Rumor Figment, well, to be replaced by Figment

FigmentFan82

I think trackless gets a bit of a bad rap around here, but only because it's only been used in certain ways up till now with varying degrees of success. I think one big complaint is when scenes are in a big open room and the vehicles move about on their own.

I think trackless could really shine if you aim to avoid the big room scenario and try to make it more in line with something that actually is on tracks. Then break apart the train into different hallways, not a big empty room. I think Rise mostly has this kind of idea down but I would be inclined to keep it more like a connected train in many parts then instantly breaking away.

Maybe I'm rambling. Need more coffee.

Need good Figment ride.

Haymarket2008

Could be just me, but given the nature and presence of Figment in the “new EPCOT” and the cold, hard fact that he brings in money and crowds (the popcorn bucket and tons and tons of merch)…..I think the major Figment overhaul is inevitable. He ain’t getting scrapped for the newest film du jour.

UNCgolf

I think the loss of the pyramids or figment entirely would be worse to me.
As bad as the ride is hes at least still there.

I dont need marvel, inside out, or the newest hot thing destroying this building and relegating Figment to fandom and merchandising for whatever festival is next.

The loss of the pyramids would be terrible, but I don't really care about keeping Figment for the existing attraction. He's barely even the same character as the one from the original anyways.

Last edited:

Touchdown

Why do people think the pyramids wouldn’t come back? This time with an ADA ramp to the second floor, enough room on the ground floor for a shop, queue and ride. As long as it’s replaced with a similar design I would have no problem with replacing the building.

Rodj

I believe Disney might utilize the "glasses-free" AR patent that was filed last year, especially considering one of the examples used the JII ride vehicles:
1675356102387.png

ppete1975

Why do people think the pyramids wouldn’t come back? This time with an ADA ramp to the second floor, enough room on the ground floor for a shop, queue and ride. As long as it’s replaced with a similar design I would have no problem with replacing the building.
Because this is the company that thinks big boxes are sufficient. The design of what was future world is a thing of the past when it comes to disney. If architecture works with the IP (star wars land, pandora) they will spend the money. Outside of that you will not be seeing Imagination, space ship earth, horizons, wom, the land, the odyssey or the wonders of life of architecture just for architecture again. That was what awed me when I originally went to Epcot, besides the water, and landscaping was the buildings were all works of art and transported you somewhere else.

fgmnt

Keep in mind that this company is in year 4 in EPCOT of replacing a building they tore down, and they are replacing half of it with a substantially similar building and the other half as an outdoor water garden.

Dragonman

Isn’t the elevator still there? I would think that would already help with the ADA requirements.

Henry Mystic

Author of "A Manor of Fact"
dino land and flying carpets would like to speak to you :)
C-ticket+ was specifically excluding flat rides like Magic Carpets of Aladdin, Dumbo, & Triceratop Spin since they aren’t comparable to an actual ride and serve different purposes.

Figment’s current form is an abomination. The only dark ride I can really think of that’s on its level is Ant-Man in Hong Kong, and Monsters Inc. in California, but I still think they’re cleverer and better attractions overall.

Cmdr_Crimson

It's a shame the character has been absent from the park so long that reintroducing him could theoretically be detrimental to the current park.
Actually, he's been overseas portraying the headless mayor of Phantom Manor at DLP with the reused voice recordings of Paul Frees Ghost Host..The mold used for him is of Dreamfinder....Now here's how you ad some sparks of Dagger, Blood and Gory and then........A mystery story.
5ddad8c4ac2298e0ad3f0ce24195637c.jpg

SailorMercury

Look. If I can say anything about Figment, at least the character is still there. The ride as it is acts as a gateway for kids who think the cute dragon is cute to find out about what used to be. Happened to me. I was born a few years after the OG closed, and I learned about it after loving With Figment as a kid.

That and the scariest part of the ride is in the exact same place in both Figment versions.

Mickeynerd17

Look. If I can say anything about Figment, at least the character is still there. The ride as it is acts as a gateway for kids who think the cute dragon is cute to find out about what used to be. Happened to me. I was born a few years after the OG closed, and I learned about it after loving With Figment as a kid.
This is kind of the same for me. My first visit was 3 years after With Figment opened. My initial impression of figment was akin to old Chuck e cheese robots: terrifying. His movements gave the impression of derangement and resulted in me not liking the character for many years out of fear he would bite me or something. It wasn't until 2014ish that I discovered the original attraction and really appreciated the character for who he is. I most likely would've never understood the character if I hadn't stumbled on the old ride through google.

The fact they've let figment exist like this for nearly 21 years is sinful. Figment needs to be a joyful character not a psychopath.

Figments Friend

I’ve always wondered why they decided to remove Figment’s tux at One Man’s Dream, or was it added back later? View attachment 696530
View attachment 696531
I would like to know why this figure was seemingly not handled well archival wise....look at all of the paintwork rubbed off of the lower belly areas.
A shame really, the original paintwork was beautifully done with subtlet airbrushing effects.

-

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom