Four for a Dollar is no more...

wannabeBelle

And two more acts that we have heard of............ The African Drummers ( I think in the AK) And the group in Norway. This is getting more interesting as we go. Belle

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
And two more acts that we have heard of............ The African Drummers ( I think in the AK) And the group in Norway. This is getting more interesting as we go. Belle

Now the drummers do add something to the park and always seem to have large crowds. Whats going on, has mental Mickey sneaked back in to the bosses chair?

bears163

i have not read all the post on this thread but this all could be happening cause the show is going to close soon. Why else would they get rid of them

RogueHabit

The Drummers? Are they the guys that do all the Limbo stuff as well???

What do Disney think they are doing?

wannabeBelle

I am not 100% sure of the locaton of the African Drummers but the only ones I could think of are in the AK and yes the ones with the limbo stuff are the ones I Am thinking of. I heard this information through a friend so I wasnt able to get specifics. Belle

JimboJones123

You mean of the last day? I doubt much will be said or done, but maybe the guys will mention something about thank you for the years of being able to perform.
If reading this post discourages anybody from posting video, don't. Please post video anyways if you get it. This post is vile for no reason. Seeing it would be nice and nothing that the poster above can say will make me feel otherwise.

Long Live Return2Zero

Senderella

I am not 100% sure of the locaton of the African Drummers but the only ones I could think of are in the AK and yes the ones with the limbo stuff are the ones I Am thinking of. I heard this information through a friend so I wasnt able to get specifics. Belle

We walked by either on our last trip or the trip before that and I remember seeing a completely different group of people playing african drums in that area. I know the acrobatic guys have an actual name but I can't remember what it is or where I read it. I'd be willing to bet it was the nondescript people playing the drums rather than the acrobatic guys. :shrug: Keep us updated Belle!

SirGoofy

While I do feel sad for those losing their jobs, this is the nature of the beast people. Disney knows what they are doing, whether we like it or not.

Someone said that Disney isn't showing the guests love. Really? What about Toy Story Mania? Or all the other great additions we've gotten over the past few years, and all the great things that are on the horizon? Calm down people, the company has plans up their sleeves, just let them do their thing.

RogueHabit

While I do feel sad for those losing their jobs, this is the nature of the beast people. Disney knows what they are doing, whether we like it or not.

Someone said that Disney isn't showing the guests love. Really? What about Toy Story Mania? Or all the other great additions we've gotten over the past few years, and all the great things that are on the horizon? Calm down people, the company has plans up their sleeves, just let them do their thing.
Funny you should say that; fially got a reply from Guest Relations.
-----Original Message-----
From: WDW Guest Communications [mailto:WDW.Guest.Communications@disneyworld.com]
Sent: 05 September 2008 14:25
To: glenn.r.davis@xxxxxxxx.xxx
Subject: E-mail from the Walt Disney World Resort

Dear Mr. Davis,

Thank you for contacting us regarding the closing of the "Four For a
Dollar" pre-show entertainment at Beauty & the Beast-Live on Stage at
Disney?s Hollywood Studios?. Our Guests' impressions are very important
to us and we truly appreciate the time you took to share your thoughts.
It is wonderful to know the pre-show has brought you great joy over the
years. Please know that the efforts of all of the Cast Members who are
a part of "Four For a Dollar" and the entertainment they have provided
to Disney?s Hollywood Studios? Guests is acknowledged and so
appreciated.

Although "Four For a Dollar" will be closing in late September 2008,
Beauty & the Beast-Live on Stage show will continue to entertain our
Guests with its mix of extraordinary songs, costumes and dances. In
addition, coming in October 2008 will be the recently announced ?High
School Musical 3: Senior Year.? Later this year, Disney?s Hollywood
Studios? will welcome back ABC Super Soap Weekend. At the same time, we
have continued to update existing offerings such as Playhouse
Disney?Live On Stage! and opened Toy Story Mania, Pixar Place with its
new Character greeting locations, and the Narnia experience with Prince
Caspian. Next year, the park will unveil The American Idol Experience
and will welcome back ESPN: The Weekend and Star Wars Weekends.

We hope that our array of entertainment, shows and character offerings
at the Walt Disney World® Resort provide the most memorable and magical
experiences for everyone and that they will delight you in the future as
they have in years past. We look forward to future opportunities to
entertain you.

Sincerely,

Executive Offices
Walt Disney World® Resort

/ww

Einselen

If reading this post discourages anybody from posting video, don't. Please post video anyways if you get it. This post is vile for no reason. Seeing it would be nice and nothing that the poster above can say will make me feel otherwise.

Long Live Return2Zero

I was not trying to discourage anyone from posting video or wonder why you think my post was vile. I am sorry you took it that way.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom