Rumor Figment, well, to be replaced by Figment

Crazydisneyfanluke

What is everyone's obsession with Figment? His attraction stinks and he isn't a big enough IP in today's day and age.
Please back up your statement with facts.

The Imagination Pavilion used to be top notch. This version is bad, but I recommend watching one of Martins videos for V1 or V2.

How is Figment not a big enough IP? I don't think they would have made him host of Festival of the Arts, place him on generic park merchandise, create a AP magnet, etc if he wasn't.

Homemade Imagineering

What is everyone's obsession with Figment? His attraction stinks and he isn't a big enough IP in today's day and age.
Before saying such things, go ahead and watch a ride-through of the original version of journey into imagination (V1). Figment used to have a childlike personality, as in a child learning his way through the world. Now he is just an annoyance in V3... his personality isn’t even close to what it used to be.

Speaking of which, the 2020 Birbham’s WDW Guide has this “interesting” information:

FigmentJedi

This isn't about what his attraction was like. It is about what it is now. And it is abysmal.
The point is people know that Figment's been done dirty and that they want justice for him. Even people in Imagineering feel this way, but budgets for refurbs involving a throwback approach kept getting appropriated for IP projects elsewhere in the parks. Even that Marvel comic book from a few years ago was basically an Imagineering pitch document for a Figment reboot.

Surferboy567

Now this is a RUMOR take it with a grain of salt and all that. This applies both to the Redo of Imagination as well to Epcot Forever but it matters more for imagination and that’s why I’m posting it here. As everyone knows in Epcot Forever children and NOT Dreamfinder or Figment sing “One Little Spark” in the show. According to Jim Hill and Len on the latest edition of the Disney Dish this was a very hard decision and basically as Len said it the reason why the children were chosen is “Don’t make promises we cannot keep”. Apparently Imagination is in Phase 2 of Epcot’s re-do and they aren’t sure what they are going to do. Including how big of a role Figment will have as well as if Dreamfinder will even appear. I know this has been said by some insiders over the course of time, but I found these little more tidbits to be interesting.

itsy bitsy spider

Now this is a RUMOR take it with a grain of salt and all that. This applies both to the Redo of Imagination as well to Epcot Forever but it matters more for imagination and that’s why I’m posting it here. As everyone knows in Epcot Forever children and NOT Dreamfinder or Figment sing “One Little Spark” in the show. According to Jim Hill and Len on the latest edition of the Disney Dish this was a very hard decision and basically as Len said it the reason why the children were chosen is “Don’t make promises we cannot keep”. Apparently Imagination is in Phase 2 of Epcot’s re-do and they aren’t sure what they are going to do. Including how big of a role Figment will have as well as if Dreamfinder will even appear. I know this has been said by some insiders over the course of time, but I found these little more tidbits to be interesting.

Jim Hill is a lying sack of you know what. He has been making up lies for years and his cohost Len just nods and smiles like grandma is telling him a bedtime story.

pdude81

I don't really follow the logic on using children instead of the characters to sing the song. Does that mean Kitchen Kabaret is coming back?

Kman101

I don't really follow the logic on using children instead of the characters to sing the song. Does that mean Kitchen Kabaret is coming back?

lol!

I can imagine show creators going for the 'safe' route but I doubt it truly hinges on the future of the ride. I doubt Imagineering said "better not use Figment or Dreamfinder" ... just seems like a safe route for creatives behind the show so they don't make promises they aren't sure will be kept. If they included either, guests would run with it as "Dreamfinder is coming back" when in reality, the show is a tribute to the past (so his inclusion would feel natural, but you know the stans ...) and a brief glimpse into the future. They clearly enjoy One Little Spark, and I know folks took that as a "sign" so maybe they were right to use kids instead.

I think they mostly used kids because kids "inspire hope for the future" I guess .... I didn't mind the kids but I know some did (why?)

brb1006

Jim Hill is a lying sack of you know what. He has been making up lies for years and his cohost Len just nods and smiles like grandma is telling him a bedtime story.
A broken clock can be right twice a day. Every once in a while Jim can be correct. I also enjoy his podcasts since he discuss some lesser-known and obscure information and history behind Disney Films and Parks.

ObscurityPoint

The post that Joshua is responding to here is Dan’s post, where he states how he thinks the announcement of imagination and Mexico are both imminent, due to the fact that they are officially part of the permanent model in the odyssey. I thought I’d just share this with all of you... what do you guys think of this?

Probably both part of Phase 2. I’m still banking on a Coco overlay to Mexico, since Miguel is featured in the new fireworks show, and drastic changes to Imagination. I’d even bet that a Brazil or Spain/new country announcement would be part of this Phase 2 lineup, but even that could be overshooting. I’m sure we won’t know until progress on the other new additions get more underway.....or until WDW wants to mask their little Skyliner incident with positive press.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom