Rumor Figment, well, to be replaced by Figment

Moth

Yup. Completely different situation, lower stakes, etc… although they still have to get this one right because whatever it might be will remain for decades to come. We’ve waited long enough for a proper rectification of their past mistakes and have been left in the dust these past 2 decades. If anything, TBA’s lukewarm reception should be used as a jumping point/motivating factor to make Imagination happen alot sooner, in order to win over fans who’ve felt like they’ve been betrayed. It’s a smart marketing move & Figment remains as popular as ever. I certainly hope we hear something at D23, Disney needs to at least commit to multiple things in time for Epic and this is an ideal time for that
Inner team knows whatever they do for TT, SE and Imagination is what is being there for EPCOT 50, which reportedly will be "big".

Homemade Imagineering

Inner team knows whatever they do for TT, SE and Imagination is what is being there for EPCOT 50, which reportedly will be "big".
Well that gives me some optimism at least. Having all three of those at their best by the 50th given each update is faithful will do this park a huge favor. If it all comes to fruition then the park would be in far better shape than it has been in the past 2 decades. Seriously hoping we get some more info on one of these updates following TT at D23

Moth

Will Seas get any major work too?

Will Wonders of Life still be empty?
I didn't hear anything about Seas.

Epic Games might have something to do with a revised Play! Pavilion if what I heard awhile back is true.

Well that gives me some optimism at least. Having all three of those at their best by the 50th given each update is faithful will do this park a huge favor. If it all comes to fruition then the park would be in far better shape than it has been in the past 2 decades. Seriously hoping we get some more info on one of these updates following TT at D23
I feel confident in saying SE or Imagination may pop up at D23. I feel a Certain Ride that's opening soon and it's reception with the general public/passholders may affect who goes first.

Homemade Imagineering

Really wish they'd let Tony Baxter loose on Imagination, but I don't see that happening.
Actually I wouldn’t be surprised to see them wanting to make this happen after the reception of TBA… bringing in Tony and allowing him to have full hands on this project would win alot of people back who’ve been turned off from TBA. Naming him as a creative supervisor on TBA only for fans to find out that was barely the case isn’t a good look, even if it was due in part to his own decision to leave. I don’t know if Tiana has Tony feeling any more jaded with the company than he already is, but I would imagine with enough convincing from Disney and a healthy paycheck, they could work something out. In the end everyone wins, I sincerely hope this will be the case

Figments Friend

@Figments Friend Do you think there's a realistic chance of this happening?
Anything is possible.

I know Tony would absolutely LOVE to do so, and I sincerely do hope it will happen.

But there needs to be some serious restructuring within the Company and a shift in direction before I see that taking place.

He is ready and willing.
🙂

Tony once told me that what we need is to just convince WDW Ops that the Pavillion needs work and that the Attraction NEEDS a refresh.
Nothing will happen until they feel it needs to be done.

-

MerlinTheGoat

Tony once told me that what we need is to just convince WDW Ops that the Pavillion needs work and that the Attraction NEEDS a refresh.
Nothing will happen until they feel it needs to be done.
How could they not already realize this? People have literally been screaming non-stop at them to fix this mess literally since 1999. Adding Figment back into the ride didn't stop the screaming either. He's the only thing people like about the current ride, and it's very explicitly only the original ride and its version of Figment that everyone likes.

There's no way park ops don't realize the ride is hated by nearly everyone. It never has a line and people are extremely vocal about their disdain of it too. The popularity of Dreamfinder, as well as the original ride, are extremely well known across the company. They do know this, it's why they allow presentations on the original at major D23 events and bring Ron Schneider out on stage in costume to sing the theme (to roaring applause and audience pleas to bring it back). This has been and still is THE deadest pavilion at Future World for decades. I'd say even moreso than Ellen or Innoventions at their least popular points in time.

I really don't understand what more could be done to try to convince them of this outside of mass demonstrations in front of the ride and vandalism...

DCLcruiser

I guess they don't have much reason to update it. Merch sells w/ or w/o the ride being good.

I really wish they would update it though.

Figments Friend

How could they not already realize this? People have literally been screaming non-stop at them to fix this mess literally since 1999. Adding Figment back into the ride didn't stop the screaming either. He's the only thing people like about the current ride, and it's very explicitly only the original ride and its version of Figment that everyone likes.

There's no way park ops don't realize the ride is hated by nearly everyone. It never has a line and people are extremely vocal about their disdain of it too. The popularity of Dreamfinder, as well as the original ride, are extremely well known across the company. They do know this, it's why they allow presentations on the original at major D23 events and bring Ron Schneider out on stage in costume to sing the theme (to roaring applause and audience pleas to bring it back). This has been and still is THE deadest pavilion at Future World for decades. I'd say even moreso than Ellen or Innoventions at their least popular points in time.

I really don't understand what more could be done to try to convince them of this outside of mass demonstrations in front of the ride and vandalism...

Agree with all of this, and it is baffling indeed.

My only guess is Ops just chooses NOT to see the need.
Because, money.

The recent Figment meet and greet has now created wait times…which Ops likely views as ‘enough of an improvement’.
Of course it is only an inexpensive bandage on a much , much larger wound.

Mass demonstrations and vandalism to get the point across is okay by me, by the way.
😉

-

FigmentJedi

You do realize that that was the 2nd incarnation sans Figment ......
The original was a "You had it all along" thing, it's right there in the song with "We all have sparks". The second incarnation was "Oh hey, it looks like all these garbage optical illusions we showed you made your brain suddenly start generating rejected entries from an early 2000s monthly photoshop contest".

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom