Flash Photography

wvdisneyfamily

are y'all telling me that you've never taken pictures in a ride that doesn't allow it? Come on now.....:king:

Absolutely not a flash picture. I have no problem with pictures. I do have a problem with flashes going off every two seconds. That is very rude to the other guests trying to enjoy their trip. Plus, what some people won't consider is that all of those flashes can irritate people with certain conditions. I'd hate to be the idiot who thinks they are above the rules that causes some poor person on vacation to have a seizure. This may be a long-shot / worst-case event, but it could happen.

PhotoDave219

What annoys me is when people look at me and my camera when a flash goes off. There's no flash on my camera. I hate on-camera flash; it looks @*#&-ity.

That being said, its annoying as hell to see someone ruining a dark ride with a camera. Its just rude.

mermaid1

Back in the day when slides were all the rage, WDW sold sets of slides that were either of a particular land (shots of Liberty Square for example) and sets of the interior of rides. Professionaly done so that they looked great and just like you remember the scene in the attraction (say the ballroom in the Haunted Mansion). Then when you got home you simple dropped these slides in with your own slides and you had a great looking presentation.

Seems like they could do this now with CDs. Buy a CD that has great pics of the area and its attractions and then work them into your digital pic slide shows or scrap books when you get home.

You would think it a win/win for them. Happier guests in the attraction, happier guests when they get home and want to remember their trip, and WDW makes a buck to boot.

What do you think?

This is a GREAT idea! It would solve a lot of problems, but you will still get the occasional person who think that the rules do not realte to him/her.

I would buy a CD with attraction pics. I remember the slides, because my dad had a slide camers and we always got those packets of slides everywhere. All the vacation spots had em, just like they had the Viewmaster disks! I have a great collection of view masters and disks, one of my hobbies, collecting old veiwmasters, projectors and disks.
You could get slides and disks everywhere, at Yellowstone, WDW, Disneyland, in New York City, San Francisco...everywhere people went on vacation, they made em.
I really like the idea of picture CDs of the attractions, parades, the park itself...
Good thinking!:sohappy:
Mermaid1

TubaGeek

God bless the "Ignore" button.
Most guiltiest? Your grammer counts against you as well, I'm afraid. If you really need a pic of a ride, it's called Google. It's your friend.

kc1296426

Most guiltiest? Your grammer counts against you as well, I'm afraid. If you really need a pic of a ride, it's called Google. It's your friend.
Now you're pointing out my grammar? Who really cares? But if it really matters to you, then I have to point out that you spelled grammar wrong, it ends with AR not ER.

And if you really need to check you grammar and spelling, it's called spell check. It's your friend.

And for the record I don't take flash pictures in attractions anymore, that was when I wasn't mature with cameras and didn't care about everybody else's experience on the ride.

Pirategirl124

I don't really understand the point of spending an entire ride taking pics. I'd rather just ride the ride.

When we rode Jungle Cruise a few weeks ago there was this Asian lady snapping pics of every single thing we passed - not even taking time to compose the shots. Can you imagine how boring it would be to go back and look at 3829832982 Jungle Cruise pictures?

I agree! Do you really need pictures? I mean, it would be nice, but I can't imagine trying to catch evry thing on film. It's almost like your not riding at all!

LoriMistress

DLR doesn't mess around when it comes to flash photography in the parks. They will KICK YOU OUT OF THE PARK if you continue to use it. And believe me, DH and I have witnessed CMs put guests in their place if they use flash photography. When we were at WDW in December, out of the ten times DH and I rode POTC there was only one time (ironically on our last night in the parks), when no one used their flash photography. And the CMs, from my understanding from the CM that I talked to, they don't want them to take action on anyone using flash.

I hate it when people use flash on an attraction. It makes the situation worse when you and the CM points out to not use flash and dumb-@ss guests ignores you. I had to flat out tell a guest, that "she would have the unfortunate fate of Christopher Reeves if the camera wasn't put away within five seconds" and that time the guest finally took my comment seriously and put it away. Ironically, I got a few "thanks yous" because of it.

Hrudey3032

she would have the unfortunate fate of Christopher Reeves if the camera wasn't put away within five seconds" and that time the guest finally took my comment seriously and put it away. Ironically, I got a few "thanks yous" because of it.

See we all need a little of Donald Ducks temper at the appropriate times!

:sohappy:

wardpr68

wow... i saw this thread and instantly thought of the last time i was at magic kingdom 2 years ago. On both Haunted Mansion and Pirates some yahoo was just going nuts with the flash... i was quite angry :mad:

They really should do something about it :(

Thiger

I concur
they really have to put the brakes on flash photos
My brother hadn't been on POTC in 12 years and the first ride was filled w/ some guy taking photos. Its soo annoying and kills the entire magic of it.

raven

First off, a photograph taken with flash in a dark ride almost never turns out the way it looks in the scene. The bright white light lights up unseen things that are very unappealing when the photo comes out. Also, people who take flash pictures of fireworks or scenes at night while other guests are in front of them haven't a clue that they don't turn out either. You only light up the back of the heads of the guests in front of you. Flash isn't meant to light up anything more than 20 feet away from the camera. But if there is anything between you and the subject, that thing will absorb the flash and be prominent in the photo.

Before digital I used to take flash pictures in dark rides but only the rides where there where no other guests around (Snow White, Mr. Toad, etc). So I don't see it being a huge problem in these cases. Only when it disrupts other guests then something should be done.

Im a big guy with huge broad shoulders so if someone starts taking flash pics from behind me I sit up straight and spread my arms a bit instead of trying to hunker down in my seat so the person behind me usually can see.That way they see a big blur instead of Capt Jack or whatever they are trying to take a pic of.

I was riding in front of a guy on Space Mountain a few years back who decided to tape the ride with his video light on. It was illuminating the track and the inside of the mountain so I put my hands up over my head so he didn't ruin the ride for me. I'm sure after he got home and watched it did he realize that none of it was caught on tape due to my hands being in the way. :p

LoriMistress

she would have the unfortunate fate of Christopher Reeves if the camera wasn't put away within five seconds" and that time the guest finally took my comment seriously and put it away. Ironically, I got a few "thanks yous" because of it.

See we all need a little of Donald Ducks temper at the appropriate times!

:sohappy:

We'll, Donald Duck is my favorite character; at least I don't Donald Duck it into the parks.

PhotoDave219

I hate it when people use flash on an attraction. It makes the situation worse when you and the CM points out to not use flash and dumb-@ss guests ignores you. I had to flat out tell a guest, that "she would have the unfortunate fate of Christopher Reeves if the camera wasn't put away within five seconds" and that time the guest finally took my comment seriously and put it away. Ironically, I got a few "thanks yous" because of it.

Thats the most horriffic thing (that i haven't said) in the context of WDW. :sohappy::sohappy::sohappy:

camithepirate

I one hundered percent agree with this thread!
When i went back in Nov, it was the first time i had been back since potc had been updated, and i was super excited to see it! Now, as a photographer, the entire trip i have my camera plastered to my hand, but I have way to much respect for the rides and other people to ruin it with flash photography. or any photos for that matter.

It really ruins the integrity of the ride. You cant be floating through a town set ablaze by pirates, with soccer mom and her 12 year old taking pictures every 3 1/2 seconds. My boyfriend and i had no shame in yelling at people to stop. Its redicious, esspecially at all the captian jack scenes. (and, this topic is not just singled out on potc)

What ever happened to good ol memories?
the flashes from their cameras must be imparing the ability to mentally remeber something :brick:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom