AKL to switch to b/c all the rooms alloted under the bounceback are used up at AKL.

However, the rep told us to wait a few weeks for the free dining plan code that will be released to the general public and then just switch codes. He said he doesn't have a release date or the code but that free dining is back again this year. Don't know the dates the offer is valid during.

Take it for what its worth......

MarkeyMouse

I did some googleling and found this

If anyone is interested :
I'm sure the predicted dates aren't for sure they might just be best guess
This is posted on mousemisers.com

"We have been hearing rumors, that we since have substantiated, that Disney World will be releasing Magic Your Way package discounts to the general public on April 10, 2008. So, I know what you are asking yourself, will this be the free dining discount everyone is hoping for, or something completely different?
Since the Disney Dining Plan was introduced in 2005, Disney World has offered it for free as a “discount” during some parts of August and September each of the past three years. Here are the travel dates for the past free dining offer:
  • August 21 - October 4, 2005
  • August 13 - September 30, 2006
  • August 26 - September 22, 2007
Based on discounts released late last year for travel during 2008, which offered the dining plan for free, we believe Disney will release the free dining discount again in 2008. Here are the travel dates for those discounts:
  • UK Resident Free dining: August 10 - September 27, 2008
  • Bounceback offer for WDW guests: August 30 - September 27, 2008
While it is possible that Disney may release another discount, and not the free dining, we fully expect to see the free dining released on April 10 to the general public. Expect the following time line:
  • April 7, 2008 - Free dining to be released to Disney VISA cardholders
  • April 10, 2008 - Free dining to be released to the general public
  • August 30 - September 27, 2008 - Travel dates for free dining
We will try to keep you updated on any new information that is released, though it may not be until April 7th that we know for sure what the dates and discount will be."

kennygman

This is what Len Testa has posted on touringplans.com
Rumor: Free dining to be offered starting April 10
Don't quote us on this, but we've heard from multiple sources inside and outside Disney that Disney's "free dining" offer will return on April 10, 2008. We're not sure which travel dates will be included, but we'll post more information as soon as we hear it.
Posted 2008-03-17
http://www.touringplans.com/tp2/UG2_index.php?PageID=44

jennc2001

so, could i go ahead and book the trip and then later add the free dining? or how does this work? we've gone the past 2 years but my mother in law booked the trip and i'm doing it this year so i'm not completely sure how it works. i want to make sure we get a room, but i'd LOVE the free dining when it comes available! HELP! :)
thanks!!!

SHORTY

so, could i go ahead and book the trip and then later add the free dining? or how does this work? we've gone the past 2 years but my mother in law booked the trip and i'm doing it this year so i'm not completely sure how it works. i want to make sure we get a room, but i'd LOVE the free dining when it comes available! HELP! :)
thanks!!!
It depends on your travel agent. Some of the good ones will be able to transfer your vacation to the promotion. But if you book directly through Disney (or an agent that can't transfer) then you will have to cancel your reservation and re-book when/if they announce it to get the deal.

Rob562

It depends on your travel agent. Some of the good ones will be able to transfer your vacation to the promotion. But if you book directly through Disney (or an agent that can't transfer) then you will have to cancel your reservation and re-book when/if they announce it to get the deal.

It more depends on what *type* of reservation you've made.

If you've booked a package directly through Disney, it can easily be changed over to the Free Dining promotion (if such promo is released) as long as the room type you're already booked into has availability in the promotion. (i.e. if you book a Standard View room at Wilderness Lodge and that category of room isn't available under Free Dining, you'd have to change to another room or another hotel).

If you booked a Room-Only reservation, it will have to be cancelled and re-booked as a package under the Free Dining promo.

A competant travel agent can do either of these transactions with little or no fuss on your part. A less-than-competant travel agent may have problems.

-Rob

jennc2001

It more depends on what *type* of reservation you've made.

If you've booked a package directly through Disney, it can easily be changed over to the Free Dining promotion (if such promo is released) as long as the room type you're already booked into has availability in the promotion. (i.e. if you book a Standard View room at Wilderness Lodge and that category of room isn't available under Free Dining, you'd have to change to another room or another hotel).

If you booked a Room-Only reservation, it will have to be cancelled and re-booked as a package under the Free Dining promo.

A competant travel agent can do either of these transactions with little or no fuss on your part. A less-than-competant travel agent may have problems.

-Rob
thank you!! that's very helpful! we want to get a room at all star movies...preferrably in the toy story courtyard because my son LOVES toy story! :) hmmm, now that i think about it, maybe we shouldn't...we may never get him out of there! :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom