Rumor Figment, well, to be replaced by Figment

Figments Friend

OMG! Please, if there’s any way. Definitely try and digitize that cassette for us to hear of the breakdown when we can, aswell as post those photos for us to see. Super rare we see anything like that posted anywhere. That would be amazing! ❤️
Will keep this in mind the next time I have the time to do so.
Something I have been meaning to do for years.

I have several audio tapes I recorded of various ride throughs, capturing many of the show element sounds you don’t usually hear.
As well as the ‘breakdown’ ride through tape.

-

Dragonman

Will keep this in mind the next time I have the time to do so.
Something I have been meaning to do for years.

I have several audio tapes I recorded of various ride throughs, capturing many of the show element sounds you don’t usually hear.
As well as the ‘breakdown’ ride through tape.

-
Sounds like you’d get along well with @marni1971 lol.

FigmentFan82

I know a lot of people like to blue sky ideas about what a true re-imagining of the Imagination Pavilion would look like.
I'm curious what some might think a genuinely realistic approach would look like. We know what most people want, what do we think we might actually get?

Haymarket2008

I know a lot of people like to blue sky ideas about what a true re-imagining of the Imagination Pavilion would look like.
I'm curious what some might think a genuinely realistic approach would look like. We know what most people want, what do we think we might actually get?

Dream scenario: Mystic Manor but Dreamfinder/Figment. It's too perfect. (I realize that in order to do that realistically, they would have to level the majority of the building. Which is NOT something I am advocating for.)

Realistic scenario: Keeping the same track layout but a full upgrade on infrastructure. Dreamfinder back in. Something that hews closely to the original in spirit but a totally new experience. Projection mapping, dynamic sets and a handful of wonderful animatronics. Imagine if they gave Figment the "Olaf bouncing alongside the vehicle" treatment??!

- and the opening Dreamcatcher flight? Make it an impressive pre-show.

Last edited:

Epcot82Guy

Dream scenario: Mystic Manor but Dreamfinder/Figment. It's too perfect. (I realize that in order to do realistically do that, they would have to level the majority of the building. Which is NOT something I am advocating for.)

Realistic scenario: Keeping the same track layout but a full upgrade on infrastructure. Dreamfinder back in. Something that hews closely to the original in spirit but a totally new experience. Projection mapping, dynamic sets and a handful of wonderful animatronics. Imagine if they gave Figment the "Olaf bouncing alongside the vehicle" treatment??!

Agreed. Make the flight a pre-show, the original ride's story and music - and a modern version of each scene.

Henry Mystic

Author of "A Manor of Fact"
Dream scenario: Mystic Manor but Dreamfinder/Figment. It's too perfect. (I realize that in order to do realistically do that, they would have to level the majority of the building. Which is NOT something I am advocating for.)

I see no good scenario where they wouldn’t completely gut the old showbuilding, expanding upon it like Cosmic Rewind did to Energy, or demoing and reusing it like GMR to Mickey. If they did it to the GMR, they’re doing it to Figment.

It doesn’t necessarily have to be trackless due to the abundance of them now in Orlando (how times have changed), but something on the scale and quality of Mystic Manor would do the original justice and is absolutely what Figment and Dreamfinder deserve.

The Pyramids are incredible to look at (my personal favorite architecturally in FW), so I hope they stay with whatever they do. I don’t know what would need to be kept structurally to allow them to remain, however.

Last edited:

Dragonman

A trackless ride concept would definitely fit better with the “Imagination” theme.

Regardless, I hope they find a better usage for the upstairs in the future than just a DVC lounge.

Last edited:

Haymarket2008

I see no good scenario where they wouldn’t completely gut the old showbuilding, expanding upon it like Cosmic Rewind did to Energy, or demoing and reusing it like GMR to Mickey. If they did it to the GMR, they’re doing it to Figment.

It doesn’t necessarily have to be trackless due to the abundance of them now in Orlando (how times have changed), but something on the scale and quality of Mystic Manor would do the original justice and is absolutely what Figment and Dreamfinder deserve.

The Pyramids are incredible to look at (my personal favorite architecturally in FW), so I hope they stay with whatever they do. I don’t know what would need to be kept structurally to allow them to remain, however.

Totally. If it means we get a stellar attraction….gut the building. Lose the pyramids? No thanks. Im certainly not beholden to the current track by any means.

I don’t see them spending the money on demolishing the building, so I think it will remain. Thankfully.

SailorMercury

Sadly I think when they finally get to the imagination pavillion we will wish they hadnt.
I think Disney knows they have to tread lightly with Figment fans given what happened when they initially got rid of him, as well as him already having a massive fan base that makes it easy to sell toys of.

UNCgolf

I agree. I think the incarnation we have is legitimately the worst ride (as in C-ticket+) presently at any Disney park in the world.

Speaks to the volume of how great a character Figment is.

Nemo is pretty awful too, although that's exacerbated by the fact they blocked views into the aquarium for it. It's rough that both rides are in the same park.

Inspired Figment

I still say the most realistic approach would be to go back to the original 83-98 attraction. Original track layout and all. But enhance each scene with new spfx & upgraded technology. Remastered original audio, and perhaps some of the things originally planned but not executed when it opened in ‘83 like the fully animated ending sequence in the film finale, and the rotoscoped animation of Figment dancing with the ballerina in the Performing Arts scene (to name a couple things for example.)
why reinvent something that was never broken in the first place. It’s like trying to reinvent the Haunted Mansion if it had the same fate as Journey Into Imagination in ‘98/99. There’s just no need for that.

FigmentFan82

I still say the most realistic approach would be to go back to the original 83-98 attraction. Original track layout and all. But enhance each scene with new spfx & upgraded technology. Remastered original audio, and perhaps some of the things originally planned but not executed when it opened in ‘83 like the fully animated ending sequence in the film finale, and the rotoscoped animation of Figment dancing with the ballerina in the Performing Arts scene (to name a couple things for example.)
why reinvent something that was never broken in the first place. It’s like trying to reinvent the Haunted Mansion if it had the same fate as Journey Into Imagination in ‘98/99. There’s just no need for that.
My question was obv hypothetical so no wrong answers, it's just always fun to hear what ideas people have rattling up in their heads. Also helps keep the thread alive, and we never know who's lurking! 👀

Epcot82Guy

The great irony for me is that the original Imagination actually relied on a number of screen-based scenes already. The Dreamport and Carousel rooms need to be fully realized. But, Science, Theater, Finale, etc. could all very easily use projection mapping and today's screen technology to be significantly better than they were originally.

Ignoring the turntable, it really is the original Epcot Center attractions that would have been best served by the HM treatment vs. the rip and replace/overlay treatment.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom