Rumor Figment, well, to be replaced by Figment

Cmdr_Crimson

Just caught the Imagination light show on SSE. Gorgeous. Hearing that music played in the park in that way was amazing.
They should have been doing this for Epcot's 25th....
f9a32c_852ca87e4b7e498db507f487a964ffd8~mv2.gif

Dragonman

Just because there's no video or audio of imagination breaking down doesn't mean it never happened. I believe there was an issue that they decided to remove rather than fix. Also moving imageworks downstairs was a factor in the decision.

Heck, the original energy exterior music loop is "lost" because no full audio/video recording either exists or has been posted online.
From what I’ve heard the archives weren’t even able to find it when it was going to be reused for a show. Apparently it was stored on a Laserdisc that got discarded during the Ellen renovation. You’d think backup copies would exist though.

At least we still have the sacred Imagination bathroom loop.

Last edited:

Thelazer

If it genuinely was that much of a problem/unreliable during it’s run… then how come it lasted as long as it did with seemingly no issues… hmmm… and again, why no video footage of it breaking?? Huh…

All you need to do is look at the Harry Potter ride down I-4 (the magical bench's) that features no less than 2 turntable sections.
It can be done.

Now just think about those magical benches, being "magical dream catchers" that fly you around your imagination.
You get the idea.

Mickeynerd17

Can't they just use the trackless ride system? Then you could do what all the other trackless dark rides do and have the ride vehicles just park in front of the Dreamcatcher instead of having a turntable.
At this point, a trackless ride system would turn imagination into another MMRR. I'd rather recycle/expand the current track with a lot of repairs.

CHOX

Can anyone give me a rundown of what remnants are left of the original and not in use? Like I know the hollow floor you walk over on the queue is part of the old track (I think?). Going back in about a month with a whole lot more knowledge about Epcot than on my first trip.

Inspired Figment

Can anyone give me a rundown of what remnants are left of the original and not in use? Like I know the hollow floor you walk over on the queue is part of the old track (I think?). Going back in about a month with a whole lot more knowledge about Epcot than on my first trip.
67FDFD82-CBC8-4FE5-A7BE-140B2F109BFB.jpeg
FD07FBFD-8C76-4BA4-B472-28861B3CE2A1.jpeg

Sure, here’s a track layout comparison. most of the track is all still there, just under floor boards. Even the turntable is still there but disabled, parts of it can still be seen in the ceiling.

Epcot82Guy

While not ideal, if the turntable is highly complicated still (as it very well may be) - I wonder if a different idea would be moving Dreamfinder to a preshow - ala Tower or TT. You could have two or three theaters, with a Dreammobile animatronic overhead. Figment can then pop down (instead of up). You then exit the pre-show into the DreamPort (load station) - giving you a great look at all the sight gags in that part of the original attraction. It's a way to follow the original plot of the attraction without having that maintenance issue restored.

Mickeynerd17

Towards the end of this video is a visual rundown of structural remnants in the removed sections. It's really good for visualizing how it all fit together.

FigmentFan82

Would love a smooth not too fast track system if they gutted and started fresh. Basically traditional omnimover but maybe with a little more pinash - not as intense as Cosmic Rewind, but maybe almost like a baby brother to it.

Call me crazy

Mickeynerd17

Would love a smooth not too fast track system if they gutted and started fresh. Basically traditional omnimover but maybe with a little more pinash - not as intense as Cosmic Rewind, but maybe almost like a baby brother to it.

Call me crazy
If they completely demolished the entire structure, then yea.

Be careful what you wish for.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom