Four for a Dollar is no more...

wannabeBelle

Hey there Sen, Great to see you again!!!!! I got back confirmation that the Vinyls a 50's/60's band that played in front of Mel's Diner in Universal has had their contract dropped. One less reason for me to leave property!!!!! Belle

wannabeBelle

And another one.....Leon Gregory one of the piano players in the Rose & Crown is being let go as well. His last day is the 27th of September. A friend of mine is down there now and heard about this. The Pub wont be the same without him. Belle

JimboJones123

So, if my count was correct,

100% endorsement of Four for a Dollar from members here. Usually there will be at least a few that side the opposite view, if nothing more than to play devils advocate for EVERY TOPIC EVER POSTED HERE. But this time, there is none of that.

If it's a budget issue, I'm sure most would agree that you could cut the Streetmosphere team LONG before you should cut these guys. It's like 2 shows for 1 when you visit. The fist time to see them is pure magic. Second time, you hope they will be there and smile a little to yourself when they show up, or you forget about them til you see the fist guy adjust the mic. Then it's an ear to ear grin when you remember how great this extra treat really is.

There may not be another show at WDW that commands the attention that these performers do. They are a delight and joy that has led me to get 2 CDs so far and suggest to friends that they show up extra early for the show to "get good seats". I've had several friends thank me for the unexpected delight.

Boo to management on this on.

Boo
Boo
Boo

Biff215

So, if my count was correct,

100% endorsement of Four for a Dollar from members here. Usually there will be at least a few that side the opposite view, if nothing more than to play devils advocate for EVERY TOPIC EVER POSTED HERE. But this time, there is none of that.

If it's a budget issue, I'm sure most would agree that you could cut the Streetmosphere team LONG before you should cut these guys. It's like 2 shows for 1 when you visit. The fist time to see them is pure magic. Second time, you hope they will be there and smile a little to yourself when they show up, or you forget about them til you see the fist guy adjust the mic. Then it's an ear to ear grin when you remember how great this extra treat really is.

There may not be another show at WDW that commands the attention that these performers do. They are a delight and joy that has led me to get 2 CDs so far and suggest to friends that they show up extra early for the show to "get good seats". I've had several friends thank me for the unexpected delight.

Boo to management on this on.

Boo
Boo
Boo

I've also seen nothing but positive comments on several message boards discussing this cut. I think it could be argued that these guys make a bigger impact on the guest experience than some much more expensive entertainment found throughout WDW.

I just don't understand how these guys have survived some other tough economic/attendance periods at Disney, but now suddenly get a month's notice after over a decade of employment.

I second your boo's and will add a fourth to express my utter disappointment with Disney on this one.

Boo
Boo
Boo
Boo!

RogueHabit

Well, I just send this to WDW email, though I fulkly expect it to be ignored.

Dear Disney, I want to express my disapproval of the WDW decision to cut the '4 for a Dollar' pre-show from the Beauty and the Beast performances in Disney Hollywood Studios, from September.

I, like many others, believe that this act is one of the best bits of live entertainment available at Walt Disney World and to cut it is an unbelievably niaive move.

To new visitors, seeing them for the first time, it was a wonderful surprise. For return visitors it was one of the only reasons to go see the BatB show. This year we will not visit that show.

Disney, get your heads on straight. 4 for a Dollar should NEVER have been released from their contract.

Yours

An Unhappy WDW veteran of 11 visits and counting

RogueHabit

Fiurst Response (Automated)

From: Walt Disney World Guest Mail [mailto:guest.mail@wdw.disneyonline.com]
Sent: 29 August 2008 11:29
To: glenn.*.*****@********.com
Subject: Request for General Information about Walt Disney World Resort

Thank you for writing us! Your message is very important to us and
we'll be getting back to you as soon as possible.

Sincerely,

Walt Disney World Online Communications

disneyworld07

Thats a real shame - those guys were great. Although i have to say i am a little disappointed that so many of you want to see Beauty and the Beast replaced. That show has a hell of a lot of sentimental value for all of my family and everytime i have watched it (3 times) i have always been impressed with how well it represented the film. I love that show and it seems everythingi love about Disney - all the larger than life stuff - the wand, the pink cake castle etc (all the stuff we never see in the uk) is what you all hate.

Anyway... shame the guys are done.

dreamfinder

I just don't understand how these guys have survived some other tough economic/attendance periods at Disney, but now suddenly get a month's notice after over a decade of employment.

I agree that letting them go is pretty cruddy as its always a good show. However a months notice is pretty darn good. Most places only give weeks, or even less when letting someone go. I know of a few people who had 40 yrs plus get let go with no notice. It happens.

RogueHabit

You mean of the last day? I doubt much will be said or done, but maybe the guys will mention something about thank you for the years of being able to perform.
TBH I would expect them to be gagged by Disney from passing any comment on thier own departure.

Einselen

TBH I would expect them to be gagged by Disney from passing any comment on thier own departure.

In park maybe, but on Return 2 Zero's myspace page they already have announced their last performance.

I would only think Disney would let them say thank you for the years so that way if someone goes within the last week or so they might get notice that the act will not be around longer as I am sure people will return and wonder what happened to them.

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
Maybe its the first steps in chopping Booty and the Beest? I thnk it needs a Ratatouille make over, its soooo 80s in its present state. The popular beat combo are just casualty's in a larger game.

DMC-12

It's HarmonioUS, NOT HarmoniYOU.
Maybe its the first steps in chopping Booty and the Beest? I thnk it needs a Ratatouille make over, its soooo 80s in its present state. The popular beat combo are just casualty's in a larger game.

Now there is a show I would not mind watching multiple times.

:lookaroun

drp4video

I remember the first time I went to BAB and had no clue about Four For A Dollar. The people we were with knew about them and made sure we got to the show early. Adter I saw them for the first time, the ONLY reason I went back to see BAB was for Four For A Dollar. I am so sad that they will no longer be there! I love them!

EPCOTGAL1

I remember the first time I went to BAB and had no clue about Four For A Dollar. The people we were with knew about them and made sure we got to the show early. Adter I saw them for the first time, the ONLY reason I went back to see BAB was for Four For A Dollar. I am so sad that they will no longer be there! I love them!

ditto!:(

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom