Four for a Dollar is no more...

Biff215

For those still wanting to buy one of their great CD's:

http://www.return2zero.net

These guys truly will be missed. We got hooked on them years ago and never miss their show while we're in WDW. My wife loves them and BatB (the movie) so much that I proposed to her five years ago with Four for a Dollar's help. They were so great throughout the whole thing. Here's a short YouTube video if you want to check it out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ubqRDTCuNg

I'm not one to bash Disney, especially given we don't know the full circumstances, but this is definitely a huge loss. We saw the BatB show in June without the preshow, and it just wasn't the same. These guys did such a great job of energizing the crowd and putting a smile on your face.

It's a shame that the park that needs the most help seems to be first to absorb the most cutbacks.

wannabeBelle

Hi there all, I am so sorry to hear this. 4 For a Dollar is a great act!!!! I always enjoy seeing them. If anyone hears back, please let us know if they will be performing in another public venue so the fans can support them!!!
Belle
P.S. HEY!!! I LOVE Mulch, Sweat & Shears.

WTBAD

These guys put on a great show. There interaction with the crowd was great. I think they were one of WDW's best entertainments in all four parks. I hope when things pick up for WDW they will be called back to preform for us.
Belle, they do preform off property as Return 2 Zero, but Iv'e never seen they advertised in the Orlando area while I was there.

CAPTAIN HOOK

I can think of many things that should have gone before they got axed - Disney are just so out of touch with what the paying public actually want to see

DisneyDellsDude

Does anyone think that Disney is going to get rid of BatB since they might put a dark ride in Fantasyland?

Maybe BatB will close in less than one year, so they didn't renew the contract for these guys?

Just wild guesses for the *best*.
The worst is that they are just getting rid of them to save some money.:(

Biff215

Entertainment is always the first thing to go in these situations.

While I can understand that the economy is an issue for Disney and they may have to make cuts, I can't understand then why they chose to raise ticket prices. Shouldn't they be making the parks a better value to entice us to travel there? Slashing entertainment and raising prices doesn't seem to be the way to do that.

So with that in mind, is there indeed a situation going on for Disney? They reported that hotel bookings were up for early 2009, which seems to be a good sign. Raising ticket prices could also be considered positive on their end. So why is DHS in particular seeing so many cutbacks?

I'm starting to wonder whether American Idol is that over budget, or if they are starting to push money in the direction of Star Tours 2 or the rumored Pixar Place coaster. I guess I'm just a little confused by all of these different signs and what they might mean.

Kman101

I blame all the new attractions at DHS (they ARE needed but maybe the budget is way overboard?), esepcially Idol. I have nothing against Idol in the LEAST. And while the economy is tough, I cant see Disney feeling the heat unless they are way over-budget in terms of the attractions they are refurbing and adding.

plaidboy

As of September 20, there will be no more Four for a Dollar at the Studios. I heard the news from one of the members of the group -- they are all friends of mine.

The worst part is that the Beauty and the Beast show is remaining. I think most of us would agree that the preshow was the superior entertainment.
I understand that you mention some members of the group are your friends - but it's sad that you feel the need to lament the fact that the actual Beauty and the Beast show itself is remaining open. The performers in that show have families and friends as well.

While I myself am deeply saddened that Four For A Dollar will no longer be performing in the venue - I will not use this as an opportunity to disparage other performers and performances at the park.

Evo

NO! Seeing Four for a Dollar was the best part of Beauty & the Beast! I havn't seen them in a while though.. What times do they perform at?

Ev

pianoman

Original Poster
I understand that you mention some members of the group are your friends - but it's sad that you feel the need to lament the fact that the actual Beauty and the Beast show itself is remaining open. The performers in that show have families and friends as well.

While I myself am deeply saddened that Four For A Dollar will no longer be performing in the venue - I will not use this as an opportunity to disparage other performers and performances at the park.
My comment was more about the overall quality of the show itself--I certainly do not mean to disparage the performers. There are some tremendous dancers in the show. However, I never felt that the book for the Beauty and the Beast show at the Studios was up to Disney's standards. Take the Aladdin show at Disneyland as a prime example of what a theme park show can and should be.

I have had friends in the cast of Beauty and the Beast at the Studios in the past as well. As a musician and a performer myself, I am never happy when someone in the entertainment field loses their job.

Stellajack

Premium Member
My family enjoyed Four for a Dollar very much and they certainly were talented and entertaining, but the real reason we saw them was because we were there for the BatB show. I sincerely hope Disney has no plans to shelve this show. The kids love it and so do parents! The costumes are outrageously gorgeous and this is classic Disney entertainment! :dazzle: We will probably see this for the 10th time next summer, no matter the preshow entertainment.

goofntink

While I can understand that the economy is an issue for Disney and they may have to make cuts, I can't understand then why they chose to raise ticket prices. Shouldn't they be making the parks a better value to entice us to travel there? Slashing entertainment and raising prices doesn't seem to be the way to do that.

So with that in mind, is there indeed a situation going on for Disney? They reported that hotel bookings were up for early 2009, which seems to be a good sign. Raising ticket prices could also be considered positive on their end. So why is DHS in particular seeing so many cutbacks?

I'm starting to wonder whether American Idol is that over budget, or if they are starting to push money in the direction of Star Tours 2 or the rumored Pixar Place coaster. I guess I'm just a little confused by all of these different signs and what they might mean.

What Disney did not mention about the hotel booking being up for 2009,is that it is almost all from European tourists,as they are taking advantage of the weak U.S Dollar,and are able to stay longer and get more bang for the buck. My wifes aunt is a supervisor at Reservations,and we were talking about this last weekend.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
What Disney did not mention about the hotel booking being up for 2009,is that it is almost all from European tourists,as they are taking advantage of the weak U.S Dollar,and are able to stay longer and get more bang for the buck. My wifes aunt is a supervisor at Reservations,and we were talking about this last weekend.

So, that being the case they decide to cut out entertainment of songs sung in harmony in...English. :shrug:

I see no bearing on where the guest is from and the elimination of Four for a Dollar

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom