Four for a Dollar is no more...

Crazy4WDW1

I'll be heading down to WDW this upcoming Tuesday. Hopefully, that is, unless Tropical Storm Fay changes my flights!! :cry: I'll be stopping buy guest relations at DHS to express my displeasure. They are an amazing group.

BillsFanGabe

thats a real bummer b/c those guys made the show, i didnt care for the BATB part. I only saw the show once, so I wanna say thanks for the show that you guys put on when I was there :)

RogueHabit

The name "Four for a Dollar" belongs to Disney. "Return 2 Zero" belongs to the group and is the name they use everywhere else.
Plus sometimes they don't always have the full 4 members of Return 2 Zero. I have seen them perform with a younger guy standing in, might even have a pic somewhere.

RogueHabit

Oh yes, and I must add my own rant here....

Disney need to pull their collective heads out of their ***es and understand that these are the kind of things that the paying guests LOVE.

Does this now mean that their will be no pre-show; could they be pulling a fast one and replacing the guys with regular, cheaper cast members?????

Elonwy

that's a shame...they will definately be missed. They sang happy birthday to my cousin when she turned 3 at Disney and it was a highlight of the trip.

btw...what's the scoop about Off Kilter...are they next on the block?

Theresonly1

I hate to hear that. :(
I was really disappointed in June when they didn't perform before the show, but I thought maybe they were just trying to beat the storm that was rolling in.

We can only hope they find something equally as entertaining to fill the spot

autigger

I am very disappointed to hear this. This was certainly one of those extra things that set Disney apart.

There are a couple of songs they cover that when I hear them on the radio, it makes me think of being at Disney with my kids.

Disney is really cutting a lot of the special extras: Woody's Round-up, Liberty Tree Character Dinner, Pocahontas, Fantasmic, etc.

Why is Universal spending so much on new attractions (Harry Potter's Wizard World, New Rocket roller coaster, Simpsons Ride, ect.) and Sea World is building tons of new stuff (Aquatica, Manta, etc.). Meanwhile, Disney is cutting so much?

My family loves Disney, but it is seriously costing more and more for less and less. We will probably try something different next year and I doubt we are the only ones to feel this way.

Disney’s cost cutting based on their fears of lower attendance numbers in 2009 is becoming a self fulfilling prophecy.

RogueHabit

Disappointed here as well. I was looking forward to seeing these guys during October, guess that won't be happening.

Personally I will be expressing me disappointment to Disney in writing, maybe if a few more people did the same then they might grow some common sense....

Strange how something like this can irk you so much.......:hammer:

pianoman

Original Poster
I would actually suggest writing an individual letter rather than trying to organize a petition. Describe why the group is important/special/memorable to you personally.

dxwwf3

Just saw this up on Screamscape and then searched and found this thread and I must say that I'm pretty shocked about this. Not only is this group really the only reason to see Beauty and the Beast Live On Stage, but it has to be one of the biggest crowd pleasers in live entertainment in the parks. My parents are going to be extremely disappointed to hear this. It was one of their favorite things at WDW.

WishIwasThere

Does this now mean that their will be no pre-show; could they be pulling a fast one and replacing the guys with regular, cheaper cast members?????

Well that is what they did a couple years ago with the Dapper Dans. Fired, er...did not renew contract, and allowed the original members to try out for the new Dapper Dans, at a lower wage. So we still might have the FFAD but new members.

RiversideBunny

Last December B&TB performed in the daytime but at night the Harlem Gospel Choir was in that theater.
They were excellent. We went to see them twice, skipping Fantasmic to do it.
Hope they come back this December.

:xmas::xmas:

Biff215

Well that is what they did a couple years ago with the Dapper Dans. Fired, er...did not renew contract, and allowed the original members to try out for the new Dapper Dans, at a lower wage. So we still might have the FFAD but new members.

I've heard it mentioned a few different places that some believe Four for a Dollar is actually being replaced with either new members or a new act altogether. While I have no inside information, I would find this very hard to believe. This appears on the surface to be nothing more than a cost-saving cutback. After all, why would you replace a proven crowd favorite simply to update a preshow that is arguably fresher than the main attraction itself?

All I'm saying is don't count on there being any preshow after September 20. Four for a Dollar were already off several days a week, so Disney has and will run the show with no preshow. While they may feel this is perfectly acceptable, for me this is clearly a move in the wrong direction.

I believe the Dapper Dans are an exception given they are considered stand-alone entertainment and had become quite a Magic Kingdom tradition before their departure and reformation. Again, this is all speculation on my part and could be completely wrong. Either way, we are losing a great little act that has pleasantly surprised thousands of guests over the years.

RogueHabit

I heard on the scuttlebuck that their contract was cut mid-term apparently. Can not confirm this unfortunately, but that's what I was told.

wannabeBelle

A tad off topic, but not far off. I heard through the grapevine that at least one music act in Universal is also being cut back or eliminated. Ill try to get some confirmation/ details on that one. Belle

Senderella

A tad off topic, but not far off. I heard through the grapevine that at least one music act in Universal is also being cut back or eliminated. Ill try to get some confirmation/ details on that one. Belle

As much as I don't care for Universal, I hope it's not the Blues Brothers show. THAT was really cool.

Let us know when you know something Belle!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom