Rumor Figment, well, to be replaced by Figment

Homemade Imagineering

Literally some random guy on Twitter. I’m just trying to get validation to see if it makes any sense... lol.

View attachment 414824

The post that Joshua is responding to here is Dan’s post, where he states how he thinks the announcement of imagination and Mexico are both imminent, due to the fact that they are officially part of the permanent model in the odyssey. I thought I’d just share this with all of you... what do you guys think of this?

Hollywood 1939

Obviously the best case scenario is rebuilding the original attraction, but really how feasible is that? There are so many questions I'd have. How well-documented is the original ride? Not just big things like props but also little details like the mural and paint/mirrors in the lobby. Lighting. How the props behave (like the indicators on the Dreamfinder's flying machine).
How many of the props would have to be recreated and how many are archived? It seems like it would cost more than the initial build to gut and redo the ride in its original state. And unless a "money is no object" attitude is taken I can't see that happening.

Homemade Imagineering

Obviously the best case scenario is rebuilding the original attraction, but really how feasible is that? There are so many questions I'd have. How well-documented is the original ride? Not just big things like props but also little details like the mural and paint/mirrors in the lobby. Lighting. How the props behave (like the indicators on the Dreamfinder's flying machine).
How many of the props would have to be recreated and how many are archived? It seems like it would cost more than the initial build to gut and redo the ride in its original state. And unless a "money is no object" attitude is taken I can't see that happening.
I agree, but what I can see happening is an original attraction similar to mystic manor starring both dreamfinder and figment, figment and inside out, or figment, dreamfinder, and inside out in one attraction. These are my predictions. Now I don’t necessarily want an IP like inside out in imagination, but considering the current management, that scenario is unfortunately quite possible...

CalebS

The post that Joshua is responding to here is Dan’s post, where he states how he thinks the announcement of imagination and Mexico are both imminent, due to the fact that they are officially part of the permanent model in the odyssey. I thought I’d just share this with all of you... what do you guys think of this?

If you look on Disney Dan’s twitter he still thinks figment will be replaced by Inside out, so he obviously has no inside information. Could he be making a lucky guess about it being imminent? We’ll see, hopefully it does happen October 1st. For me, I would be surprised if they announced something else at the moment with all the knee jerk budget cuts that have been happening.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member

There's another possibility: They were included as a possible or even definite update... that was later canceled or put on hold.

If this was a MK Experience showcase, we'd be seeing a new Main Street Theater on display...

Mike S

Brain dead move of the year if they announce these now and not at D23 when they had the perfect opportunity to do it.

DoleWhipDrea

That model is the same model that was at the D23 Expo. At first glance, one would assume every model on there indicates a change/update for the 40th anniversary, since most of the model showcases a spot where that would happen - however, this is not actually the case. The model also has a few things like Test Track featured which are not getting any sort of changes. Of course, the model isn’t the entirety of EPCOT, either, so it feels a bit misleading.

It would be odd to announce updates on October 1st when D23 was just a little over a month ago. That was Disney’s press junket. It would make more sense for the changes to be staggered so that Future World isn’t entirely construction walls...not to mention relocating all of the displaced CMs from things being closed and finding new spots for them when attendance isn’t what Disney was expecting in wake of SWGE. That being said, the mention of Figment at the D23 presentation was huge, and the overall reaction to the presentation was mixed. The Expo was the week before SWGE opened in Orlando and it didn’t exactly meet Disney’s expectations with crowds. When Disney doesn’t get an immediate big reaction on a big investment, the executives get nervous and often have knee-jerk reactions. Maybe Disney is learning what most guests come to the parks for and wants to speed that process along while getting back some good will from the fans.

I would advise no one get their hopes up, just keep an eye on things.

Homemade Imagineering

That model is the same model that was at the D23 Expo. At first glance, one would assume every model on there indicates a change/update for the 40th anniversary, since most of the model showcases a spot where that would happen - however, this is not actually the case. The model also has a few things like Test Track featured which are not getting any sort of changes. Of course, the model isn’t the entirety of EPCOT, either, so it feels a bit misleading.

It would be odd to announce updates on October 1st when D23 was just a little over a month ago. That was Disney’s press junket. It would make more sense for the changes to be staggered so that Future World isn’t entirely construction walls...not to mention relocating all of the displaced CMs from things being closed and finding new spots for them when attendance isn’t what Disney was expecting in wake of SWGE. That being said, the mention of Figment at the D23 presentation was huge, and the overall reaction to the presentation was mixed. The Expo was the week before SWGE opened in Orlando and it didn’t exactly meet Disney’s expectations with crowds. When Disney doesn’t get an immediate big reaction on a big investment, the executives get nervous and often have knee-jerk reactions. Maybe Disney is learning what most guests come to the parks for and wants to speed that process along while getting back some good will from the fans.

I would advise no one get their hopes up, just keep an eye on things.
Yeah I agree, I felt that people got their hopes up a bit too much for a d23 announcement, ( including myself ) and we were ultimately disappointed that nothing was announced. Let’s avoid that disappointment this time around, and just like you said, “keep an eye on things.” Keep in mind, something will be announced eventually, just maybe not right now.👍

DCLcruiser

They released some awesome new EPCOT Forever merchandise today and it includes Figment.

Back to an older post, keep buying Figment merchandise! We were at Disney Springs and DHS in September and picked up this beauty:

I wonder if it's actually limited to 95. Better be for $150 o_O

fullsizeoutput_11e8.jpeg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom