Follow Up-Kids Thrown Out of Disneyworld

echoscot

A minor correction... If you guys re-read the article, Disney did not provide rooms for them or pay for them. They provided transportation for them after the Pop Warner management found the other rooms.

That being said, I think in just doing that Disney went over and above, they gave them a warning and sent them back to their rooms and another fight broke out. So that should have been end of story, but Disney went the "extra mile" so to speak and provided transportation and most likely comped the guests who were complaining about the violence and wanting to check out.

phichi17

I have noticed no one on this new thread is siding with the "poor us" faction anymore. I think the facts are what they are and this thread should also be closed to avoid any verbal kung-fu.

KeeKee

So far there really hasn't been any defense of the PW kids or their whiney parents, so it probably won't be a problem this go-round.

Shadowdawn

This is just another reflection of the sad state of many Youth in our society today. :(

Why doesn't anybody know how to have a fight anymore?? I mean, come on -- 130 kids fighting and only one bloody nose? What is going on here?!?!?!
:veryconfu

Besides...every hockey fan knows football players fight like a bunch of pansies!

Bring on the WDW YOUTH HOCKEY tournament next year instead!!!

:lookaroun

My DBF is a youth hockey coach, does that mean our teams gets a metal if we beat people up? Sweet :animwink:

PoohsGang

I have noticed no one on this new thread is siding with the "poor us" faction anymore. I think the facts are what they are and this thread should also be closed to avoid any verbal kung-fu.
Close the thread cause we don't feel bad for them:shrug: That doesn't make much sense.:shrug: It pretty much justifies what Disney did.:) Why would you want the thread to be closed most posts have been civil and infomitive?:shrug:

phichi17

Close the thread cause we don't feel bad for them:shrug: That doesn't make much sense.:shrug: It pretty much justifies what Disney did.:) Why would you want the thread to be closed most posts have been civil and infomitive?:shrug:

Read my post again....its not because we don't feel bad for them....the original thread was closed because of a constant re-hashing of the same info. Do we need that again? It was an unfortunate event that would best be left alone. This will be my last post on the issue.

PoohsGang

Read my post again....its not because we don't feel bad for them....the original thread was closed because of a constant re-hashing of the same info. Do we need that again?

I understand your post, but still there has been some good new info posted also some pretty good take/opinions that have been discussed.

bfbulldog

Original Poster
Read my post again....its not because we don't feel bad for them....the original thread was closed because of a constant re-hashing of the same info. Do we need that again? It was an unfortunate event that would best be left alone. This will be my last post on the issue.

Let the thread run it's course, it's not even been 24 hrs since I posted this new information and there was a significant amount of new information reported. Let the people decide if the event should be left alone or not. Give people adequate opportunity to respond to this information and voice their opinions? Just because you say it's a re-hashing doesn't make it true. Let the people discussing the issue decide when it should be finished.

LeeLee D

Don't judge the All Stars based on this. I have stayed at all three and they were much less crowded than Pop. The football area at All Star Sports was filled with boys playing ball, but they were just having fun. No violence or vulgarity.

If it weren't for the bus situation and for the fact that I love the Hippy Dippy pool, I would stay at any one of them over Pop.

You don't have to like the All Stars, but don't reject them because of this.

As to the further information we have and the whiners who slammed us reasonable folks....:p:p:p:p

BwanaBob

I just want to hear what the lady in the interview has to say about all this?

What did she see and when? Do we have a signed copy of the agreement SHE signed?

Interesting if they could do a follow-up story.

Of course she'll refuse comment...and the story dies.

WDI 1998

Well, that certainly makes sense. I can understand not wanting to go back during Pop Warner, but never stay at the All Stars again? Pretty judgmental attitude there. Does that mean you think that jerks are only allowed at the All Star resorts?

Dont be so quick to criticise PhotoDave. My wife and I just came back from a week long stay at the All Star Sports. The first two days of of our stay were the last of Pop Warner events. We stayed in building 10 which is the first building next to the food court etc. building. Literally a walk of less than 1 minute to our room. We checked in at about 9:30pm and during that less than a minute walk to our room both my wife and myself had not doubts that we would NEVER EVER stay there again. I have never seen so many unsupervised kids in one place in all my life. They were way out of control the only saving grace was that while my wife and I were walking back to the food court to get a drink two Disney Security officers showed up and were trying to get them to go back to their rooms. Still we had to deal with the noise etc until well after midnight. My wife and I have 6 kids ranging in age from 7 to 16 and several incidents having to deal with the bad behavior of the Pop Warner participants. We spoke to members of house keeping and security asking when the Pop Warner folks would be leaving. To the last they all said the same thing. They all said they thought they would be leaving on Saturday and that would not be soon enough.On top of that the room we got was most definatly not up to Disney Standards. It was dirty, the furniture was in very poor condition and felt more like a hot sheet motel than a Disney Resort. Like I said before we will never stay there again.

The rest of our stay was great. The VMCP was a lot of fun and 3 of the 6 kids got to face Vader at the Jedi Academy all of which is on video. Check for a Trip Report with in the next week.

WDI 1998

This was a duplicate post of my post above....deleted it as not to waste the time of other board members....sorry for the mix up.

dvitali

I cannot understand why Disney cannot make a resort near the wide world of sport complex just for these touraments/ cheerleader/ Pop Warner/ etc for these kids and leave the Value resort just for us regular customers. These tourament seem to be ongoing all year long with another beginning soon in January/ Feburary (Dance/cheerleaders). During the day they should be studing their game plans and routines and then having their evening hours visitng the disney parks. And once they been enlimated from the tourament then they should be sent home right away.

scpergj

No question that the youth hockey players would be better than the football players but I am thinking that a martial arts tournament might beat them both.:lol:

While I would put a martial arts school against an unsupervised gang of football players, I'd also be more than willing to bet a martial arts tournament would have a much higher level of discipline and the students would be smart enough not to have such a fight happen. That may be an idea...have a martial arts tournament at the same time as the Pop Warner championships, and the martial arts students could provide security!

Kevin

echoscot

Going to WDW -satying on property June 6-15.Anyone know of any obnoxious groups going then?

Well, not necessarily obnoxious, but those are the traditional "Gay Days" at Disney... so just make your plans accordingly. They are usually not violent or loud like the Pop Warner teams are.

And if you don't wish to be confused, don't pack red shirts.

JimboJones123

Well, not necessarily obnoxious, but those are the traditional "Gay Days" at Disney... so just make your plans accordingly. They are usually not violent or loud like the Pop Warner teams are.

And if you don't wish to be confused, don't pack red shirts.

Or my miniskirts.... :lookaroun

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom