Follow Up-Kids Thrown Out of Disneyworld

2gether

Deluxe/DVC

For those that are worried: we have been during Pop Warner week 3 times now, staying at a Deluxe or DVC resort and have never had a true problem. If kids in general annoy you, then it can be a bit disconcerting, but otherwise it is not bad. Speaking in general, this year was quite a bit more crowded than last year.

echoscot

For those that are worried: we have been during Pop Warner week 3 times now, staying at a Deluxe or DVC resort and have never had a true problem. If kids in general annoy you, then it can be a bit disconcerting, but otherwise it is not bad. Speaking in general, this year was quite a bit more crowded than last year.

If you are staying at a Deluxe or DVC resort then you wouldn't have run into them at your hotel...they usually only stay at the Pop Century and All Stars...it is part of their package...

coasterphil

If you are staying at a Deluxe or DVC resort then you wouldn't have run into them at your hotel...they usually only stay at the Pop Century and All Stars...it is part of their package...

Except for the fact that quite a few folks reported that the moderates are no longer safe during this time either.

echoscot

Except for the fact that quite a few folks reported that the moderates are no longer safe during this time either.

Really?? I have been away for the past two years, back then at least, they were restricted to just those hotels because Disney was already giving them a reduced group rate there.

Maybe some of them are going to the pools and arcades at the moderates...ughhhhh

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Really?? I have been away for the past two years, back then at least, they were restricted to just those hotels because Disney was already giving them a reduced group rate there.

Maybe some of them are going to the pools and arcades at the moderates...ughhhhh
From my understanding POP Warner had a package that included a stay at PORS.

minnie61650

From my understanding POP Warner had a package that included a stay at PORS.

Yes, in the past couple of years a POR package has been offered. I also read that a lot of Pop Warner kids were at CSR this year. I am not sure if they were just staying with parents or if a Package was offered at CSR this year.

prberk

I cannot understand why Disney cannot make a resort near the wide world of sport complex just for these touraments/ cheerleader/ Pop Warner/ etc for these kids and leave the Value resort just for us regular customers. These tourament seem to be ongoing all year long with another beginning soon in January/ Feburary (Dance/cheerleaders). During the day they should be studing their game plans and routines and then having their evening hours visitng the disney parks. And once they been enlimated from the tourament then they should be sent home right away.

Of course you probably understand that eliminated members of most of these types of tournaments are expected to stay through to the end and learn from the winners (as well as support them). So, the "leave when you lose" idea does not fit the event.

The key here, though, is discipline and REAL sportsmanship. That seems to be Pop Warner's challenge.

Ironically, there is a classic Disney TV movie about Pop Warner football, "Moochie of Pop Warner Football," ( http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0203697/ ) that many of these kids could benefit from seeing. We've come a long way since the sportsmanship and teamwork depicted there....

Paul

kimmychad

Well, that certainly makes sense. I can understand not wanting to go back during Pop Warner, but never stay at the All Stars again? Pretty judgmental attitude there. Does that mean you think that jerks are only allowed at the All Star resorts?

i would never stay at all stars either, especially after hearing this. and no im not naive enough to think that jerks are only allowed to stay at all stars, but most of the problems come from there or from the other value resorts, and teams and groups stay mostly at the value resorts. coincidence? nah.

wannabeBelle

When I was arriving on Dec 8th I saw a number of staging areas for the Pop Warner Groups at PO French Quarter and Riverside so no the Mods arent safe although the numbers dont seem to be anywhere near as bad as the All Stars which have the highest concentration.
I agree, Disney went above and beyond what they had to do. Pop Warner should also police thier own and any teams that were involved in the fighting should be totally eliminated from next year's competition entirely. Unsportsmanlike conduct should not be tolerated at any level of sports from Pop Warner to the Pros. Belle

Jellyfish

I hadn't heard about this which is surprising with all the news we hear from America. I was at the front of a smallish fight at DisneyLand (i posted about it) and that wa sbad enough so i can't imagine what that was like.

Why fightat DisneyLand? Its the happiest place on earth :)

CLandrum

I cannot understand why Disney cannot make a resort near the wide world of sport complex just for these touraments/ cheerleader/ Pop Warner/ etc for these kids and leave the Value resort just for us regular customers. These tourament seem to be ongoing all year long with another beginning soon in January/ Feburary (Dance/cheerleaders). During the day they should be studing their game plans and routines and then having their evening hours visitng the disney parks. And once they been enlimated from the tourament then they should be sent home right away.

I totaly agree! I guess the thing that really ticks me off is that the majority of us spend hours apon hours planning our trips. Most of us pay full price. And we appriciate and enjoy every second of the magic while were there. These kids just happen to be there because of a sporting event and get discount and even special nights at the theme parks and they do not appriciate it and make everyone that they come in contact with miserable.

rwdavis2

Maybe Disney should either ban Pop Warner altogether or make them pay for extra security? From reading this I know when my wife and I plan a December trip in a few years it won't be during this time regardless of where we are staying.
Bob

CLandrum

Maybe Disney should either ban Pop Warner altogether or make them pay for extra security? From reading this I know when my wife and I plan a December trip in a few years it won't be during this time regardless of where we are staying.
Bob

That was another thing I had notice that I had never seen before there were security guards every where at least 10 just buy the main building. But I never seen them actualy do anything.

Sherrybaby

While I do agree with what Disney did in this case, there is a concern that has not come up in any of these threads (not that I saw anyway).

I have taken my son to many out of state sports competitions, so I know a little bit about what goes on in these situations. Depending on where we are (city) and the security of the hotel we often do not even allow our son to stay in separate rooms with the other boys on the team, instead he stays with us in our room. He doesn't like it but in the past it has saved him from getting into trouble with the rest of the boys.

I have to assume that there were at least one or two families who had their children in the room with them and were not even involved in the fight. (This is pure speculation considering the massive amount of kids/families who were involved).

In this case, should the family who kept their child in the room with them and who was not involved in the fight be thrown out? I don't think so. I wonder if Disney threw out anyone who proved that their child was in the room with them sleeping or maybe out at Downtown Disney, etc? Again, I'm certain, (esp. with the ages of the kids) that at least a few were with their families that evening and were not a part of this fiasco. I know my child would not have been out after curfew. We always go to his room at EVERY event to check to be sure the kids are following rules and so do many of the other parents whom we travel with to these sports competitions.

Food for thought....

Sherry

echoscot

While I do agree with what Disney did in this case, there is a concern that has not come up in any of these threads (not that I saw anyway).

I have taken my son to many out of state sports competitions, so I know a little bit about what goes on in these situations. Depending on where we are (city) and the security of the hotel we often do not even allow our son to stay in separate rooms with the other boys on the team, instead he stays with us in our room. He doesn't like it but in the past it has saved him from getting into trouble with the rest of the boys.

I have to assume that there were at least one or two families who had their children in the room with them and were not even involved in the fight. (This is pure speculation considering the massive amount of kids/families who were involved).

In this case, should the family who kept their child in the room with them and who was not involved in the fight be thrown out? I don't think so. I wonder if Disney threw out anyone who proved that their child was in the room with them sleeping or maybe out at Downtown Disney, etc? Again, I'm certain, (esp. with the ages of the kids) that at least a few were with their families that evening and were not a part of this fiasco. I know my child would not have been out after curfew. We always go to his room at EVERY event to check to be sure the kids are following rules and so do many of the other parents whom we travel with to these sports competitions.

Food for thought....

Sherry

true and your point has been discussed in the threads, however the agreement with Pop Warner and their associates (there is a copy of PWs own statement about behavior and results) is that if you sign in with a team, you are responsible as a team for the team's behavior. Being that a warning had already been issued, and the size and gravity of the fight, it is unfortunate but I believe Disney did right in enforcing the "all members of the team" must leave. The second fight was already retaliation, and there was no reasonable way for them to decide who would or wouldn't participate again. Given that one boy was hospitalized, I have to agree that everyone on the team needed to leave immediately.

Eyorefan

Food for thought....

Sherry

This point was made by some on the first thread about the situation before the full details of the fight(s) were known. The feeling of many on that thread, and I happen to agree, is that when you travel as a team you all go together. It's my understanding that everyone signed something at the start of the terniment that if their team broke the rules, everyone in the team, regardless of invovlment would be sent home. I know it sucks for the few who were not envolved, but that's just life sometimes.

wannabeBelle

This point was made by some on the first thread about the situation before the full details of the fight(s) were known. The feeling of many on that thread, and I happen to agree, is that when you travel as a team you all go together. It's my understanding that everyone signed something at the start of the terniment that if their team broke the rules, everyone in the team, regardless of invovlment would be sent home. I know it sucks for the few who were not envolved, but that's just life sometimes.

Agreed. If you want to go the step further, OK If a child can be proven that he was not involved ( In room with family etc) great. If he was involved, he is off the team entirely. However that should be handled at the individual team level. I think the rules are not unreasonable and if everyone agreed to them, the correct enforcement was done. Kids need to know that actions have consequences. Belle

echoscot

One other thought

This particular report is cited from Mouseplanet, and an unidentified CM. Though there are lots of things in it that sound credible, we should all keep an open eye and ear that this report may just be a rumor...Not saying that it is definitely false, but just difficult to verify.

Someone just pointed that out to me after I was showing it to them and I thought they had a good point, so let's keep that in the back of our heads.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom