Rumor Figment, well, to be replaced by Figment

GenChi

Finally Figment's ride is getting its revamp

Attachments

• new-figment-bus-wrap-may-2024-2.png
    new-figment-bus-wrap-may-2024-2.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 32

Bocabear

the whole "meet & Greet" thing is completely lost on me.... Back in the first 20 years of the park's existence Characters would stroll through the parks and "play" with the guests for photo ops... It was charming and unexpected... and no one cared if they didn't get a photograph with a third tier character from a Disney Plus television show... Going to WDW was so much more than that... the attractions and other experiences..... It is shocking to think they actually tore out an opening day classic Fantasyland dark ride for a M&G....all the while still needing more capacity....

The Leader of the Club

the whole "meet & Greet" thing is completely lost on me.... Back in the first 20 years of the park's existence Characters would stroll through the parks and "play" with the guests for photo ops... It was charming and unexpected... and no one cared if they didn't get a photograph with a third tier character from a Disney Plus television show... Going to WDW was so much more than that... the attractions and other experiences..... It is shocking to think they actually tore out an opening day classic Fantasyland dark ride for a M&G....all the while still needing more capacity....
I think a lot of factors have changed since the early days to make that model pretty unsustainable at WDW. Characters couldn't roam like that today without being mobbed by guests who want to take pictures with them.
Indoor meeting locations allow for multiple performers to portray the same character in different rooms, giving more guests the chance to see characters. The indoor locations are also much cooler for the performers, meaning that they can do longer sets without needing as many breaks.

Andrew25

I think a lot of factors have changed since the early days to make that model pretty unsustainable at WDW. Characters couldn't roam like that today without being mobbed by guests who want to take pictures with them.
Indoor meeting locations allow for multiple performers to portray the same character in different rooms, giving more guests the chance to see characters. The indoor locations are also much cooler for the performers, meaning that they can do longer sets without needing as many breaks.
Agree, I actually think the parks need more dedicated indoor/sheltered areas for characters to meet (but don't replace existing attractions).

Heck, I think if WDI can't come up with a decent option to replace the Stitch space... use it for an elaborate M&G space for several characters.

Bocabear

It would need to be thematically appropriate. Do any Disney characters canonically smell like chili dogs?
Which is really a good point... Thematically Appropriate should be very important in a world class theme park....It would be nice if any Meet & Greet location only hosts characters that are thematically appropriate for the land they are in... smaller meet and greets spread throughout the park...so that meeting a character also becomes a quest...instead of a warehouse full of photographers and characters....They need to do similar with shopping... THe shopping is the quest.... thematically appropriate products in the shops.... and then go to World Of Disney to get everything... cut back the size of the emporium and restore the separate shops... That would be awesome....

MK-fan

You would think Disney would revamp this ride given how popular Figment. I mean look how popular this five year old wishful thinking thread is.

Figments Friend

I have been on Property for the past week, and have noticed something ‘unusual’.
The Imagination ‘attraction’ now has legit wait times.
Half hour waits in the morning, real 15 minute waits later in the day.

This is surprising to me, as we all know the current version of the ride almost never has wait times.

I am fairly certain it is only because folks are showing up to see Figment….as in the meet n’ greet.
I have also observed Guests coming to the Pavillion to ‘see the dragon’.

Most folks do not realize you don’t have to suffer through the mediocre current ride to reach the character greeting spot.
Just go in the entrance to the gift shop ….

-

Inspired Figment

I have been on Property for the past week, and have noticed something ‘unusual’.
The Imagination ‘attraction’ now has legit wait times.
Half hour waits in the morning, real 15 minute waits later in the day.

This is surprising to me, as we all know the current version of the ride almost never has wait times.

I am fairly certain it is only because folks are showing up to see Figment….as in the meet n’ greet.
I have also observed Guests coming to the Pavillion to ‘see the dragon’.

Most folks do not realize you don’t have to suffer through the mediocre current ride to reach the character greeting spot.
Just go in the entrance to the gift shop ….

-
Part of the reason might have to do with the lightning lane recommending folks to the attraction or having that as one of the options. And I think the other reason (which is the reason why I personally rode it the last time I was there) is because, 1. I’m a fan of the character in his original form and it’s the only way I can see him for the time being.. and it’s like.. ya know; may aswell ride the ride before meeting Figment since it already lets you off into the current ImageWorks to meet him. It’s not a good ride obviously, but.. it’s a ride nonetheless that you can “enjoy” real quick to see a couple AAs in and that atleast you can get a good laugh at for how way too short it is & ridiculous the changes done to it are (nothing like sparsely decorated rooms with office doors, charts, and skunk farts blown in my face, Amirite? Hahaha, Oii Veii.. 🤦‍♂️. Really is a spectacle in and itself to see just ‘how’ bad the changes truly are) , and 2. if you’re a fan of the OG.. point out where things used to be and what replaced them, before meeting Figment and seeing a nice tribute piece to the original for the background of his meeting space. It is what it is, ya know. Lol! I think another part of it too is people just wanna get out of the heat, even if it’s for only a few minutes and a ride (regardless of how dumb or good it is) is definitely the way to do it.
IMG_6673.jpeg

(note: I should also add.. the quick EPCOT day trip was an afterthought to a week & resort stay at Universal Studios this time around.. the Figment meet n greet was the only thing that convinced me to go back that day on this trip.. so.. take that for what it’s worth.. they’ll def get me back at a resort and a week’s stay (aswell as future trips) if Disney were to bring back the original attraction enhanced w new spfx & tech along with various other incentives they used to offer at their resorts before things changed/got cut back. I can say that much. That and keep the classics they’ve already got.)

Last edited:

Cmdr_Crimson

That M&G Character is even worse than I thought it looked when it was introduced.... That is just terrible! I would rater seen a very elaborate puppet type character in an appropriate size being controlled off-scene to make it feel like the character lives....not a sports mascot version. Yikes!!
I See where your going it's like when a university updates their Old Mascot for sleek and younger looking one...
EoZSy6DXYA4iS9R.jpg
img_2034-jpeg.742361

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom